Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Arena is obviously the only platform of PvP in the game.

in open world pvp/bgs, Ret has been one of the strongest, sturdiest specs since the Wrath prepatch.
    well. yeah. actually.

this game is balanced around max level pve, 3v3, 5v5 and to a lesser extent rbgs.

as much fun as wpvp is ( and if you look in my posting history you will see lots and lots of posts talking about how much i love random bgs and wpvp) they are NOT what this game is balanced around. using them as your basis for a spec's success or lack of success just isn't very accurate.

rets are pretty sturdy when played correctly, but they sacrifice a lot for their survivability in terms of mobility, damage and control which is really the problem, they do well in random bgs and in low to mid range arena due to opponents not knowing how to counter them. in high end arena warriors have traditionally always had better arena rep then rets have.

right now warriors burst harder than rets ( which is really something considering rets have traditionally been one of the most egregious burst kings in this game), have better survivability than rets due to the active nature of ret heals, better control than rets and better mobility than rets.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    By the OP's reckoning Enhance shaman are in for a season where not even Sargeras himself can strike us down. Jus sayin
    /agree - also, has there ever been a blue post on an enhancement topic thread, ever?!

on topic: if the OP believes warriors have been bad for most of their WoW career, he deserves a big fat L2P.

I've never hated playing a decent warrior in pvp, as I've had this season

On a caster, I get stunned and spell locked all the time, from charging, heroic leaping out, charging in, dpsing, then they fear / shout , run out charge back in, dragons roar dead

Pain in the arse

Also, if I survive that in the leveling bracket, which I do normally on my priest, Fucking second wind,

I have one warrior Real ID on my mates list, he gets hell of me everytime I pvp, I tend to throw all my hate for the class at him
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Norzuk View Post
    Let's say, a dude with no resil comes here and say: "OMG Warrior one shoted me!" NERF NERF NERF. But he didn't realize that the warrior got a 490 2H (guessing), all CD up, enraged, maybe zerk buff and 3-4 stacks of taste for blood.
    That's based off 1 player? Think of all the other Hunter's with an average and above skill level. They'll most likely smoke you if they know how to play as a Hunter.

Yes, they did.

Ultimate Pussy Class gets some of the best defensive cooldowns in the game, maintains one of the strongest offenses in the game, and could leave a fight whenever the hell they wanted to.
    Calling them a "pussy class" really makes you sound credible. You're one of those warriors that think PvP is two retards standing on top of each other mashing their damage at each other until one dies, aren't you? Ranged are just cheap cheaters and healers should be removed from the game?[/COLOR]

At least I'm the only one in the thread who can admit it.

Instead of all of you who use so many words to introduce nothing new to this "discussion".
    What exactly are you contributing? I'm sure you realize covering your ears while shouting la la la la and l2p nabs isn't exactly necessary either.

Bads need to stop crying, and spend more time playing the game. So that I can make your butthurt bigger.

I've never cared about game balance.
    Clearly.

Didn't care last season, or the season before and I played a Warrior. Why should I? Do your tears have magical properties that suddenly just get classes nerfed? Can I get some of that? Because them Hunters are really pissing me off with Double Deterrence.
    Oh no, there's a class in the game that doesn't instantly die while you mindlessly tunnel into his defensives? May the Lord have mercy on our souls.

What's that, they dont? Well, shucks.

...so you're just sitting here, "contributing" to a thread by incessantly bitching at people and trying to make them feel bad for having fun, because you think your rating in arena or gladiator title makes your $15 worth more than someone else's $15.
    Accomplishments don't make our admission more valuable than yours, but it means our opinions on balance are more credible. I find it sad that killing people with a grossly overpowered class is fun for you. When I PvP, the most disappointing thing I can run into is a no-contest win.

If you want to make a consolidated list of things that should be changed, which would obviously need to be posted by an experienced player of the Warrior class to prevent being a list of full retard class-breaking changes, that would be fine. But this? This is just a whine thread.
    I am an experienced warrior player. When I made some suggestions, I'm pretty sure someone called me a retard. In addition, you're sitting here blatantly stating that you don't care about balance. So yeah, I'm sure you guys will take care of it.

Arena is obviously the only platform of PvP in the game.
    It's the only one that's close to fair or competitive. Alternately I could join a PvE guild and compete in those races, but it really eats up too much time. Kind of boring too. But smashing noobs in greens while they're questing is a good answer too I guess.

in open world pvp/bgs, Ret has been one of the strongest, sturdiest specs since the Wrath prepatch.
    And a strong closer. Congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Trogdora View Post
    Sigh... Warriors. Warriors are easily snared, thats about it. A warrior paired with a class that can break snares off of other friendlies (a lot of classes can do that these days) means Warrior is about to smash your face in.

I'll repply to your huge post the way you wrote yours:

Warrior CONS:

- Can't get immune to damage, EVER!
    - Can't dispel stun
    - All dmg is phisical, hence reduced by armor.
    - Can´t heal as it pleases.
    - Can´t bubble+hearth
    - Can´t attack from a range outside Heroic Throw
    - Can't dispel sh%t, magic, curse, dicease or poison
    - Need to equip a shield for Def abilities (do pallies need shield for bubble?)
    - Very, very gear dependant.
    - Has no reliable CC, fear every minute isn't a CC like polymorph, hex, repentance, sap, cyclone or charm, trap, sleep, and I could keep going..
    - Has to charge others, can't pull them to you (this make a huge difference!) Do I charge that group of 5 players? or pull one of them to my group?)
    - Can't stealth, sneak or get invisible

Cry more about your ret pally, plz. That feeds me.

Deleted
    Nerfs are coming. This isn't even QQ, no class in wow was ever so absurd and not get nerfs within the coming months.

Love Warriors. I have played one for a few years, and I feel they may be a bit much. I actually had some success in arenas during the bad years. Even then it was mostly about being patient, waiting for opportunities, and of course, a holy pally partner. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    They need toned down a bit I can't keep them off me in PVP and when I do get them down they just insta heal back to full. Blood DK's are awful as well I hope the healing shielding nerf works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    Calling them a "pussy class" really makes you sound credible.
    Call it like I see it.

Rogues were ungankable unless you were a Hunter.

But yes, conrgatulations to me. For not spending my time crying on a forum about how overpowered classes are.

But you know, I don't know, maybe it's just me, but you'd think that a guy who played a Warrior in Season 10 and 11 that didn't care about balance doesn't just cry for everything in the game to be nerfed. I mean, come on man, least competitive class in the game at the time, still shitting on kids. Sure, it wasn't the most fun I ever had, but I played it and I played it hard.

Everyone talks shit when they play video games. Some people take it seriously. Then other people post it seriously, and then you have people posting bullshit seriously and taking it seriously. That is all that these threads are. Banter being taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Nerfs are coming. This isn't even QQ, no class in wow was ever so absurd and not get nerfs within the coming months.
    That's what everyone said about Mages and Rogues, they lasted the entire expansion.

Oh no, there's a class in the game that doesn't instantly die while you mindlessly tunnel into his defensives? May the Lord have mercy on our souls.
    Oh yeah?

Well why don't you walk within 5 feet of a Shadow Priest and a Warrior and get fear bombed.

and then go bitch about how there are too many fears in the game with cooldowns that are too short.

Deleted
    Don't know who was retarded enough at Blizzard headquarters to both give them gag order, shockwave, defensive stance, second wind, crazy damage output and superior mobility/cc breakers.

At least they are not as stupid as BM hunters in arenas. I don't know why these 2 classes weren't the first to get fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Seriously?

If your going to make a list of pros/cons and compare classes at least ATTEMPT to be objective. You mention bloody healing glyph for warrior healing as a pro, I pray your joking. Yet you make no mention of rets ungodly offhealing abilities to teammates where in 3s rets often are near the healers on total healing.

"No natural cc breaker other than bubble" as a con for ret, yet you have 2 hand of sacrifices, and apparently wars have ways to get out of cc like poly because thats not a con for them..

Im not defending wars here, we are slightly overpowered but mostly from cd stacking and a too short cd on shockwave. Still, in the order of overpowered classes, we are still only 3rd at best.

Oh, and lol mana burn..
    Youre an idiot. I did mention WoG for pallies. I mentioned sacrifices as utility. Mana burn a pally, FoL... wait, everything that costs mana is useless. :/ Judgment does restore mana but... it would suck if you really need to cast FoL but you couldn't cause youve been pressured by a mana burning priest.

Never mentioned Warriors breaking poly. I said they could break fears, and if Im right like I think I am, I believe they can also break Saps?

The only thing you really burned me on was the hand of sacrifice for a blind/poly break. I didn't think of that when I wrote my post

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 07:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Norzuk View Post
    I'll repply to your huge post the way you wrote yours:

Warrior CONS:

- Can't get immune to damage, EVER!
    - Can't dispel stun
    - All dmg is phisical, hence reduced by armor.
    - Can´t heal as it pleases.
    - Can´t bubble+hearth
    - Can´t attack from a range outside Heroic Throw
    - Can't dispel sh%t, magic, curse, dicease or poison
    - Need to equip a shield for Def abilities (do pallies need shield for bubble?)
    - Very, very gear dependant.
    - Has no reliable CC, fear every minute isn't a CC like polymorph, hex, repentance, sap, cyclone or charm, trap, sleep, and I could keep going..
    - Has to charge others, can't pull them to you (this make a huge difference!) Do I charge that group of 5 players? or pull one of them to my group?)
    - Can't stealth, sneak or get invisible

Cry more about your ret pally, plz. That feeds me.
    Lol another idiot. Bubble is on a 5 minute cooldown with a debuff that prevents us from using BoP. Bubble hearth? We couldn't even do that an expansion ago, and the only reason we can do it now is cause of a glyph. I feel like anyone who would do that is an idiot as well. No we don't need a shield for bubble, but bubble only lasts 8 seconds. And can be dispelled by your shattering throw.

-Fear, charge stuns/interrupts, and a ranged silence sound pretty good for a melee class. (EDIT: Didnt mention Pummel and Shockwave, but you can count those too if you want.)
    -What class isn't gear dependent? As far as I know there aren't other classes that have natural inborn resilience more than others.
    -Im a ret, I can't go invis either
    -You cant dispel stun, but you sure as hell can reflect mine.
    -Colossus Smash reduces armor
    -Charge is better than running up to them.
    -Not all Defensive CD's for warriors require a shield. Rallying cry doesn't need one I dont think, though I could be wrong.

Cry more about your arms warrior, plz. That feeds me.
    Last edited by Xl House lX; 2012-10-11 at 12:00 AM.
    Call me House.

Youre an idiot. I did mention WoG for pallies. I mentioned sacrifices as utility. Mana burn a pally, FoL... wait, everything that costs mana is useless. :/ Judgment does restore mana but... it would suck if you really need to cast FoL but you couldn't cause youve been pressured by a mana burning priest.

Never mentioned Warriors breaking poly. I said they could break fears, and if Im right like I think I am, I believe they can also break Saps?

The only thing you really burned me on was the hand of sacrifice for a blind/poly break. I didn't think of that when I wrote my post[COLOR="red"]
    I said lol manaburn because THERE IS NO MANA BURN ANYMORE. Holy shit man, complaining about things not even in the game.

You mentioned WoG as a "self-heal". Rets bring so much off-healing and utility for teammates that really cant be overlooked comparing to warriors have absolutely 0 self-healing let alone any healing till 35% health.

Regardless your list is biased. And yes warriors are overpowered. When they (and hunters) get nerfed all the rets and dks will be dominant again, dont worry.

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Regardless your list is biased. And yes warriors are overpowered. When they (and hunters) get nerfed all the rets and dks will be dominant again, dont worry.
    People just can't seem to wrap their heads around the fact that Blizzard ENJOYS doing this to warriors. Where they make us broken as fuck and then take things away one by one until FINALLY they address the real issue with the class but by then we're just a hollow shell of what we used to be.

Don't worry folks, you'll have your last laugh by next season when warriors will be mediocre at best and then in the final season when we'll have nothing left.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    People just can't seem to wrap their heads around the fact that Blizzard ENJOYS doing this to warriors. Where they make us broken as fuck and then take things away one by one until FINALLY they address the real issue with the class but by then we're just a hollow shell of what we used to be.

Don't worry folks, you'll have your last laugh by next season when warriors will be mediocre at best and then in the final season when we'll have nothing left.

funny. i remember warriors being strong through all of vanilla. through all of BC, they were kinda crappy in S5, but got progressively better until you got the stupidity of armorpen heros in S8.

the over tuned for a season, then nerfed to oblivion thing only happened in cata.
    its funny how short warrior memories are.

i think they could stand to be average like rets for another season at least.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    funny. i remember warriors being strong through all of vanilla. through all of BC, they were kinda crappy in S5, but got progressively better until you got the stupidity of armorpen heros in S8.

the over tuned for a season, then nerfed to oblivion thing only happened in cata.
    its funny how short warrior memories are.

i think they could stand to be average like rets for another season at least.
    Funny how you don't realize I'm talking about cataclysm. Warriors being reliant on partners has been the status-quo since vanilla though. It still is. We'll just have to wait until the nerfs to see this more clearly.

Anyways, all this bitching by rets is really annoying. Rets haven't been "mediocre" since s5. In fact, they've been rank 1 viable every single season since then...unlike warriors. Rets are STILL powerhouses that make for exceptional additions to any skilled 3v3, 5v5 or rbg comp. I'm not going to pull the "oh we were weak last season so we should be OP now" card cause that's complete bs. Warriors NEED to be toned down. No one in their right mind would deny this. Just get it through your thick skulls that neither dks nor rets are weak in any regard.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I remember the old pvp days, warriors with unstoppable force, knockback+charge combo, they were gods. Too many years of wow, probably all classes has been in the spotligh in some moment.

My experience as a warrior ends with a lvl 33 alt ^^! So I can't say what is wrong, but definetly something has to be toned down. Warrios haven't the amount of tricks of rogues and mages, so seems ok to let warriors have more power than previous expansions, but right now it's too much, tooooo much.

Warriors right now are ridiculous. They have close to 100% uptime on targets, the only way to kite them is to be 30+ yds from them and we all know that is not realistic. Their damage is still as strong as it has always been and Second Wind is very, very strong to put it mildly.

Sry warriors nerf bat is coming.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    you are kidding me right?

warriors have had a total of three, count them, THREE, bad seasons. EVER. they've had about as many BAD seasons as ret paladins have had GOOD seasons.

in BC the only way i could beat WLD was if their druid was a brain dead retard and couldn't get their warrior out of snares or i could abuse the Z axis. in wolk i spent the entire match kiting because if i let a warrior get near me he would bladestorm on my face and either, I, or my pet would DIE. If at any time during S9 i was thrown down, i would DIE.

i'm happy warriors are optimal in 3v3 again, but i am getting sick to death or all these warriors chest beating about great it is to be good in pvp when they forget their long and illustrious history of success in arena.

just because you've had a few bad seasons doesn't entitle you to be mongo for the next one. by that reasoning enhance shamans have about 10 seasons worth of OP saved up.
    QFT, especially the last sentence, our time in the limelight is way overdue.

Deleted
    long story
    If your hammer only crits for 45-50k with all cooldown popped then you are green geared. Hammer goes easily to 80k+ with full cooldowns and are you still able 2 spam it during wings?