Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Dungeons still has plenty of rewards don't they? They can supply with with a full set of gear that works just fine in normal mode raids. And if you want bonus stuff (which is what the elder coins are, they were not intended for everyone to get their hands on, only those who had the time/interest), you have to put in some "bonus" effort.

As I've said before, the coins have a very slim chance of giving loot and will most likely only rewards you with random flasks and gold.
    Again not relatively or by comparison. Look people are leaving dungeons left right and center after the boss doesn't drop the shit they need. Does that sound like it's rewarding to you?
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Dungeons still has plenty of rewards don't they? They can supply with with a full set of gear that works just fine in normal mode raids. And if you want bonus stuff (which is what the elder coins are, they were not intended for everyone to get their hands on, only those who had the time/interest), you have to put in some "bonus" effort.

As I've said before, the coins have a very slim chance of giving loot and will most likely only rewards you with random flasks and gold.
    Actually, no. Dungeons are pathetic for giving loot, with their very tiny pathetic lootpools it's a pathetic chore to grind up a decent set if you're not constantly running them in guild farm-groups.

You know what the most annoying thing in MoP is? having to grind a whole dungeon because the only tank plate I need is gloves, and they drop off the first boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Actually, no. Dungeons are pathetic for giving loot, with their very tiny pathetic lootpools it's a pathetic chore to grind up a decent set if you're not constantly running them in guild farm-groups.

You know what the most annoying thing in MoP is? having to grind a whole dungeon because the only tank plate I need is gloves, and they drop off the first boss.
    Fuck that. Leave the dungeon. Why the fuck would you stay?
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    WoW became the success it was by getting away from being an "mmo". JP and Valor were meant to combat the RNG and hence one of the "mmo" aspects of the game. The history of wow is the history of progressive decisions aimed to ease players burdens and make QoL number 1.
    Doesn't mean you have to remove every single aspect of RNG, it still serves as an important role to keep players busy. Otherwise raids would take X amount of runs and either feel like a really long boring grind where you can see the end of the road, but it's just so far away that it's not worth it, or it would be so short that you would grow tired of it within a month.

Also there is still both JP gear for those who don't get HC drops, and VP to upgrade your raiding gear.

Deleted
    "Grinding" dailies is boring but grinding npc's to your hearts content with no cap limit is fun? Gotcha... I don't understand how you can find dailies so boring when you have no problem grinding regular mobs out in the world.
    Because I can choose my own pace, I can choose where to grind, hell, I can choose to grind through dungeons running lower geared people if I WANT.

I didn't have to log in EVERY DAY to do a boring set of repeated menial tasks that often were more annoying or awkward than the kill 10 dudes quests. I don't like having a reputation empty after doing a full round of dailies and then thinking "Yep, nothing else for me to do because the Heroics loot system is so back assward!"

Deleted
    Oh gasp, you have to spend 10 minutes a day doing dailys for charms, poor you!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Fuck that. Leave the dungeon. Why the fuck would you stay?
    Or think of the alternative, what if I need a cloak, and it ONLY Drops off the last boss. Only. I now have to trudge through an entire dungeon.. and then it doesn't drop. And the hilarious way heroics work is, I can't single that heroic out anymore.

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 03:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jn2002dk View Post
    Oh gasp, you have to spend 10 minutes a day doing dailys for charms, poor you!
    Nice reading comprehension there bucko, perhaps you should learn that we are not caring at all about charms, but being shoehorned into doing what amounts to a DAILY JOB for anything resembling good character progression.

Deleted

Oh no that sounds so horrible. I have been running Scholomance every day for almost two weeks now to get: http://www.wowhead.com/item=82859 which drops from the last boss. Am I complaining? No, because it's part of the game! A game you pay every month to play.

If you had your way we would all be fully geared the moment we hit 90 and have absolutely nothing to do within the game, right?

Deleted
    Or think of the alternative, what if I need a cloak, and it ONLY Drops off the last boss. Only. I now have to trudge through an entire dungeon.. and then it doesn't drop. And the hilarious way heroics work is, I can't single that heroic out anymore.

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 03:04 PM ----------

Nice reading comprehension there bucko, perhaps you should learn that we are not caring at all about charms, but being shoehorned into doing what amounts to a DAILY JOB for anything resembling good character progression.
    Don't overestimate yourself skippy, i was replying to OP. Your posts means nothing

Deleted
    Because I can choose my own pace, I can choose where to grind, hell, I can choose to grind through dungeons running lower geared people if I WANT.

I didn't have to log in EVERY DAY to do a boring set of repeated menial tasks that often were more annoying or awkward than the kill 10 dudes quests. I don't like having a reputation empty after doing a full round of dailies and then thinking "Yep, nothing else for me to do because the Heroics loot system is so back assward!"
    You DON'T have to log on every day, you can do 1 daily one day, and 44 the other! You also have a huge selection of what dailies to do! You also don't even need the charms for raiding, as it does not supply you with raiding gear and the chances of getting gear from the coins are really low.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raigonn drops quite nice gloves for tank. Hit/Mastery is good. At least for us, paladins.

Also, it took me about 60-65 heroic runs to get all 463 gear I needed as tank. That is, about 7 runs of each dungeon. Now I'm just helping guildies finish their glory achievements.
    Doing dailies, on the other hand, is quite enjoyable. I wake up at 7am, log on skype, log into WoW, invite my monk friend to a group and take ~2 hours to do dailies and go to work at 9. This counts as a good morning for me, since I have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by laserguns View Post
    It tells you something that people are already so burnt out on dailies after 1-2 weeks after the expansion. What's it going to be like after a few months, and when the next content patch is just... more dailies?!
    All that tells me is that Blizzard really didnt take human nature / greed / stupidity into the equation when they removed the 25 daily per day cap. People are burnt out on dailys only because they can not (or will not) pace themselves and absolutely feel compelled to get their first toon to exalted with everything ASAP. Nothing is FORCING them to do all 80 or 90 or whatever number of dailys per day they can now do, but at the same time, nothing is PREVENTING them from trying to do them all every day either, so many of them ARE doing all the dailys, every day. Which of course is going to lead to burnout.

Deleted
    Oh no that sounds so horrible. I have been running Scholomance every day for almost two weeks now to get: http://www.wowhead.com/item=82859 which drops from the last boss. Am I complaining? No, because it's part of the game! A game you pay every month to play.

If you had your way we would all be fully geared the moment we hit 90 and have absolutely nothing to do within the game, right?
    Right, so let me get this straight. You want to PAY for a game that you need to grind for months, doing the same boring dulled down and easy content day in and day out, because you have a slim chance of dropping something thats already outdated?

Jesus christ you're a moron. Even Vanilla Let you grind your way through reputations to get decent level gear.

Infracted. Keep it civil
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-10-09 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noselacri View Post
    Are people incapable of posting on the internet without resorting to ad hominem in every sentence?

I'm suggesting alternatives. I never said I don't want to do work, I just don't want to do 45 dailies every week forever.

But I guess you feel better if you can insult people on the internet, and that's best done with strawmen and selective reading.

And you are suggesting that your original post was devoid of sarcasm and insults?

You may have valid points, but you come across as another bitter player because "blizzard didn't do the game exactly how I want it".

Don't do the dailies if you don't want to...plain and simple. Try being constructive instead of QQ'ing and then blasting other people when they call you out on being one of "those guys"

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont even know what im doing with this expansion, all i do is fly around pandaria and if i see a daily i pick it up and do it, i dont even know if its gonna help me with raiding or anything in the future. I just do it...

Deleted
    Right, so let me get this straight. You want to PAY for a game that you need to grind for months, doing the same boring dulled down and easy content day in and day out, because you have a slim chance of dropping something thats already outdated?

Jesus christ you're a moron. Even Vanilla Let you grind your way through reputations to get decent level gear.
    Haha, you do realize that grinding the game in hope for gear is exactly what raiding is right? You pretty much called every single raider, a moron, yourself included. Good job.

Oh and also, are you saying you would rather pay for a game that plays itself, than do any of the work yourself? That... sounds like a really terrible system...

Deleted
    Haha, you do realize that grinding the game in hope for gear is exactly what raiding is right? You pretty much called every single raider, a moron, yourself included. Good job.
    lol

Owned

15+ Year Old Account
    Want extra epic? Put some time into it and stop complaining >_>
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Raigonn drops quite nice gloves for tank. Hit/Mastery is good. At least for us, paladins.

Also, it took me about 60-65 heroic runs to get all 463 gear I needed as tank. That is, about 7 runs of each dungeon. Now I'm just helping guildies finish their glory achievements.
    Doing dailies, on the other hand, is quite enjoyable. I wake up at 7am, log on skype, log into WoW, invite my monk friend to a group and take ~2 hours to do dailies and go to work at 9. This counts as a good morning for me, since I have fun.
    You obviously fail to see what I am talking about, Dailies are fine, I find they can be quite good when I am in a hurry.

But when I sit down to play this game, I want to do something other than grind the same easy and boring heroics day in and day out after I have done all my dailies in 20 mins.

Sometimes, I just want to go into the world and grind a few mobs, but the only use that us for is for motes of harmony, and that is next to no progression for myself at all, merely money gaining.

I want something to break up the Do Dailies - heroic grind - pvp -craft for ten seconds to sell on the AH. Grinding mobs can help that so much, just putting on some music and sitting there AoEing mobs for half an hour.

It breaks the boring monotamy of the terrible heroics and Dailies.

Deleted
    You obviously fail to see what I am talking about, Dailies are fine, I find they can be quite good when I am in a hurry.

But when I sit down to play this game, I want to do something other than grind the same easy and boring heroics day in and day out after I have done all my dailies in 20 mins.

Sometimes, I just want to go into the world and grind a few mobs, but the only use that us for is for motes of harmony, and that is next to no progression for myself at all, merely money gaining.

I want something to break up the Do Dailies - heroic grind - pvp -craft for ten seconds to sell on the AH. Grinding mobs can help that so much, just putting on some music and sitting there AoEing mobs for half an hour.

It breaks the boring monotamy of the terrible heroics and Dailies.
    How exactly is grinding heroics any different from grinding regular mobs? You're pulling everything to aoe it down anyways, and the people you play with are like bots since nobody says anything. The only thing you're missing is music I suppose.