Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Here is more recent news about the whole thing: http://www.thelocal.se/43712/20121009/ it was all a 'misunderstanding' apparently but not according to the lunch lady but she can still keep on baking stuff etc.

Uh oh, they just told an angry woman to relax. Things are about to get serious.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can I contact this lunch lady and notify her that she is a great person?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Not to mention that our good teachers left because they simply found better paying jobs which required less extreme abuse from pupils, homework etc., so we're stuck with teachers that don't even have a teaching degree. Sweden simply doesn't care for it's students.
    The pay is awful as a teacher, no one goes into that education(apart from University level) for the money. Which is also I think one of the reasons for why we lack teachers now, this year it was almost 1/1, one application per university spot on the teachers program.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    So both schools have to eat horrible food to be equal huh? I don't know how most people feel, but if I was a kid at the school who didn't have that lunch lady I wouldn't care that much.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Gentlemen! I'm using government in the sense of administrative body that makes policy, not national government.
    I see, well in this case it's important to make a distinction, because it's only local authorities that has done this. A lot of things are done locally, like that news story about forcing men to sit down peeing at some governmental agency, or those road signs that had to be changed. Most of these dumb ideas are never going to spread outside the municipal that it originate in.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Confirmation bias is a hell of a thing.
    Yeah, Wells. I'm totally looking to confirm my deeply seated belief that Sweden represents egalitarianism run amok. Everyday I scour the news looking for more damning anti-Swedish evidence.

Keep fighting the good fight, mighty board warrior.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

I didn't say any of those things but k.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    I see, well in this case it's important to make a distinction, because it's only local authorities that has done this. A lot of things are done locally, like that news story about forcing men to sit down peeing at some governmental agency, or those road signs that had to be changed. Most of these dumb ideas are never going to spread outside the municipal that it originate in.
    Yeah, it's definitely an important difference. The US has crazy shit go on at the municipal level as well. Most of the evolution vs. creationism garbage, for example, has never risen above the state level.

Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    Here is more recent news about the whole thing: http://www.thelocal.se/43712/20121009/ it was all a 'misunderstanding' apparently but not according to the lunch lady but she can still keep on baking stuff etc.
    Fucking lame, they are just trying to save face. Idiots.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't say any of those things but k.
    Hmmm, then what would the bias that I'm confirming be then?

Quote Originally Posted by jonte912 View Post
    has it gotten worse or something? cuz the food when I went to school 15-7 years ago were awesome, never heard anyone complain.
    or is this something that haven't affected Norrbotten? :/
    My mother and father says the same thing, it's like someone nuked our food department. At my school there's barely any students eating EVER, we all go to local chinese resturants or a nearby pizzeria to eat. (Obviously the food chains are going strong )

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Hmmm, then what would the bias that I'm confirming be then?
    Bias doesn't mean political bias. You expect to see articles like this one so when you do they make a bigger impact in your head.

Got nothing to do with the government, on this level it's down to the school/district. The state determines overall laws, establishes the curricula, train teachers. The schools are not even funded by the state, it's the municipal taxes that covers education at this level.

So schools in different municipals can be totally different. Then it's down the schools to use the funds they get as well. My gymnasium had awesome food, my best mates school had horrible food, so they always came over to eat ours.
    Lucky you - my gymnasium had god awful food which was way too expensive...
    But the food at my later gymnasium where i took my extra subjects was pretty decent but just as expensive. They had a salad bar and you bought food based on weight not just portions as the old place. Was a much better way to do it but afaik these cantinas are not part of the school but private firms that the school hires.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bias doesn't mean political bias. You expect to see articles like this one so when you do they make a bigger impact in your head.
    I know what confirmation bias is. In order for it to exist, there must be a belief that one is subconsciously trying to confirm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muffinss View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_1948486.html

I'm all for fairness, but this is ridiclious. Punished for making good tasting food

The fun part is, they said it was a missunderstanding. She's allowed to bake her bread and so on. Here's an article in swedish about it.
    http://www.dt.se/nyheter/falun/1.517...-i-skolan-igen

I wonder how many more ignorant foreigners are gonna bash us for it, call us "crazy leftists" and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Lucky you - my gymnasium had god awful food which was way too expensive...
    But the food at my later gymnasium where i took my extra subjects was pretty decent but just as expensive. They had a salad bar and you bought food based on weight not just portions as the old place. Was a much better way to do it but afaik these cantinas are not part of the school but private firms that the school hires.
    Yeah it was quite lovely, we had business/working people and university students from one of the nearby Uni institutions that came in and paid for it during their lunch hours. We got it for free, do you guys need to pay for the food in Denmark?

10+ Year Old Account
    Make working in school cafeterias for x hours a requirement in culinary arts programs, perhaps?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    The fun part is, they said it was a missunderstanding. She's allowed to bake her bread and so on. Here's an article in swedish about it.
    http://www.dt.se/nyheter/falun/1.517...-i-skolan-igen
    Authorities are just backtracking because they know they look like cunts now.

Yeah it was quite lovely, we had business/working people and university students from one of the nearby Uni institutions that came in and paid for it during their lunch hours. We got it for free, do you guys need to pay for the food in Denmark?
    Yes at least the places i've been. As i said - i believe its private enterprises...