Thread: Starlight Ink

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Starlight Ink

I haven't been on since the downtime, so does anyone have the cost for the starlight ink from the ink trader?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It didn't go live.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by parkerlynne View Post
    It didn't go live.
    This, Blizzard did not properly upgrade the Ink Vendor during maintenance for some odd reason.

Thanks for the heads up.

Apparently nobody knows why it didn't go in, not even Blizzard. Neth is trying to figure out why right now apparently.

"This has been delayed and an additional update will be provided as soon as we have one to provide. Thank you for your patience and our apologies for any inconvenience." - Source

"As soon as possible" means "after dmf ends". I guess that's to counter the rage of people who bought starlight inks for super high prices and will be unhappy that other people would get them cheaper.

Deleted
    And people that have bought dream ink to make cards for the DMF ? :X

Ps : Apologize for my bad english..

They announced the ink vendor change yesterday so I believe that there are fewer people that bought dream ink then that bought startlight ink.

Well no one in the right mind would pay 200g+ for one ink or 2000g+ for one card, there is no logic in that and even with that price you are in a bonus. If you are buying inks to make cards then you have inscription, it is much better and less costly to buy herbs and mill them. This is just sad if they decide to put it live after DMF since im just 2 tired of milling 140stacks/day + herbing them, so i can get enough inks to make 6 cards!!!!

I am 2 cards away from making my personal deck. I've sold, traded the others I've made across my scribes. As for the value of the cards on my under populated server, 6k+ for a card is common.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapaj View Post
    I am 2 cards away from making my personal deck. I've sold, traded the others I've made across my scribes. As for the value of the cards on my under populated server, 6k+ for a card is common.
    mhm, the ally AH on my server has settle at a standard 5k per card.

The horde side is still fluctuating like a a mofo. 3k-20k...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Well no one in the right mind would pay 200g+ for one ink or 2000g+ for one card, there is no logic in that and even with that price you are in a bonus. If you are buying inks to make cards then you have inscription, it is much better and less costly to buy herbs and mill them. This is just sad if they decide to put it live after DMF since im just 2 tired of milling 140stacks/day + herbing them, so i can get enough inks to make 6 cards!!!!
    If cards were only 2000g each, then they would all be snapped up. 16000g for a deck is stupidly cheap. Decks will vary between 50-80k imo

Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    If cards were only 2000g each, then they would all be snapped up. 16000g for a deck is stupidly cheap. Decks will vary between 50-80k imo
    They are going for as much as 150k on my server. Buying cards on their own will run you about 10k a pop, with the crane cards going for as much as 15k.

There was an edited blue post saying that the ink trading would be delayed prior to the small patch. Why they did this or it happened who knows, they have the set up to go live with it seeing how the first few days of 5.0 before MoP went live they put in the ink trading we dont have now.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    I doubt decks stay above 50k gold very long. Just like the price of Ghost Iron Bars on my server, the only reason they sell for as much as they do is because of the early rush of demand. Prices will crash for DMF decks once the ink trader comes out and all the early raiders move on. I expect prices for cards/decks at next month's DMF to be a lot lower.

This week was the perfect storm for DMF prices if you think about it. First DMF of the expansion + raiders throwing cash around before they hit heroics + semi-casuals trying to squeeze into LFR ilvl + no ink trader.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    I doubt decks stay above 50k gold very long. Just like the price of Ghost Iron Bars on my server, the only reason they sell for as much as they do is because of the early rush of demand. Prices will crash for DMF decks once the ink trader comes out and all the early raiders move on. I expect prices for cards/decks at next month's DMF to be a lot lower.

This week was the perfect storm for DMF prices if you think about it. First DMF of the expansion + raiders throwing cash around before they hit heroics + semi-casuals trying to squeeze into LFR ilvl + no ink trader.
    Decks on my server are already below this as well... because they're just not selling. The price of Cranes, Tigers... etc. are slumping as too. Players were trying to capitalize on the newness, but the availability of herbs (re: ink) didn't justify it.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure my server has the biggest AH and one of the largest populations and our cards (even ox now) are 5k minimum with most at 8-10k and peaking up to 15k. My main having herbalism makes it easy, an hour or so of farming nets me about 24 stacks of herbs and I can usually nearly get 2 cards from that. Poor main won't get her staff for awhile now but she can cry into the pile of gold I've made.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

uhhh why isnt this live yet :C:C:C:C i need to finish my crane deck and im loaded with normal inks so i can trade them before DMF goes away >_<
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    I am now thinking this is deliberate and probably a good idea. They have put too many herbs out, so the price of trinkets will collapse once the ink trader opens. It is all swings and roundabouts though becayse if the trader had opened 3 weeks ago then those holding larger sticks if ink would have been in a better position as well.