Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    For the Horde is now also 2/16

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maladicta View Post
    Except the same logic would say that Paragon's current progress would suggest that 10 man is easier... Which is why we should just keep the two separate!
    Paragon's current progress suggest that they did extreme testing on the PTR and just executed their strategies flawlessly. Else you'd expect way more 10 man US guild at 3/6.

Streams: just check out http://de.twitch.tv/directory/game/W...0of%20Pandaria - there's almost always a progress stream up

Quote Originally Posted by Dexterz View Post
    Interesting discussion, however can you really count a 10 man raiding guild as "World First" i mean it´s not really that hard to find 10 perfect players. 25 man feels a lot more interesting since there is so many parts that needs to go right. In time spent overall it looks like Envy is in the first place since the US raiders already had like a full day of raiding.

A very interesting race indeed. I belive it´s Method and Envy racing for the World first 25 man HC by the looks of it right now.
    I can easily count a 10 man as World First, there are other issues to consider when you switch down to 10 man. Things like reduced rezz, gear drops, healing ability and the margin for personal error is significantly reduced.

It's apparently considered the "real" tier in Korea too, and those guys know their games! :P
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Faster: Begin development on Raid B the second Raid A is released
    More Frequently: Develop Raid A, B, and C at the same time. Release them 3 weeks apart.

That's how I see it at least.
    The only factor that really matters is the amount of time between every major patch. 1 month, 2 month, 3 month, 6. In which, more frequently and faster would have the same definition (because they do). Raids A, B, C are all part of release content, they're all part of the same tier and the same patch. Releasing them separately doesn't change that.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    I'd still hope people consider the 10m and 25m races to be at least partially separate, tuning for some boss can be off on either size which obviously makes comparing progress between the sizes difficult.
    A 5% dps requirement difference can make 1 boss a wall on either size.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Is there a difference between "more frequently" and "faster"?
    Faster means you will do more content overall in set period of time. More frequently means you publish content more often, but it does not necessarily mean you will make more of it overall in set period of time. Specifically they said that publishing content like new dailies, scenarios etc will not be held back by raiding updates. I very much expect 6 month gap between raiding tiers.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Guys if Paragon gets world 1st 10man it doesnt mean 10 man is easier since they were the best guild at 25 mans. So basically u need another guild to win.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maladicta View Post
    My apologies then, as I think I misunderstood your original reply. And I agree with you That's why I really wish people would just think of 10 and 25 as separate races and keep the 'my favourite's harder than yours' out of it.
    It's okay, I misread it as your opinion at first anyways, so I were no better.

As for seperate races... I think a large majority of the raiding community do not see any of the sizes superior to the other, which means a very tiny, but vocal majority make this out to be a huge problem. People say about 90% of the current raidingguilds are 10 man, which suggest close to 90% of those players do not see 25 man as the superior choice. Meaning they either prefer 10 man, or they do not care if it's 25 or 10 man. Notice I said "close to 90% of those players"(close to 90% of those 90% in other words). There is obviously a few people raiding 10 man that would much rather do 25, but if we were talking about a large % of them, we wouldn't be having this many 10 mans around.

In general, people do not like being looked down on. In this case meaning they would pick the format that would benefit them but not belittle them. Being confident in their own choice, which for a large majority is 10 man, they consider themselves equal to those who have picked 25 and is obviously confident enough in this belief/themselves that they continue running the format no matter how much some 25 man raiders try to belittle them.
    Last edited by Duridi; 2012-10-10 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I can easily count a 10 man as World First, there are other issues to consider when you switch down to 10 man. Things like reduced rezz, gear drops, healing ability and the margin for personal error is significantly reduced.

It's apparently considered the "real" tier in Korea too, and those guys know their games! :P
    But it´s very easy to find 10 perfect players, communication is easier with only 10 people, there is most probably no problem with 10 peoples connection or lagging. They still get the same amount of loot as a 25 man guild (1 piece of loot per 5 players) 25 man get 5 pieces and 10 man get 2 pieces, so it´s the same amount. Imo its not really a big achievement to get World first with 10 players.

Method or Vodaka. Paragon has gone 10 man so its out of the competition, in case they come back, then i expand the list to Method Vodka or Paragon. I think Blood Legion and Stars are a bit behind them.

10 mans were NEVER taken into consideration in World Firsts, so it would be unfair to do it now because Paragon went 10 man.

I remember Ensidia getting a first kill in 10 man in Cata and being ignored by the community because it was a 10 man. We have to be fair here.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Faster means you will do more content overall in set period of time. More frequently means you publish content more often, but it does not necessarily mean you will make more of it overall in set period of time. Specifically they said that publishing content like new dailies, scenarios etc will not be held back by raiding updates. I very much expect 6 month gap between raiding tiers.
    They really don't have differing definitions. You're kinda stretching here. We both know that "faster" and "more frequently" mean the same thing: releasing content patches more often. If you have 12 months, releasing 4 patches over those 12 is both faster and more frequent than releasing 3 patches, overall and on average.

5.1 really won't show up until midway through Q1 with all this gating.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Eek, double post, my bad.
    Last edited by mmoca12629082d; 2012-10-10 at 12:43 PM.

Deleted
    Paragon do count, it is as simple as that.

Those who say otherwise are just wrong. If Paragon get world first they will be #1 in the rankings and there is nothing anyone can do about that.

So stop trying to say Paragon don't count because they do. This is not an opinion, it's a fact. You are starting to sound like butthurt fanboys.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Oh yeah, that's actually true. One of the blues said that during an interview sometime during early Cataclysm(that 10 man is considered the real race in Korea, since I managed to clip that out of the quote...)). Might have changed since then though.

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 02:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dexterz View Post
    But it´s very easy to find 10 perfect players
    Easy in a nutshell maybe.

Don't think there were many world-competative 10 man guilds all of Cataclysm?
    Last edited by Duridi; 2012-10-10 at 12:46 PM.

Yoshitsuna, as Crashdummy said in a post above "10 mans were NEVER taken into consideration in World Firsts, so it would be unfair to do it now because Paragon went 10 man."

I couldnt agree more with him. Just because it´s Paragon everyone is so supportive of 10 mans all of a sudden. Just because one of the best guilds decides to ball out doesnt mean that everyone have to follow their in their footsteps.

It´s pretty sad that all the Paragon fanboys are trying to make 10 mans a valid World First option just because their favorite guild is doing 10 mans.

Deleted
    All this 10 vs 25 crying jeezzz ... just follow the races yes !
    Atm there is 3 guilds with 3/6 Heroic

1 vodka US-Alterac Mountains 3/16 (H)
    2 Blood Legion US-Illidan 3/16 (H)
    3 DREAM Paragon EU-Lightning's Blade 3/16 (H)

Think it will be between them for world first 6/6

Quote Originally Posted by DarthThrall View Post
    Paragon do count, it is as simple as that.

Those who say otherwise are just wrong. If Paragon get world first they will be #1 in the rankings and there is nothing anyone can do about that.

So stop trying to say Paragon don't count because they do. This is not an opinion, it's a fact. You are starting to sound like butthurt fanboys.
    It´s the other way around, you sound like a butthurt Paragon fanboy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by laserguns View Post
    When I saw Method streaming the other day I was shocked by how many of their players didn't know the fights and were failing on basic things like the "dance" on Will of the Emperors. But they seemed to learn very fast over the weekend and had everything nailed by the end of the week. I think they'll do pretty well. Envy and For the Horde (didn't they disband?!) look like good bets too.

The korea and taiwan realms look weak, like only 30 guilds 6/6, but maybe they just don't bother to update their progress on western sites so often? Is KIN RAIDERS even still going?
    Well.. Method is beating them Eu's. So i bet they were trolling.

Make it a Alliance vs Horde fight instead of 10 vs 25?
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev 1.3 | G.Skill 8GB CL9 1600Mhz Ripjaws Gaming | Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4,2GHz | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 460 1024MB OC @ 850/1700/2100 | Cooler Master Elite 430 | 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ x2 | Corsair HX 750W 80+ Silver Modulär.
    Battlefield 3 profil: Brexour

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post

I remember Ensidia getting a first kill in 10 man in Cata and being ignored by the community because it was a 10 man. We have to be fair here.
    Which end game boss in cata? or it wasnt end game boss?