Thread: Low Dps

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Logs and your armory please, something is amiss here, I pulled 48k with around a 455 ilvl.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aevorne/simple

Here's my armory but I'm not entirely sure how to access the logs (herp derp). I haven't actually done any raids yet, I'm talking mainly about 5 man heroics.
    "Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken. Always and forever!"

Perfection is so horribly dull, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Vesker View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aevorne/simple

Here's my armory but I'm not entirely sure how to access the logs (herp derp). I haven't actually done any raids yet, I'm talking mainly about 5 man heroics.
    Ahhh, right, OK. As someone mentioned earlier, the importance here is reference points.

If you're not going to be doing raids any time soon, I could suggest reforging for 5% hit/exp as that's all you need for heroics. Also, make sure you know what trinkets are good and what are not. For example, whilst the brewfest trinket is a 470 epic, it is eclipsed by pretty much every heroic blue.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    I've only did the first fight of Mogushan and pulled 70k. I derped a lot (it was really late, i was tired as fuck and made some mistakes), and the healer chained to me loved to just stand no matter what, even if the boss moved or not, so I loose some uptime due to that.

My char is in my signature, I killed the boss with the fist weapon as offhand, since I didnt have the dagger.

This is the log http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1937&e=2292

I am somewhat geared, but even after derping quite a lot I managed to pull like 70k.

So i would say that rogue is in a decent spot atm.
    My Rogue

Veni, vidi, vici.

I like MoP now c:

Quote Originally Posted by Matutin View Post
    I've only did the first fight of Mogushan and pulled 70k. I derped a lot (it was really late, i was tired as fuck and made some mistakes), and the healer chained to me loved to just stand no matter what, even if the boss moved or not, so I loose some uptime due to that.

My char is in my signature, I killed the boss with the fist weapon as offhand, since I didnt have the dagger.

I am somewhat geared, but even after derping quite a lot I managed to pull like 70k.

That is a fight where cleave is awesome. 70k is sort of average. That's not a very good fight to compare our single target damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swendel View Post
    That is a fight where cleave is awesome. 70k is sort of average.
    That's my point, I sucked bad at that fight and manage to still pull an average number.
    My Rogue

Veni, vidi, vici.

I like MoP now c:

That's my point, I sucked bad at that fight and manage to still pull an average number.
    With a cleave, you pulled an average number with a cleave. That's my point. A cleave that hits as long as you are auto attacking. That is not a fight to accurately monitor rogue dps.

Just curious. What sort of rotations are you using right now?
    "Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken. Always and forever!"

Perfection is so horribly dull, don't you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vesker View Post
    Just curious. What sort of rotations are you using right now?
    Hmm just the "normal" combat rotation... I just used feint a damn lot
    My Rogue

Veni, vidi, vici.

I like MoP now c:

Hmm just the "normal" combat rotation... I just used feint a damn lot
    That's one of the biggest issues right now. With our energy regen being so horrible, I tend to use feint a lot as well. Obviously, that energy could have been used elsewhere to increase our dps. It'll get better, but it hurts us a lot right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swendel View Post
    That's one of the biggest issues right now. With our energy regen being so horrible, I tend to use feint a lot as well. Obviously, that energy could have been used elsewhere to increase our dps. It'll get better, but it hurts us a lot right now.
    Well i ended up being last in dmg taken, but the warrior after me only took 1.1% more dmg than me. It is true that I had a healer on the chains with me, and that fucking KS put me on top of a few pools (i always try to feint before, but even with feint it ticked for like 60k).

On a side question, I read somewhere that they were going to change KS, making a longer duration buff that you could toggle or chose what to hit. That was on the beta. Any idea what that got discarded?
    My Rogue

Veni, vidi, vici.

I like MoP now c:

On a side question, I read somewhere that they were going to change KS, making a longer duration buff that you could toggle or chose what to hit. That was on the beta. Any idea what that got discarded?
    That was back when they put Killing Spree in the new talent tree along with Shadow Dance and a modified Vendetta.

Step through the shadows to a random enemy within 10 yards dealing a damaging strike and generating 5 combo points on that target. This ability may be activated multiple times within 5 sec of its first activation.

Pretty much a more active legendary proc. They scraped the changes when they added it back to Combat. Same for Vendetta.

After 2 evenings of Mogu'Shan Vault raids I have to say that I am content with my DPS.

I was fairly lucky to drop the 489 dagger on the dogs right away and I felt that I was contributing to the raid nicely as assa throughout the instance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    I can't stand playing assassination atm, it seems like it takes ages to kill mobs and because of that I take tons of damage and since I've never played combat I feel like I'm at a dead end, its either play 1 where I feel useless or play the other where I am useless because I don't know what I'm doing.

Energy regen was fine before, why exactly did they need to change it again?
    This is my view in a nutshell. Last night I just gave up for exactly this reason. Combat requiring two slow weapons now just feels so slow and utterly clumsy now, like a good second or so between Sinister Strikes. It just feels like you lumber along at a mediocre pass, gradually getting points up to use a finisher. It's nowhere near the feel that it used to have, and that is largely due to the absolutely crap Energy regen problem we have now. I couldn't care less for Blade Flurry. I abjectly refuse to let one ability influence my decision to use an otherwise cumbersome and sluggish spec.

So that leaves me with either Sub or Assassination. Given my current gear I know for a fact it is not even worth trying Sub given that it requires so much setup to even start doing DPS, by which time the mob is going to be dead. Assassination is not much better off, given that you always have to have a bleed up that will actually last for it's duration so that you can reap the energy regen benefits, but again mas AoE'ing tanks or pretty much any other classes DPS spec at the moment makes this unlikely. And as somebody earlier said, any kind of AoE requirement drains our energy completely and then our single-target rotation is fucked, in which case it is better to stay single-target in an AoE situation because we will be able to sustain our DPS, and that simply should not be the case.

And let's be honest it's almost like Blizzard have purposely made bosses this expansion purposely to screw us over - constant target switching (Jade Serpent), boss immunity for 30s at a time (Scarlet Halls) - just to name a few. Assassination I see is the least of three evils between our spec at the moment because it's relatively fast compared to Combat, and requires less setup than Sub. But even still I still find energy regen is a major problem and I'm waiting several seconds between Mutilates. Sometimes I will not even get more than one Envenom off on a mob because the rest of the group have killed it quicker than I can generate 10 combo points. A majority of the time though, I feel like I am autoattacking more than CP-generating, especially when I have to switch targets and have no/low Energy. Again, this should not even be a question. We should simply be doing more, a lot more.

I think this energy problem has been a constant problem that we have faced with every expansion and I do not understand why Blizzard have not deemed us worthy enough to sort it out by now. We are incredibly gear dependant, so why not give us something to countract this stupidly low Energy problem we have at the start. You would think that they would have done something about this by now.

In relation to wht a few posted above me said, about running with Legendaries still, I wonder should we do the same? I mean I have 2x 1900dps Green daggers but you say the Legendaries will still do more at 2 x 1560dps? Perhaps the stacking Agi buff and high proc rate of wings counters this. I might go back to these in the meantime until I get some Heroic blues, see how this works out. Does that sound reasonable or desperate?

Legendaries, especially for assassination, are good until you get your hands on 450 blues - normal istances or dread wastes quests. Your green daggers are in facet below them - the dps is a great thing, but still it's not everything.

The fact is that we are used to very high amounts of haste = a lot of energy regen and a faster button spamming. While i think that too much spamming and being energy capped if we got too much procs was a very bad thing (i felt everytime not able to dish out my real potential), now we are in the opposite situation - too low energy regen and a lot of downtime, which makes the playstyle boring.

Assassination has always been slower and about pooling energy - but now it's so slow that it seems not worth to go for Anticipation since an additional Muti to get 5cp is traduced into less uptime of the Envenom buff. Execute phase stays the same. Also, the energy regen of VW isn't that predictable and can be made worse by RNG.

Combat is way better than it was in DS - and i mean about mechanics. We have a great burst and the macro SB+AR is really strong. With the normalization of CP procs, the energy flow is more stable, still it's not predictable and while pooling for refreshing RvS, an unlucky proc strak can make you capped in no time. Anyway that's a smaller problem.

Sublety is the more fluid spec of the three. The setup is extremely easy - start with garrote, snd and start rotation. For dailies, i go CS(glyphed) - rupture and it's fine. It has the more steady energy regen, and i've never found myself low and actually does decent damage. Unfortunately, it is way more dependant on gear, and if you cannot get an opener, the damage and ramp up are substantially higher.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    I did the first three bosses in LFR. While of course it's not a good way to compare, I have to say that I finished #2 on Guardians after leading all fight, but then the next fights I was around 10th. All as combat.

Deleted
    My experience as Combat is as follows:
    - Blade Flurry still carries my ass to the top whenever it's viable (I.e. Stone Guards).
    - It sucks major, insanely giant, and rather immensely large dick for anything else, to put it bluntly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    My experience as Combat is as follows:
    - Blade Flurry still carries my ass to the top whenever it's viable (I.e. Stone Guards).
    - It sucks major, insanely giant, and rather immensely large dick for anything else, to put it bluntly.
    Agree'd with the 1st point, Agree'd with the second point mostly; however, have you tested out 2.6 / 2.6 ? Interested to see how that does.

Assassination <3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutix View Post
    Agree'd with the 1st point, Agree'd with the second point mostly; however, have you tested out 2.6 / 2.6 ? Interested to see how that does.

Assassination <3
    2 x 2.6 is what I've been working with. As mentioned, I ended up rocking the numbers on Stone Guard and "sucking" on everything else. BF fights, well over 70-80k. Single target, somewhere around the 40k zone; Even less if heavy movement is involved.