Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Swedish lunch lady told food is to good and told to reduce quality for fairness

Annika Eriksson, a school lunch lady in Falun, Sweden, has been told to dumb down her food a bit. Well-loved for baking fresh bread every day and offering a huge buffet of vegetables, she was recently told by school officials to start using store-bought bread and cut her vegetable options in half because it's not fair to students in other schools, who don't receive the same caliber of food in their cafeterias.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_1948486.html

I'm all for fairness, but this is ridiclious. Punished for making good tasting food

Deleted
    That's just crazy, if anything, they should push for more schools to follow her example.

Deleted
    The school officials in Sweden can suck my presidential balls, I'm underweight and I am trying to make myself eat food to get a bit fatter, but the Swedish school food is fucking horrible. Period. 75% it's unedible because it's too dry and too hard. I believe even prisoners had food budgets which were higher than student ones.

This nicely sums up left-wing governments: Equality rather than quality is the goal. What you have is irrelevant; all that matters is what you have relative to your neighbors. And of course, everything is brought down to the worst available.

10+ Year Old Account
    What Treedill said. The world we live in these days I swear. I don't want to make this a political discussion but, I consider myself a democratic-leaning independent, but this liberal agenda worldwide causing situations like this is just lame.
    WoW : Burning Blade (H)
    90 Warlock, 90 Shaman, 96+ Mage, 90 Death Knight, 86 Warrior, 90 Hunter, 85 Rogue, 80 Paladin, 76 Priest, 70 Druid, 26 Monk

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    This nicely sums up left-wing governments: Equality rather than quality is the goal. What you have is irrelevant; all that matters is what you have relative to your neighbors. And of course, everything is brought down to the worst available.
    Harrison Bergeron - The Lunch Lady Edition!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harrison_Bergeron

Hey at least they get to eat lunch.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tomatketchup, the budget is actually different from district to district. Some have a good budjet, some a bad. The biggest problem is that 9 times out of 10 the food isn't prepped in the school, only reheated. That's why it's dry and generally crappy. Also the reason why "closed dishes" as gratins etc that have a "lid" generally are better.
    Then they also suffer some bad choises. Like for example having two soups on the same day that kids generally both find aweful. One looking like vomit and the other smelling like it.

Still, if you compare it to the lunch most schools in the US have. We actually have good food. At least when it comes to health. Got a cousin taking a High School year. The school lunches have been her biggest complaints. They are just fat, not healthy.
    - Lars

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    The school officials in Sweden can suck my presidential balls, I'm underweight and I am trying to make myself eat food to get a bit fatter, but the Swedish school food is fucking horrible. Period. 75% it's unedible because it's too dry and too hard. I believe even prisoners had food budgets which were higher than student ones.
    has it gotten worse or something? cuz the food when I went to school 15-7 years ago were awesome, never heard anyone complain.
    or is this something that haven't affected Norrbotten? :/
    Last edited by jonte912; 2012-10-09 at 08:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should turn around and implement her menu at the other schools, not penalize her for being good to the students. What the hell is wrong with people??

Got nothing to do with the government, on this level it's down to the school/district. The state determines overall laws, establishes the curricula, train teachers. The schools are not even funded by the state, it's the municipal taxes that covers education at this level.

So schools in different municipals can be totally different. Then it's down the schools to use the funds they get as well. My gymnasium had awesome food, my best mates school had horrible food, so they always came over to eat ours.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2012-10-09 at 08:27 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    Annika Eriksson, a school lunch lady in Falun, Sweden, has been told to dumb down her food a bit. Well-loved for baking fresh bread every day and offering a huge buffet of vegetables, she was recently told by school officials to start using store-bought bread and cut her vegetable options in half because it's not fair to students in other schools, who don't receive the same caliber of food in their cafeterias.

Uh..Ah....WHAT?!

And then people wonder why I don't like officials -.-'
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2012-10-09 at 08:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is the deal with Sweden? Why the fixation of government enforced fairness?
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

Lord knows I never ate any of my school lunches growing up here in the US. I always brought my own because they were usually awful. It sounds like she goes out of her way to make editable and healthy food which is a rare combination for schools.

I don't understand why they don't put her in a position of authority rather than hurt someone else's feelings. When you have a person who is excelling and doing good, make them the benchmark for improving and helping others to be better. From what I read, there were no differences in the cost but the quality was significantly better. It doesn't make any sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruncholyo View Post
    Harrison Bergeron - The Lunch Lady Edition!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harrison_Bergeron
    Oh wow I remember reading that years ago. Tragic!

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    What is the deal with Sweden? Why the fixation of government enforced fairness?
    The government got nothing to do with individual schools.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    sweden is such a good country that the only thing they can complain about is having too good school lunches, what a nice place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jonte912 View Post
    has it gotten worse or something? cuz the food when I went to school 15-7 years ago were awesome, never heard anyone complain.
    or is this something that haven't affected Norrbotten? :/
    Well, this might be one thing that only affects Skåne where I live (and have lived all my life), the food here is so bad that even hamburgers don't taste that great.
    Last edited by mmoc96b28150b7; 2012-10-09 at 08:44 PM.

Deleted
    It's retarded to be honest. Like OP said, one thing is being fair but this is just fricken ridiculous! Should be get schools to switch teachers so grade averages might average out better? Maybe decrease the amount of cleaners a school has to be fair with other schools? Bloody hell

Just like anything in the world today, it is getting taken too bloody far and getting more ridiculous every day.

Deleted
    utterly ridiculous, absolutely astounding how pathetic some people who're in power can be. she does excellent work out of the kindness of her heart and gets penalized for it? just pathetic.