10+ Year Old Account

How is Xuen for Brewmasters?

I have Xuen on my WW spec, but I went with the Rushing Jade Wind for my BrM. I don't really need it as a BrM because I already have tons of AoE, so I want something to add DPS for boss fights.

Does Xuen taunt boss mobs as well, or just trash?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Xuen taunts heroic dungeon bosses, which is annoying unless you want it to take agro as an extra defensive CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Xuen taunts heroic dungeon bosses, which is annoying unless you want it to take agro as an extra defensive CD.
    DPS cooldown in raids (questionable usefulness, but you're not going to be using Chi Torpedo and RJW is nice, but not all that important), and an Army of the Dead equivalent in heroic dungeons.

Note that the heroic dungeons part does matter now, with the advent of Challenge Modes. Not everything has to be raid-worthy to be useful.

It doesn't cost Chi, which makes it tops in my book!

Deleted
    Xuen will taunt 1 single mob and keep it on him untill he dies or fades. However its use is somewhat lackluster. Even things like heroic bosses will kill Xuen in 2-3 hits if he doesnt dodge so i wouldnt count on it being up for more than 1-2 hits in raids. RJW is the go-to spell, it provides you with a sick aoe spell but it also does more damage than blackout kick and also provides shuffle. So thats my pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendral View Post
    so i wouldnt count on it being up for more than 1-2 hits in raids.
    Xuen doesnt taunt raidbosses...

Dungeons he CAN be annoying, other than that he's a huge DPS increase. So I would say if you want some DPS for a burn boss get him. I've been using him alot, took a break and picked up Chi Torpedo and Celerity, and it's the most fun i've had in a while. spinning around in all directions, healing and damaging is very entertaining . If you're looking for a raw DPS for raids pick Xuen; his damage is absolutely insane, Chi Torpedo and RJW are both viable. This all coming from a brewmaster perspective.
    Nerdrage-15 Minute Cooldown. You enter a berserker rage, increasing typing speed by 75%, chance to hit CAPS LOCK by 50% and decreasing chance to get laid by 100%. You feel no pity or remorse and can not be stopped unless banned.

15+ Year Old Account
    I used him yesterday for our stone guard heroic kill. I am the one tanking 2 stone guards and he does an insane amount of dps. I had around 250k DPS on that fight, and Xuen was about 24% of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    I used him yesterday for our stone guard heroic kill. I am the one tanking 2 stone guards and he does an insane amount of dps. I had around 250k DPS on that fight, and Xuen was about 24% of that.
    So your Xuen increased your overall fight dps by about 60k? Wtb logs. o.O

For me, since I'm still running 5-mans quite a bit, RJW beats out Xuen. RJW proccing Shuffle, as well as increasing the dmg of SCK is pretty valuable in 5-mans. That being said, I think Xuen wins for raids. Luckily, with talents so easily swappable, it shouldn't be hard to swap these two around depending on your needs.

Deleted
    I love Xuen. He can taunt heroic bosses for the damage reduction, i've done bosses where I've taken little to no damage at all because of him.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had an issue with Xuen on stone guards.. i usually use him for the amazing dps increase.. however i noticed that when my co-tank taunted one of the guardians away from me, Xuen would have nothing to do with that and quickly taunted back.. causing all 3 bosses to gain energy and basically messed up that whole attempt.
    Afterwards i spoke with my co-tank and he told me that when i was tanked just the one add, Xuen would sometimes pounce to his side of the room and taunt one of his adds, just became a PITA.. so swapped out with RJW.

Personally I'd like to see a minor glyph to make him not taunt bosses, I want his extra damage but not getting vengeance when I have a good healer nerfs my dps too much :-p.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    Xuen doesnt taunt raidbosses...
    It doesn't taunt them but if it happens to go on your second mob that your tanking and it hits hard enough it can actually pull aggro off you meaning it can hold the boss for a bit. It did this mulitple time for me when tanking heroic stone guard and tanking two of the dogs..

Also we was seeing the different phases for heroic feng tonight so the fights didn't last very long only really long enough for the phase to end or us to wipe... but only one of the fights where i tanked for a while on shield phase so had a lot of stacks of the debuff my Xuen did nearly 2 million damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Pushii View Post
    I had an issue with Xuen on stone guards.. i usually use him for the amazing dps increase.. however i noticed that when my co-tank taunted one of the guardians away from me, Xuen would have nothing to do with that and quickly taunted back.. causing all 3 bosses to gain energy and basically messed up that whole attempt.
    Afterwards i spoke with my co-tank and he told me that when i was tanked just the one add, Xuen would sometimes pounce to his side of the room and taunt one of his adds, just became a PITA.. so swapped out with RJW.
    Pretty sure this is wrong. I'm almost 100% sure that your off tank just didn't do enough dps to gain aggro over your Xuen seeing as i've done about 50 attempts on heroic and this has never happened to my OT.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love my Xuen. Whenever I run heroic dungeons for the lulz and 240k dps in there I love him. He basically tanks the entire boss fight and barely dies, hes amazing. I can just sit back and I don't even have to worry about dps out threating him.

I did notice the Stone Guard issue where he would randomly taunt a dog for some odd reason, but that was only once and never happened again. He's really nice to have on tight enrage bosses like Gar'jal, etc.

I want something to add DPS for boss fights.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurhlag View Post
    Pretty sure this is wrong. I'm almost 100% sure that your off tank just didn't do enough dps to gain aggro over your Xuen seeing as i've done about 50 attempts on heroic and this has never happened to my OT.
    Yeah, after looking over the logs some more, i can see how this might happen. He does an insane amount of damage and if your co-tank isn't ready for it, Xuen could end up tanking a raid boss. Meh, i'll just tell him to man up and hit stuff harder lol.

Is it just me or does he seem to not taunt bosses in heroics now? Threw him up on a few heroic bosses last night and he just sat there and dps'd.