interupts qq rage quit omg crap game etc.

Just venting a little, i play a shadow/disc priest.

How is it that everytime i play shadow in some (most) bgs i can only as much hop around and cast swain on targets (imba dmg ...) because as soon as they see me all the dks, ret paladins and warriors have to do is either stun, knockdown, pul, interupt, interupt interupt... as soon as i hit mindblast iam locked, and i cant make a smart use of fear x2, fade or the stealth crap since bgs are a clusterfudge of people hacking away.

Not to mention, warriors hunters and rets ravaging my pw:shield and raping me with weakened soul.

Seriously, isn`t there too manny interupts in this game? couldn`t we just make due with your standard kick pummel ..

Deleted
    Hmm i have a huge feeling that the problem is you at the moment. Shadow priests are so strong at the moment that i dont know what to say. if you get locked on shadow then heal yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Sähäri View Post
    Hmm i have a huge feeling that the problem is you at the moment. Shadow priests are so strong at the moment that i dont know what to say. if you get locked on shadow then heal yourself
    losing the dmg reduction would make the hp go down even faster since flash heal heals for 15% less, specially when compared to other healers

I'm not really one to call people out, but you really shouldn't be having to much trouble right now as a shadow priest. It's arguably the best spec in the game. Sure, if you get several melee on you at once you'll be shut down, but that goes for anything (besides maybe a mage.) I'd say it's probably just a matter of positioning problems. Orient yourself around your team, attack from the back, stay near healers, etc. Don't make it easy to target you. After all, battlegrounds are group fights. If you wander alone or way out in front as a caster, chances are you're going to get zerged. As for disc, I can't comment on that. I don't heal, but from all I've seen priests are probably the worst healers at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I'm not really one to call people out, but you really shouldn't be having to much trouble right now as a shadow priest. It's arguably the best spec in the game. Sure, if you get several melee on you at once you'll be shut down, but that goes for anything (besides maybe a mage.) I'd say it's probably just a matter of positioning problems. Orient yourself around your team, attack from the back, stay near healers, etc. Don't make it easy to target you. After all, battlegrounds are group fights. If you wander alone or way out in front as a caster, chances are you're going to get zerged. As for disc, I can't comment on that. I don't heal, but from all I've seen priests are probably the worst healers at the moment.
    As far as discs go i had to play shadow for a bit now cause it is a tad ridiculous.
    But you must be right, it has to be something related to positioning, or me ramboing into 2/3 dudes because i was so used to being op pre MOp..
    But then again i see warlocks and mages and elemental shamans just running landing off insta spells that land so bloody hard i get jealous, kinda wanted to have something like that ^^;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banyentertainment View Post
    i had to play shadow for a bit now cause it is a tad ridiculous.
    Yeah, just a tad

Quote Originally Posted by banyentertainment View Post
    As far as discs go i had to play shadow for a bit now cause it is a tad ridiculous.
    But you must be right, it has to be something related to positioning, or me ramboing into 2/3 dudes because i was so used to being op pre MOp..
    But then again i see warlocks and mages and elemental shamans just running landing off insta spells that land so bloody hard i get jealous, kinda wanted to have something like that ^^;
    Well, mages are mages haha. I wouldn't use them as a balance reference. As for warlocks, sure they have a lot of instant spells and a few hard hitting nukes as destro, but they're incredibly easy to shut down and kill. Pretty much anything can solo a warlock, and it's been that way since the start of Cata. But yeah, just pay attention to your positioning and you'll see improvement right away. It's a ranged class, after all. Abuse it!

You need to spec instant Mind Blast and instant Mind Spike talents, and get Mind Spike Glyphed for BGs or yes you won't do anything as spriest against a team with some degree of spatial awareness.

With those talents its not too bad, if you have someone sat on you you have to use fears and psyfiend or tendrils to get them off you, and cast what you need to in the time you have distance from them. You can go back to spamming instants and instant procs when they are on you again.

In general though yes there are too many interrupts in game right now in my opinion, but healing getting a bit carried away has necessitated it, I'd sooner see a much larger blanket nerf on healing in pvp and many of the cc/interrupts removed to be honest, but that isn't likely until the next expansion sadly.