Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    So by following your logic there should be no gnomes in World of Warcraft.
    No, because they existed in Warcraft2 but you ignored that (not to mention they had already established lore before Warcraft3)
    It seems you forgot that Warcraft3 was released in 2001, TFT 2002 (the expansion), stating they will be added in 2003 as fifth race is evident to my point of view (after war3 release) not yours...
    I like the part where you assume you know the attitude of an entire company based entirely around a single forum post from years ago.
    Because Chris Metzen is one of 3 co-leaders of Blizzard back then, he is literally 1/3 of the company POV back then, so yes it is not a small thing he post in forums
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    And where exactly in that game are the Pandaren canon and not a joke easter egg? The extra Horde campaign?
    Yep. Founding of Durotar campaign, where Rexxar finds Chen hanging out near Orgrimmar.

And where exactly in that game are the Pandaren canon and not a joke easter egg? The extra Horde campaign?
    Yes, the bonus Orc campaign which is canon. Are Rexxar and Rok'han just easter eggs, too?
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

Yeah. You know, the one that has been cemented in lore because the things that happened in it laid the groundwork for Orgrimmar, Theramore, many quests in The Barrens back in vanilla, and so forth. It's where we got introduced to Rexxar, Vol'jin, Baine, several others and Chen.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are as "cannon" as Pingu the penguin, if I knew that they will build an entire expansion on pandas... I'd been demanding a much better introduce to them, specially before KFP shows up
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    They are as "cannon" as Pingu the penguin, if I knew that they will build an entire expansion on pandas... I'd been demanding a much better introduce to them, specially before KFP shows up
    Penguins are awesome. I'd rather have a penguin-like race than Pandaren...

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to be clear, also I hate pandas, they are in Lore and I don't ever claim they aren't anymore, I complain a past mistake (imo) but that doesn't make them any less official than Murlocs for example, I hated a lot the idea of killing Illidan but I hope to never see a setback, yes pandas sucks and don't fit in wow, but don't pull them out because some (or a lot, no idea) hate them, stick to your decision to the end, but learn from your old mistakes
    Last edited by sam86; 2012-10-09 at 06:22 PM.
    Thrall

Just to be clear, also I hate pandas, they are in Lore and I don't ever claim they aren't anymore, I complain a past mistake (imo) but that doesn't make them any less official than Murlocs for example, I hated a lot the idea of killing Illidan but I hope to never see a setback, yes pandas sucks and don't fit in wow, but don't pull them out because some (or a lot, no idea) hate them, stick to your decision to the end
    illidan is coming back, probably in the next expansion
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
    Penguins are awesome. I'd rather have a penguin-like race than Pandaren...
    I don't mind that but please don't build an entire expansion on them
    Thrall

Hey Sam, I really call into question your knowledge of WC3.

WC3 released July 2002
    The Frozen Throne released July 2003 (which was after the April Fool's joke)

I don't mind that but please don't build an entire expansion on them
    but the expansion isnt about them... its about the war we bring to where they live... 5.0 we release the sha/stop the mogu/zandalari resurgence/mantid 5.1 we have a huge battle and destroy jade forest also the alliance help varian with the trials of the high king and wrathion furthers his plot. 5.2? 5.3? eventually the war gets so bad for the horde that garrosh does something despicable to win, varian leads an army of alliance soldiers and horde rebels to dethrone him

6.0 probably burning legion with illidan coming back and demon hunter hero class
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Hey Sam, I really call into question your knowledge of WC3.

WC3 released July 2002
    The Frozen Throne released July 2003 (which was after the April Fool's joke)
    They were still an April Fools Joke on April 1 2005. Well after WC3 and it's expansion. Be it a poke at EQ or the real life food delivery chain.

Even blizzard saw them as something to joke about.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    They were still an April Fools Joke on April 1 2005. Well after WC3 and it's expansion. Be it a poke at EQ or the real life food delivery chain.

pandaren express = panda express. do they not have panda express where you live? its a chinese food delivery place

Deleted
    I would just like to say this.

Ok this is Blizzards TBC april fools joke, the second new race (Alliance race) being Wisps. Blizzard obviously thought that the spirits and entities of Night Elves, the unit that builds up the entire Night Elf nation within the warcraft series was a joke.

At the end of the day, all of it is Blizzard's property, they can do what they like with it,
    if they want to make a joke they make a joke, if they want to follow the lore of that
    character/race/object they do so.

You can't just say, oh look they made a joke of (Insert item X) clearly they think that
    (Item X) is eternally a joke.

Which matters why? Blizzard makes jokes about many things.

Which matters why? Blizzard makes jokes about many things.
    Perception of course. Most of what we discuss in this thread is someones perception.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    pandaren express = panda express. do they not have panda express where you live? its a chinese food delivery place
    Nope don't have them.

Perception of course. Most of what we discuss in this thread is someones perception.

Nope don't have them.
    well there a big fast food chain. the joke was about everquest

see awhile ago everquest had a thing where if you typed / pizza ingame a pizzahut guy would come to your house and sell you a pizza in the joke if you typed /panda you would get sent chinese food

So by following your logic there should be no gnomes in World of Warcraft.
    If only...

It is canon, it was made canon since vanilla WoW. Or did you never do the quest "Chen's Empty Keg"?

"Well, I'll be... This was one of Chen Stormstout's kegs. He traveled with Rexxar a long time ago. I haven't seen or heard about him in a kodo's age. I appreciate you bringing this to me."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    They are a joke too, but Blizzard had the common sense NOT TO BASE AN ENTIRE EXPANSION AROUND THEM, imagine the rage at that idea

pretty typical comment from the expac haters. you people rage when there isnt lore to back up the introduction of said race(s), so an entire expac being built around a new race (its not 100%, btw, if you actually played, it would be obvious the conflict is still alliance Vs. horde), and the subsequent lore being introduced still generates the same amount of QQ. it really just shows you people hate just for the sake of hating, sorry blizz didnt ask for your input or permission to take the game in the direction they wanted to.
    Last edited by Crimsonfiend76; 2012-10-09 at 10:53 PM.