143 47.35%
  • D) Defeat monsters

110 36.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Hit troll with axe"

lol Big Bang Theory, that is all I think of now when I see choose your own adventure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
    Okay. I think I've come up with something that has never been done in wow before that you guys will like.

Don't assume too heavily - it's still very much wow and you'll still be doing some wow things, but I used the input here to bias where i spent my time.

The future looks bright... green.
    Can I just ... /dance

Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    Quick question, will I be able to keep my orange fire?
    I must quote myself because this really worries me. Xelnath, can you answer this, please?

10+ Year Old Account
    I must quote myself because this really worries me. Xelnath, can you answer this, please?
    And I will quote Xelnath in his original post.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelnath
    No additional details will be forthcoming. Participate if you like having influence on some ideas

At the very least, you should be able to keep orange fire simply by not doing the quest. Now, perhaps there will be other rewards, in which case it'd be nice to be able to do the quest and not change. But at the very least you should be able to simply leave it undone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    At the very least, you should be able to keep orange fire simply by not doing the quest. Now, perhaps there will be other rewards, in which case it'd be nice to be able to do the quest and not change. But at the very least you should be able to simply leave it undone.
    That's the issue. I really want to participate in those quests, they look funny and interesting, but I want to keep Orange, in fact, I wouldn't mind an orange version of Chaos Bolt and Fel Fire . So an alternative reward to the codex, as you suggest, would be really welcome for those who prefer to keep the fire as it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the issue. I really want to participate in those quests, they look funny and interesting, but I want to keep Orange, in fact, I wouldn't mind an orange version of Chaos Bolt and Fel Fire . So an alternative reward to the codex, as you suggest, would be really welcome for those who prefer to keep the fire as it is.
    the best would be something you can change as you wish, for example when the codex is in your bag you spells are green, but if you put the codex in your bank, your spells have their original color.

or maybe at the end of quest you learn a secret warlock minor glyph, than cannot be made by scribes. that way you could write it into or erase it from your glyph book as you wish.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could live with green fire if it wasn't optional, but is this questline going to introduce new demon skins as well perhaps? Learning more about where Demons come from does open up that possibility...

Deleted
    Think I found some of them:

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=124470 = Fel Immolate ('Replaces Corruption' in the tooltip).
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=124480 = Conflagrate (no other tooltip info).
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=124472 = Fel Incinerate (same cast time and range, 0.1% more mana cost compared to current Incinerate).
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=40948 = Rain of Chaos (simply give!).

I suppose Fel Flame and Chaos Bolt graphics would remain unchanged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darlissa View Post
    Think I found some of them:

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=124470 = Fel Immolate ('Replaces Corruption' in the tooltip).
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=124480 = Conflagrate (no other tooltip info).
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=124472 = Fel Incinerate (same cast time and range, 0.1% more mana cost compared to current Incinerate).
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=40948 = Rain of Chaos (simply give!).

I suppose Fel Flame and Chaos Bolt graphics would remain unchanged.
    Those are all abilities used by the Horde Warlocks in the Jade Forest, there's this too: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=131385 Felfire in place of Hellfire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Those are all abilities used by the Horde Warlocks in the Jade Forest, there's this too: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=131385 Felfire in place of Hellfire.
    No, there are different sections on wowhead by which spells are cathegorized. Your Felfire link is under "NPC abilities" and is already used in the game (by named NPCs). The ones I linked are under "Uncategorized", which means that they exist in data files, but are not *yet* used by anyone/anything.

But yes, good catch with Hellfire -> Felfire, I completely forgot about it. I wonder what Soul Fire would turn into (what would the ability be renamed to)? Also, I suppose Affliction gets nothing out of this.
    Last edited by mmoc8b742e5a94; 2012-10-10 at 11:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darlissa View Post
    No, there are different sections on wowhead by which spells are cathegorized. Your Felfire link is under "NPC abilities" and is already used in the game (by named NPCs). The ones I linked are under "Uncategorized", which means that they exist in data files, but are not *yet* used by anyone/anything.
    Yeah, there's this, 'Chain Felfire' too there (no idea what this could be, FnB or Havoc maybe?). My point, which should have been clearer, is that the NPCs use them, so it's not exactly unexpected to see them in the game files. I recall seeing someone posting the wowdb links for some of those a while back.

Are there any expectations to see the new Warlock faction and questline on the upcoming patch (5.1)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Are there any expectations to see the new Warlock faction and questline on the upcoming patch (5.1)?
    While quests might come in, I doubt there'll be a named 'faction'; it just wouldn't make sense within the story of 'War between Horde and Alliance coming to shores of a new world and awakening an old evil there'. There might be mention of the Council of Six Daggers, and they may even be questgivers but they wont be reprentative of anything bigger than the fractious group they are in themselves - it's made clear they're not exactly friends with eachother and are basically working together under duress.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    While quests might come in, I doubt there'll be a named 'faction'; it just wouldn't make sense within the story of 'War between Horde and Alliance coming to shores of a new world and awakening an old evil there'. There might be mention of the Council of Six Daggers, and they may even be questgivers but they wont be reprentative of anything bigger than the fractious group they are in themselves - it's made clear they're not exactly friends with eachother and are basically working together under duress.
    Basically, you get my idea. I was wondering about the Warlock specific content in general, I which I am currently looking forward to it a lot. By the way, they are called Council of the Black Harvest now.

They could appear as a faction trying to harness Sha energy, like a neutral power seeking personal benefit among the chaos. Sounds Warlockish enough to me and I am eager to see Sha flavour into the class sooner or later, since it has been presented indirectly so far.
    Last edited by deviantcultist; 2012-10-10 at 01:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Faction might be too strong a word, but some sort of ecumen or synod of Warlocks; who have no intention of working together after they have succeeded in harnessing greater power to serve their shared discipline.

We really have very few hard facts on what is in store; only that something is in production, and that we were asked in this and other threads to give our opinions on the matter.

coming soon, but how soon? 5.1 or 5.2?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zharradan View Post
    coming soon, but how soon? 5.1 or 5.2?
    I think we are more looking at a Soon™ then 5.1 or 5.2. I mean Xelnath & co. were still in the planning stages for the event it seems. Expect it in Mists, I wouldn't count on anything in a certain time frame to prevent being disappointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    They could appear as a faction trying to harness Sha energy, like a neutral power seeking personal benefit among the chaos. Sounds Warlockish enough to me and I am eager to see Sha flavour into the class sooner or later, since it has been presented indirectly so far.
    It's pretty clear they go back to 'old content' to see if anything was missed (Black Temple, Bastion of Twilight). In the same way the Quel'dalar questline reused the Sunwell, I figure we'll see parts of those old instances used in a similar manner. I think the Sha are too new to be learning about and bringing in to the class's story arch just yet - besides the fact they have nothing to do with Fel Fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Faction might be too strong a word, but some sort of ecumen or synod of Warlocks;
    The irony here made me laugh.