Solo Cata Dungeons for Cata rep

Hi All,

i am about to hit 90 on my DK, and wanted to start filling up some of the reputation gaps I had.

I am currently honored with Ramkahan, and thought of running some cata dungeons with the tabard on.

Any suggestions on the best dungeons to run? Do I just run normals and clear trash or run heroics and clear trash?

Any experience or tips would be appreciated.

I would do Stonecore and Vortex Pinnacle for the possibility of mount drops. If you have those already or don't want them ... not entirley sure. Maybe still Stonecore because I think that is one of the instances with the most Trash packed together.

Deleted
    Grim Batol has lots of trash mobs, more than Stonecore, you could get lots of reputation there. It was already soloable at 85, now with the new Vengeance and the gear infation I'm sure it would be a walk in a park.

It really depends how you feel about it. If you want to grind trash - go with Grim Batol. Hop on the drakes and hit everything no more than twice so that they're weakened and then go around and assblast everything. You might have some difficulty with the dragon boss because of the elementals he spawns, so I suggest skipping him.

If you want to just farm bosses - Vortex Pinnacle is the easiest/fastest place to do that.

Thank you all for your reply. I am guessing that just grinding trash mobs over and over and over and over and over... again, will be the most efficient way to gain reputation, though maybe the dullest

anyways, will give this a shot this weekend.

thank you for your advice (s ?)

Just a side note.... You could advertise in trade to find people who want to get ran through these D's for a price and double your benefit
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

10+ Year Old Account
    Why dont you just run MoP dungeons with tabard on?

It works.
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Cerunnir View Post

It works.
    Wow I didn't know this... Thanks
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Quote Originally Posted by Cerunnir View Post

It works.
    Cuz you need a party, of people, ew... Maybe op is an agorophobe, you never know :P
    And solo'ing old stuff is faster, unless you suck.

I wonder if I could solo Ulduar, it was almost doable at 85, should be at 90. It's my fave Raid, and I wanna be able to solo it ^.^

Deleted
    You could solo all of Ulduar except Algalon at 85 ^^
    It's quite easy now

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    It really depends how you feel about it. If you want to grind trash - go with Grim Batol. Hop on the drakes and hit everything no more than twice so that they're weakened and then go around and assblast everything. You might have some difficulty with the dragon boss because of the elementals he spawns, so I suggest skipping him.

If you want to just farm bosses - Vortex Pinnacle is the easiest/fastest place to do that.
    The elementals didn't hurt at 85, let alone 90. I doubt he'd have much of a problem with them. He could also always go frost and HB them to death if he thinks it would be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    You could solo all of Ulduar except Algalon at 85 ^^
    It's quite easy now
    But can you solo all the Achievements to get the mounts? (10/25man?)

Deleted
    What you can solo :
    - Razorscale shouldn't be hard, but it will take some time
    - Freya +3,
    - XT is not very hard, save your cooldowns for when the heart pops
    - Iron Council with Steelbreaker as the last should not pose any problem, kill the small first, then the medium (medium not the first so you can have his runes of power) and then Steelbreaker should die in a few seconds when you get the debuff (200% increased damage or something, however you will still die when the debuff expires)
    - Ignis should be a walk in the park, use all of your cooldowns in the beginning
    - Kologarn was damn easy at 85
    - I didn't have any issues on Auryaia
    - Firefighter is doable, I couldn't kill it 2 days ago, kept getting stupid wipes at < 5 %, lost too much time in p3. However I managed to survive more than 1 minute after the enrage (1'20" if I remember well) every time, but it's quite chaotic ^^

What you can't solo :
    - Hodir achievement, unless you manage to do 8 million damage in 3 minutes.
    - If you're an engineer, Thorim is doable, otherwise bring a friend
    - Leviathan : doable, but a pain. Bring a friend.

I haven't tried Vezaxx achievement (I haven't tried Vezax at all since 85). If I'm correct, Mione was able to solo it at 85, so it shouldn't cause any problems now. Yogg +1 was doable at 85 too.

Thorim doable without engineering if you have speed pots/speed boots/speed trinket etc. Rocket Boost not only method.

Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    Wow I didn't know this... Thanks
    you get the same rep running Wrath dungeons with a tabard on, and you get the same amount of rep if its normal as you do in heroic.

Wait a sec, i grinded that Tushi panda rep to exalted in UP, but i may have been still 85 when i did that and i think you have to be withing 5 levels to get the max rep, Ill see if i dont have a cata rep or any tabard rep maxed that i can check this out on and edit my post to be sure.

Just checked it out and I am getting the same rep in UP at 89 that i was getting at 85, ill check again later when i hit 90.
    Last edited by garfeeld; 2012-10-11 at 08:42 AM. Reason: update

10+ Year Old Account
    - If you're an engineer, Thorim is doable, otherwise bring a friend
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H18GMFpIJhQ

You don't need engineering anymore, not since Death's Advance exists.

Deleted
    Wow, very nice, didn't think of this, thanks

Deleted
    What you can't solo :
    - Hodir achievement, unless you manage to do 8 million damage in 3 minutes.
    That's roughly 44.5k dps, it should be doable, maybe use CDs, AotD, ghoul, DPS gear.