Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Monks are just terribly bad at 70, TERRIBLE

I love twinking, been twinking at 60 and 70 bracket for around 2 years.
    Hoped Monks would be fun in PvP (Wasn't expecting DK OP, just something fun...)

WW dies in 3 seconds or one shot vs Hunters.
    Brewmaster can't deal any damage.

brb highest dmg ability crits for 3k with Warglaive and OP achaelogy axe

I really hope that Blizz will buff em.

Nobody cares. Well, except for you.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-10-10 at 12:17 AM.
    "Once you stop caring what an arrogant, ignorant, idiotic little twat somewhere half-way across the world in a mouldy little basement with his mother yelling down at him to get off his arse and get a job is saying on the internet, you will find an immense calm overcome you. Suddenly the world will seem a brighter place and your mood will improve immediately."

Quote Originally Posted by ddk View Post
    Nobody cares. Well, except for you.
    Strong posts, just looked into your post history.

''Therefore, join a better guild.''

''Have you ever considered first reading what it is you're replying to? ''

''The entire concept of threat through damage is idiotic.''

''These two sentences contradict each other.
    If you don't care, then why make this thread? ''

''The second sentence indicates that your first sentence is completely false. ''

PLEASE, stop posting. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    he's right. Monk was designed around the full talent tree at 90. They're not likely to do more than minor tweaks for people in lower brackets because the assumption is that you'll continue to level. If you don't... oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Genetikz View Post
    Strong posts, just looked into your post history.

''Therefore, join a better guild.''

''Have you ever considered first reading what it is you're replying to? ''

''The entire concept of threat through damage is idiotic.''

''These two sentences contradict each other.
    If you don't care, then why make this thread? ''

''The second sentence indicates that your first sentence is completely false. ''

PLEASE, stop posting. Thanks.
    Doesn't change the fact that he's right. No one but a select few care about low level content and if you do you shouldn't expect any semblance of balance in it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Monks were designed for level 90, not for level 70. It's the downside of being added to the game so late. It's the same reason why Death Knights are so incredibly powerful from the first 20 levels (atleast they were when I was leveling one).

If they are underpowered for level 70 and balanced for level 90; making them balanced for level 70 would make them overpowered at level 90. You cannot expect Blizzard to focus on lower levels.
    Statix will suffice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    he's right. Monk was designed around the full talent tree at 90. They're not likely to do more than minor tweaks for people in lower brackets because the assumption is that you'll continue to level. If you don't... oh well.
    They should be just as viable as other classes in each tier, they have a power progression just like the other classes that start at level 1. They shouldn't have to exist in a vacuum until they hit 90.

The only exception to this is DK's who spawned at 55 with nearly a full tool set, freebie blues, and a slew of OP abilities. They got burned by a lot of things about the DK and it's resulted in them being rather gunshy with the monk. Saying they don't deserve to be looked at and balanced it's really fair and may also be ignoring some class balance issues that will come out once more Monk's start hitting 90 as it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    If they are underpowered for level 70 and balanced for level 90; making them balanced for level 70 would make them overpowered at level 90. You cannot expect Blizzard to focus on lower levels.
    What? That doesn't even make sense, Blizz has a million ways to tweak things at all levels of the game. So are you saying classes powerful at level 70 are underpowered at level 90 bo your logic?
    Last edited by SurrealNight; 2012-10-09 at 11:47 PM.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

It is level 70. Some classes are better at lower levels.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Blizz has a million ways to tweak things at all levels of the game.
    And those ways require people and time, away from current and future content, to modify things for a small small group of people.

Blizzard has stated multiple times that they focus on moving the game forward, not backwards. They will gladly leave old content untouched for people to enjoy what they already love, but that will not (in most cases) use already limited resources to cater to a very small sub-set of the community. Especially not when people complain already about the pace at which they release content. It's the vanilla server argument updated for MoP.

Limited resources = New>Old
    Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    To vehemently defend the claim like OP would is to present to these very forums a ludicrous display of ignorance and unawareness so profound and comical that it might actually deserve its own time slot on The History Channel.

what do we get at 90? chitorpedo, invoke xuen ? Monks are as bad in 70 as in 90, I think it's even worse in 90. Blizzard need to step up and deal with monks damage, cause right now it sucks real bad. It says it is the mobile class in the game, still I feel embarrassed when I duel a mage or a warlock kiting me like a rookie. Even our protective cds are horrible and countered very easily.
    {broken sig link}

Quote Originally Posted by Genetikz View Post
    I love twinking, been twinking at 60 and 70 bracket for around 2 years.
    Hoped Monks would be fun in PvP (Wasn't expecting DK OP, just something fun...)

WW dies in 3 seconds or one shot vs Hunters.

brb highest dmg ability crits for 3k with Warglaive and OP achaelogy axe

I really hope that Blizz will buff em.

[IMG]
    Seriously? You didn't even contest the possibility of it maybe...just MAYBE that hunters are just over tuned for 70?
    Also, re-quoting for emphasis:

ORLY? Tanking class can't do good dps? WHO'D HAVE THOUGHT?! Sure they do good dps, you hear it all the time. But that's in PvE where vengeance and consistency is a thing.

/facepalm

If you want to play at a level where the game isn't optimized then by all means do so, but don't complain about balance when in most cases it would directly affect the class at its intended level.

Deleted
    And yet Blizzard expect people to pay for expansions and sub fees while lvling. This "balanced at 90" crap is just not good enough.

Oh man, for a second I thought he was serious, but then I read he's twinking and I realized this was all a joke.

Seriously, stop twinking, it's stupid. If you want to twink (Please don't), do it at 80 with the ilvl 400+ gear, I was doing 30K+ crits on equal level mobs from my Blackout Kick, 12K+ crits on tiger strike, white damage was about 5K normal hits. Think that jab was doing about 5K a hit also. Did over 50K DPS.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    What? That doesn't even make sense, Blizz has a million ways to tweak things at all levels of the game. So are you saying classes powerful at level 70 are underpowered at level 90 bo your logic?
    No, that's not what I am saying. That's your logic trying to make sense of my logic, but it's not working. My logic says, if a class is overpowered at level 70, it's balanced at level 90, because Blizzard doesn't want to screw everything up for level 90. Fixing the overpowered level 70 version of the class WOULD MAKE IT underpowered at level 90.

As long as a class is balanced at 90, why fix them for lower levels? It can only bring forth more problems.

Imagine if they tried to balance each class for level 70. It would ruin everything for level 80, 85 and 90. They'd have to fix that, but fixing level 80 would screw up level 70 again and oh wait, also level 60. So now they have to fix level 60, but that screws up level 90. We'll fix it a different way. Finally level 60, 70, 80 and 85 are perfectly balanced, but it's totally f'ed up for level 90. So, they balance is for level 90 and level 60, 70, 80 and 85 are imbalanced again.

It's a neverending loop. If Blizzard would focus on low level balance, we would never see any new content.
    Statix will suffice.

dear sir or madam.

you suck at uploading pictures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SageKalzi View Post
    Oh man, for a second I thought he was serious, but then I read he's twinking and I realized this was all a joke.

Seriously, stop twinking, it's stupid. If you want to twink (Please don't), do it at 80 with the ilvl 400+ gear, I was doing 30K+ crits on equal level mobs from my Blackout Kick, 12K+ crits on tiger strike, white damage was about 5K normal hits. Think that jab was doing about 5K a hit also. Did over 50K DPS.
    Over 50k DPS? So you're saying you're doing more DPS than a full DS HC geared character does on Ultraxion at 85? Those stats must scale ridiculously well...
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Have you tried Spinning Fire Blossom as a WW? I was 3-4 shotting people in BGs. I also got wrecking ball at around level 65-70 I don't remember exactly. I felt pretty overpowered TBH.

Gogo double mongoose...?
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to hear they suck at 70 especially since you said you have a war glaive already. I'm jealous!