Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[BM] Lynx Rush vs Blink Strike

I'm confused. Top hunters in my realm use Blink Strike. But world top hunters rather choose Lynx Rush.

What is your opinion? Which one gives more dps?

I currently use Lynx Rush, but maybe it's time to switch to Blink Strike.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Lynx Rush is excellent for AoE using beast cleave, while Blink Strike... well I guess it can be useful on fights with a lot of target switching far in-between. Otherwise Blink Strike seem to perform worse than Lynx Rush even on single target. Don't quote me on that 'cause I haven't properly tried it out yet, taking different cooldowns in account
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Pretty positive Lynx Rush does not work with beast cleave. A Murder of Crows is simming higher than both Lynx and Blink - only reason I see to take either is if you need either Lynx: very quick burst or Blink: constant target swapping.

Murder is the biggest dps boost??

Go AMoC unless you need quick burst.

Soooo the winner between Lynx Rush and Blink Strike is... AMoC

I prefer LR over AmoC any day, LR is free and Amoc is 60 focus, which is so damn high ;_;... Also LR is basically 4 seconds, and aMoC is 30 seconds duration, thus I can use it on adds if I want to. Blink strike should not even be discussed, it just lacks compared to LR/aMoC when paired with Readiness.(2 min/1.5min CD vs. 20 sec CD)

DPS: aMoC > LR
    Actual viability: LR > aMoC

Quote Originally Posted by catbeef View Post
    *with your current items in your simulated setup
    The difference is fairly large and neither ability is really complex enough that others will see much different results, in femaledwarf. It's possible that in future tiers maybe that one of them will scale more quickly than the other, but I'm pretty confident in saying that the vast majority of people will see a somewhat substantial simulated DPS increase from aMoC over Lynx/Blink right now. Nothing wrong with simulated setups - what else are you going to go off of?

I prefer LR over AmoC any day, LR is free and Amoc is 60 focus, which is so damn high ;_;... Also LR is basically 4 seconds, and aMoC is 30 seconds duration, thus I can use it on adds if I want to. Blink strike should not even be discussed, it just lacks compared to LR/aMoC when paired with Readiness.(2 min/1.5min CD vs. 20 sec CD)

DPS: aMoC > LR
    Actual viability: LR > aMoC
    A valid point, the 60 focus is a PITA I will admit, but it hardly makes it not viable. Annoying =/= not viable. As I said before, of course you would choose Lynx rush in a situation that requires high, quick burst or just doesn't cater to a 30 second long debuff, but otherwise, unless it irritates you that much to use, aMoC should come out on top.

lynx rush is also a lot easier to stack cooldowns with. Amoc you have to try and get as much cooldown time within it as possible to make it worthwhile plus there's a few second delay to when it actually starts doing damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Pretty positive Lynx Rush does not work with beast cleave.
    Yes it does.

Deleted
    definatly lynx rush.
    every 2nd lynxrush you stack with bw and synapsesprings if ur ingi)
    +when you have the agi on use trinket every lynx rush is doing dmg with a 4200agi procc + beastial wrath every 2nd lynxrush

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Yes it does.
    No it doesn't.

Do you see the logic in both these statements? Keep looking.......keep looking........keep loooking. Nope, there is absolutely none. Please try to be more constructive with your information. How many of your 2k+ posts are this bad?
    "Hunters view nature as a force with which to ally. They spend much of their time with an animal companion. The bond that forms between the two is rather strong. To attack either is to bring down the wrath of both. With powerful attacks in melee and at range, and a friend willing to put its life on the line at your command, the Hunter makes a potent addition to any group."

Yes it does.
    It doesn't, Beast Cleave tooltip says "your pet's melee attacks", the attacks that your pet does, not the castable spells you do(KC/LR/BS)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    It doesn't, Beast Cleave tooltip says "your pet's melee attacks", the attacks that your pet does, not the castable spells you do(KC/LR/BS)
    And Lynx Rush makes your pet perform 9 melee attacks.

Unless they've changed it from beta, it should be working with beast cleave now as well

EDIT: tried it, didn't proc Beast Cleave, how unfortunate

Quote Originally Posted by danko215 View Post
    How many of your 2k+ posts are this bad?
    Feel free to check my post history
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2012-10-10 at 04:48 PM.

And Lynx Rush makes your pet perform 9 melee attacks.

Unless they've changed it from beta, it should be working with beast cleave now as well.

Feel free to check my post history
    The attacks Hunter cast(KC/BS/LR) Do not benefit from Beast Cleave, otherwise LR would be OP as fuck in AoE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dzidek View Post
    Murder is the biggest dps boost??

really? ive been playing around with them a bit, and murder of crows seemed the worst one to me, the damage on it was amazingly low

Quote Originally Posted by catbeef View Post
    *with your current items in your simulated setup
    sims are not real gameplay... macroing Rabid with Lynx rush is the best DPS in game. Sims are just sims they are not what really happens.
    Last edited by Nemesis003; 2012-10-10 at 11:52 PM.

Deleted
    I'm geting more from aMoC then the top BM in logs w/ Lynx rush, and over 1M more. LR doesn't line up w/ any CD's you have to delay some, when aMoC line upe w/ BW, and cost a proper amount of focus under aBW.
    Someon talked about vialiability. On each reddines you can actualy "multi dot" w/ aMoC.
    And talking about anoience LR is far more anoying when it give's your pet parry as it ports it in the boss face.
    So talking pure dps increase aMoC wins on non AoE encounters.
    A lot of people neglect aMoC as the fix to mastery increasing its damage came quite late on beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    sims are not real gameplay... macroing Rabid with Lynx rush is the best DPS in game. Sims are just sims they are not what really happens.
    Right, because sims can't account for something so complicated as stacking two cooldowns.

I'm not so sure about AMoC any more. Given that only 1 AMoC can be in effect at a time, it means you have to delay all of your openings by 10 seconds until it's finished, or just sacrifice DPS. Where as with Lynx, you can hit Lynx, BW and all the rest, then readiness and do it all again, immediately. Also Lynx will sync with Readiness usage if used on cooldown.