View Poll Results: Pat on the back or a fist to the face?

Voters
200. This poll is closed
  • Pat pat pat

167 83.50%
  • Smash Smash Smash

33 16.50%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    uhm neither?...

but I dont know for sure... never had a son... but im quite sure if I had a daughter, who had a relationship with a male teacher... I'd be mad...
    its different if my daughter had a relationship with a female teacher though... that'll be hot... in a non incestious way
    and probably male student and male teacher is ok too... but not hot...

lol they forgot the blur the face in the video

Wait. How is this happening? Why is anyone in court at all? Is this a staged media event?

Age of consent is 16 in KY. (source)

So...
    ...pleaded guilty to having sex with the 17-year-old student at a Kentucky school...
    How can you plead guilty or be tried for something that isn't illegal?

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, there's something really wrong with any 27 year old woman who is attracted to a 17 year old guy imo, and I'd probably point that out to my son (albeit in a diplomatic way).
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcho View Post
    Wait. How is this happening? Why is anyone in court at all? Is this a staged media event?

Age of consent is 16 in KY. (source)

So...

How can you plead guilty or be tried for something that isn't illegal?
    She was a teacher at his high school.

Quote Originally Posted by Auloria View Post
    She was a teacher at his high school.
    The other charges admitted to are also not in violation of respective statutes. Something really stinks about this.

Law and Statutes here http://www.lrc.ky.gov/statrev/frontpg.htm

*takes escape pod out of thread as ensuing posts teem with wild allegations and the p word*
    Last edited by Malcho; 2012-10-09 at 04:58 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    this is a lie and something people who are pro pedophilia are gonna be saying repeatedly i this thread. the other thread involved a TWELVE year old girl. this is a 17 year old guy. at 17 i was working 50 hours a week and had graduated already. in most states 16+ can do what they want concerning sex

you folks who wanna pretend this is just like the 12 and 21 year old are reaching. there is a HUGE difference in 12 and 17
    It's not a lie. It's just the basic double standard. When men sleep with older women or a a lot of different women they're known as "studs" but if it was the other way around the woman is known as a whore or slut. There is no derogatory term for a man who sleeps around other than Manwhore, but what man takes that as offensive..?

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Crowley View Post
    Its pathetic to see the double standards into play here already.

I wouldn't choose either option tbh. If he was manipulated by the teacher, I'd feel sorry for him and we'd sue the teacher or at least get something done.
    If he was being a douchebag and proud of it, well, guess I failed as a parent then and I'd just smash his face and go to jail, nuthin to lose at this point.
    it's like teh double standard "don't hit women because they're weak but pay them just as much as men"

we're a dimorphic species, there is a double standard by nature...we are NOT EQUALS mentally or physically

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 11:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Knails View Post
    It's not a lie. It's just the basic double standard. When men sleep with older women or a a lot of different women they're known as "studs" but if it was the other way around the woman is known as a whore or slut. There is no derogatory term for a man who sleeps around other than Manwhore, but what man takes that as offensive..?
    i've not see women stand up for other women. they're first in line to call them whores and sluts. is that still a double standard or just reality?

is the solution to call men whores too or is the solution to not care if a woman uses sex to get what she wants.

This is exactly the type of thing that makes me wish that the federal government would step in and make 16 the age of consent nation wide.

I also don't think that any workplace should have the right to discipline a employer/employee for having a relationship with another employee or underling/student for any reason assuming it was consensual.

Infact if my 16yo daughter were to hook up with a teacher I would be ecstatic simply because she had the common sense to cling to a educated man with a career instead of some stupid teenage hoodlum.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Honestly, there's something really wrong with any 27 year old woman who is attracted to a 17 year old guy imo, and I'd probably point that out to my son (albeit in a diplomatic way).
    why
    women and men peak sexually about 20 years apart. men are closer to around 20 and by 30 they're losing 1% of their testosterone every year for life. women are 40+

stop with the "we're all just alike" bullshit.....we're not all just alike and no woman wants to be treated like a man or vice versa. people who "want" equality DO NOT WANT EQUALITY, they want the bigger piece of the pie. that's it

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 11:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    This is exactly the type of thing that makes me wish that the federal government would step in and make 16 the age of consent nation wide.

I also don't think that any workplace should have the right to discipline a employer/employee for having a relationship with another employee or underling/student for any reason assuming it was consensual.

Infact if my 16yo daughter were to hook up with a teacher I would be ecstatic simply because she had the common sense to cling to a educated man with a career instead of some stupid teenage hoodlum.
    16 is the age of consent in that state. that's not the issue. also, if anyone is ecstatic that their kid is banging an adult who is into HS kids, they're complete idiots. if you're into HS kids, you're not into mature people who are your peers, and at some point your kid is gonna find that out the hard way.

probably no worse than any other relationship but yo'ure an idiot if you think it's better because he's a teacher lol

Deleted
    it's like teh double standard "don't hit women because they're weak but pay them just as much as men"

we're a dimorphic species, there is a double standard by nature...we are NOT EQUALS mentally or physically
    >Implying you can apply generalizations to specific situations.
    Oh dear my sides.

15+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 11:52 AM ----------

i've not see women stand up for other women. they're first in line to call them whores and sluts. is that still a double standard or just reality?

is the solution to call men whores too or is the solution to not care if a woman uses sex to get what she wants.
    You're absolutely right, and it's just the reality of it all and it will never go away. If a woman wants to go out and have as much sex as she wants, let her do it - it's her own body just as it is for a man to do the same thing.

Women want equality and to be treated as equal yet there are so many things that are unjust when it comes to the basics. For example, women want equal pay to men in the work place (which I don't think is even an issue now) yet it's a mans priority (most of the time not all) to pay for the first date. Now, is that just chivalry...?

I'd be one proud father.

I would be really happy for him. Now if the genders were reversed I don't think I'd be ok with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    I would be really happy for him. Now if the genders were reversed I don't think I'd be ok with it.
    Thanks for proving the double standard.

Deleted
    To be honest if i had a son who came up to me and said he'd been banging his 27 year old teacher I'd just tell him to buy some lottery tickets then live the rest of my life as a millionaire.

Deleted
    Lucky bastard

First thing I thought of was the similar story in South Park and the cops reaction:

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    I'd say High Five kid who my wife conceived but is obviously not mine cause I was a virgin until 40!

Deleted
    Good for him, probably a high five would take place.

Also: Oh boy let's imagine this topic if the genders were reversed

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty shitty that this is going to ruin her life forever. Was it inappropriate? Sure. But she doesn't deserve jail time, and worse yet she doesn't deserve to be labeled a sex offender for the rest of her life.

One-size-fits-all justice. Ammurica.