Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hplaner View Post
    Yes it is intended. You can use Elder Charm of Good Fortune on any bosses you have killed (whether it be first or how many times you have killed in the week). But why waste it on LFR when you should be using it on Sha of Anger (who drops 496 gear), or if you're a raider, on Heroic Mode or even normal mode since LFR is only 476. They implemented it this way since there is a cap of 3 Elder Charm of Good Fortune per week. Hardcore people will be saving it for use on Heroic Modes.

You can not use it on the same boss again. You COULD, but then they fixed it for Sha of Anger.

Ehh what is the point of doing such easy stuff. Like really, what is the point?!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaburu View Post
    Apparently, you can run LFR as many times as you want and use Elder Charm of Good Fortune after each boss kill for a chance of loot, even if you have already looted that boss before. Was this intended?
    If you're silly enough to waste your tokens on bosses that drop 476 loot when you could be spending them on normals for 489s, I don't see why not.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Ehh what is the point of doing such easy stuff. Like really, what is the point?!
    Free loot! Er, I mean, "seeing the content", that. Also "learning to raid", by stacking in a single group and ignoring all the mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    I don't have to spend as much DKP on normal and heroic loot.

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    Guessing floor won't drop out, barriers will do little damage, and no + damage taken when in the field or at least a max stack.
    Towards the end of beta, the changes for LFR elegon were no debuff for standing on the energy vortex, the add spawn pools in phase 3 really don't do much damage and you do not need to kill the connected energy pillar for one to go down. This means the floor will still drop and people will still die if they fail to move, have to constantly tell people to move out.

In case you're curious, spirit kings had a 10 minute enrage which means you can wipe to it with low dps an your tank still gets one shot if no one stacks during Qiang.

Will I never did after retuning but before you can assume no one knows how to dance and your tanks take massive damage from the bosses.

We will have to see next week.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Free loot! Er, I mean, "seeing the content", that. Also "learning to raid", by stacking in a single group and ignoring all the mechanics.
    I prefer to think of it as "being rewarded for subsidizing the creation of raid content for the 4% of the players who do normal/heroic raids".
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I prefer to think of it as "being rewarded for subsidizing the creation of raid content for the 4% of the players who do normal/heroic raids".
    I chuckled :P Still, raids existed in this game for many many years without being all that accesible, and Blizzard made plenty of money.

That aside, there is no point to LFR. People basically queue up for free items, and minimal effort. If you could talk to an npc outside of the raid instance once a week, and he had a 30% chance to give you a free item, it would accomplish the same thing.

This isn't "seeing the content" anymore, it's people want epics that can't raid and they'll whine if that's taken away from them.

Easy? That's how I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    I chuckled :P Still, raids existed in this game for many many years without being all that accesible, and Blizzard made plenty of money.
    And then that stopped working. I bet it was a shock for the devs, too.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    If you're silly enough to waste your tokens on bosses that drop 476 loot when you could be spending them on normals for 489s, I don't see why not.
    Why should I spend a token on a normal Jasper Clawfeet when I can wait a week and spend it on a LFR Starshatter or Fanged Crescent? Weapon> boots when you're melee even if the boots are 2nd BiS, especially if you're not killing normal Elegon any time soon who as like a 2-6% success rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

10+ Year Old Account
    Easy, got 3 pieces of gear too

Let's see how it goes in 2-3 weeks when the less skilled players get good enough gear to sign up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Let's see how it goes in 2-3 weeks when the less skilled players get good enough gear to sign up for it.
    They'll be carried like they were in DS. Remember all the bads with no gems and no enchants doing 7k dps? Bosses still fell over and coughed up loot.

People called SWTOR content too easy, but their Story Mode (LFR) you actually had to do mechanics properly. LFR is not really seeing content as you can just ignore most of the mechanics and therefore the boss doesn't seem that interesting and therefore you are not actually seeing him properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilek01 View Post
    blizzard failed again at LFR if this is true. LFR should be for casual skilled players who cant raid with a guild cuz of RL shedule. It should not be for every noob out there in wow
    You find a way to "balance" LFR so that it is doable by 25 random people without any communication (vent etc) and let Blizzard know. Stop with the elitist bullshit. LFR will probably be my only source of raiding in the next little while due to RL issues. The difficulty is where it needs to be, it is balanced for people in 460ilvl, which is in full blues.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalek View Post
    LFR is not really seeing content as you can just ignore most of the mechanics and therefore the boss doesn't seem that interesting and therefore you are not actually seeing him properly.
    (Blizzard reads this and makes a note to remove mechanics from the normal/heroic versions so everyone can see the bosses "properly".)

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforMoP View Post
    Easy? That's how I like it.
    lol Ill see you in a month when everything is so boring again - maybe its not bad we can cancel subscription until next expo, I really dislike finishing same instance more than once its no fun
    Last edited by Marooned; 2012-10-09 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Why should I spend a token on a normal Jasper Clawfeet when I can wait a week and spend it on a LFR Starshatter or Fanged Crescent? Weapon> boots when you're melee even if the boots are 2nd BiS, especially if you're not killing normal Elegon any time soon who as like a 2-6% success rate.
    Isn't LFR only the first 3 bosses so far? Would've been a great idea if LFR Elegon was available.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marooned View Post
    lol Ill see you in a month when everything is so boring again - maybe its not bad we can cancel subscription until next expo, I really dislike doing same instance more than once its no fun
    See, that's why they had this brilliant idea of staggering content. Even if LFR is doable in 30 minutes without a single wipe, you still have something new coming in a week or two. Too short of a break to really cancel. The carrot is always close enough for people to stay subscribed.

'Course, I doubt this is sustainable across multiple tiers, but we'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's supposed to be......