Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Invested 55k in my first deck, sold it like a dumbass for 74k before Faire, made second for 42k, got 82k after AH cuts from the trinket itself. Patience pays off, I think I am good on gold for a good while. Hint : sell decks, not individual cards, unless you can't find someone to trade with and need gold asap to finish a deck.

Waiting to see if and when the ink trader is implemented. I personally don't see the need to buy Starlight Ink, Mists high level crafting is supposed to be more risky after all.

That being said, I do think other profs suck for gold, a lot. I have spent upwards of 30k power leveling JC and getting cuts and haven't even gotten a third of my gold back, between focusing on Inscr and stupid low gem prices/ profit margins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Inscription allows one to make an entire expansion's worth of cash in just two (2) months through the sale of cards/trinkets.

One can make 160k in the space of thirty minutes without even using the Auction House. They do that just by spamming the trade channel offering the new epic trinkets for sale.

The Inscription level 90 epic trinkets sell for 80k apiece.

In comparison, an enchanter makes about 60 k PER BLOODY MONTH FFS, and in order to do that they need to spend hours each day in front of the AH interface, do literally THOUSANDS of 1 silver undercuts, run THOUSANDS of times from the auctioneer to the bloody mailbox and back, not to mention the amount of disenchanting and buying of materials one has to make.

A Scribe does NOT have to bother with the AH, does not have to spend hours in front of the AH, does not even have to deal with undercuts and stuff. They just produce their cards, bind them together, and sell them for 80k within seconds ater having spammed the Trade Chat.

They really need to nerf Inscription to bring it in line with other professions' gold making potential, making an entire expansion's worth of cash in just 2 months is just plain wrong, not to mention it's just ridiculous.

EDIT: Our 24 hours CD as enchanters is not even worth to use, as a Sha Crystal costs less at the AH than what the mats needed to produce it do.

And how many inscribers you know that have 10+ decks in their bags? You do know that you can make 1card/day so if you are lucky, really lucky you get one deck every 8 days.
    You do also realize that in order to make one card you have to herb/buy and mill over 20 stacks of herbs.
    You also realize that to sell deck for 70K it take few hours of spaming trade and explaining ppl that the price you are asking ( i sold 2 deck for 70K each ) also takes time.
    You also realize that it took me about 20 hours playtime to lvl 6 inscribers and some 30K gold from 0-600 in order to make enough cards so i can have decent chance to get a deck before DMF goes live.
    You also do realize that i spend about 4 hours a day flying around picking up flowers ( and i need about 140-160 stacks/day ) then i takes me another 30-45min milling them and then another 60+ min to create inks each day in order to make a stupid card.
    In wotlk i made more then 1.5mill gold with one inscriber and buying herbs from trade in less then 2 months, and im not counting that i gave about 20 decks to friends 100K to guild for raids and stuff. And so far i made 2 decks and i have a hell lot of cards that i cant sell. So to sum up, i spent more then 200 hours play time, invested some 30-35K in it and sold 2 decks for a total of 140K ( 110K if you take of investment to lvl up inscription ). So 500g/hour is good? Yes I admit, i have some 45cards in bank but i will never sell them...
    Last edited by markos82; 2012-10-10 at 01:55 PM.

So... OP is angry because his previously chosen overpowered profession is not the most overpowered profession for the first 2 weeks of the expac?

That about right?

In comparison, an enchanter makes about 60 k PER BLOODY MONTH FFS, and in order to do that they need to spend hours each day in front of the AH interface, do literally THOUSANDS of 1 silver undercuts, run THOUSANDS of times from the auctioneer to the bloody mailbox and back, not to mention the amount of disenchanting and buying of materials one has to make.
    60k a month? ROFL doing it wrong. I was making 12-20k a NIGHT with enchanting at one point during Cata and I wasnt even selling enchants just the mats.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    60k a month? ROFL doing it wrong. I was making 12-20k a NIGHT with enchanting at one point during Cata and I wasnt even selling enchants just the mats.
    And im making 10k per card i make.

1000g per shoulder enchant.

150g per pet.

200g per glyph.

Whats your point?

EDIT: My guildmaster, who has been spending all of his play time in dungeons and levelling his alts, has made I think around 380k so far from inscription, which will allow him to play for FREE for fourteen (14) months, and he will still have 30,000 gold for pocket change. Needless to say that my GM won't even need to touch the AH for the next 14 months or so.
    First of all, did you just tell us that your GM sells his wow gold for game time? Not too smart on a public forum with your in game name. And secondly, I almost never do this but.. seriously stop crying.

No one is stopping you from dropping your oh-so-terrible enchanting profession to get awesome-sauce inscription. Seriously, go get it.. you can you know? Alright fine maybe you don't want to for whatever reason.. guess what.. you can still make money off Darkmoon cards! What?? But you're an enchanter you say, oh I know.. just BUY 10 starlight inks and offer to pay a scribe to use his scroll. It works. Bam now you got your very own Darkmoon card! Keep doing that for a while, make sure to also keep an eye on trade chat. If someone is trading card A for card B, and card B sells for less on the AH, go buy it and trade them. That also works.

I went from 20k to over 200k from Darkmoon Cards and guess how many cards my character actually crafted? 6.. yep you got it right 6 whole cards.. but how did I make so much gold from only 6 cards? Well that's the craziest part, I actually played the AH, bought up cheap cards and reposted them at a higher price, watched trade chat for profitable trades, paid scribes 2k gold to use their scrolls and still made great profits selling the cards. I could have done literally everything I just described to you as an enchanter. Don't limit yourself and don't call nerfs on a profession just because you don't *get* how people are really making all their money. Do research, read gold-making forums, and actually put some effort in and you too can make money in WoW!
    Why do people with closed minds always have open mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    And im making 10k per card i make.

1000g per shoulder enchant.

150g per pet.

200g per glyph.

Whats your point?
    You're either inflating those prices or your server pop must be dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Invested 55k in my first deck, sold it like a dumbass for 74k before Faire, made second for 42k, got 82k after AH cuts from the trinket itself. Patience pays off, I think I am good on gold for a good while. Hint : sell decks, not individual cards, unless you can't find someone to trade with and need gold asap to finish a deck.

Waiting to see if and when the ink trader is implemented. I personally don't see the need to buy Starlight Ink, Mists high level crafting is supposed to be more risky after all.

That being said, I do think other profs suck for gold, a lot. I have spent upwards of 30k power leveling JC and getting cuts and haven't even gotten a third of my gold back, between focusing on Inscr and stupid low gem prices/ profit margins.
    I agree. JC is almost worthless as a prof, except if you have an Alchemist and you transmute your own meta gems.

This because:

1. Everyone and their mother have got JC's thus dropping prices to the point of making gems worthless, and
    2. Gear has got a lot less sockets than in previous expansions. Some Blue and all green gear have no sockets at all. There are even epic pieces with no sockets at all.

To change the subject, the glyph market is ruined and there is some very aggressive undercut in it making not worth to play unless you have the whole day at your disposal and you can afford to do dozens of undercuts per hour per item.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

I agree. JC is almost worthless as a prof, except if you have an Alchemist and you transmute your own meta gems.

This because:

1. Everyone and their mother have got JC's thus dropping prices to the point of making gems worthless, and
    2. Gear has got a lot less sockets than in previous expansions. Some Blue and all green gear have no sockets at all. There are even epic pieces with no sockets at all.

To change the subject, the glyph market is ruined and there is some very aggressive undercut in it making not worth to play unless you have the whole day at your disposal and you can afford to do dozens of undercuts per hour per item.
    You are forgetting one important thing. As time goes by trinkets made with inscription will be useless in the next 2 month or when the new expansion comes, gems will be used for the next 20 months or so and if you cant make gold with JC you are doing something wrong.....

Wish I could be here in 3-4 months when the OP shows back up saying "OMFG INSCRIPTION IS WORTHLESS!!!! I'm LEVELING A ******* NOW!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Once people start to get some purples through either Raiding or VP, they won't spend 70k on a upgrade as easily as they do now. Even though the trinkets might be BiS for a while, prices will plummet rapidly since noone aside from the hardest of hardcore raiders will spend that kind of gold while they might as well wait for that free trinket to drop in raid(finder).

Inscription is one of the best goldmaking professions to have at the beginning of an expansion. Always has been. Scribes rely on the first few weeks of the expansion to make tons of gold. But once people got their gear and their glyphs, all they need from a scribe is the occasional shoulder enchant. Whereas professions like Enchanting and Jewelcrafting become more profitable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    The most nerfed class in WoW is <my class>. <my class> seems to get nerfed every damn patch, unlike those <other class> that get buffed and still want more!

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    No kidding. I'm lucky on our server to sell a card for 3K. I got lucky and made a more rare one the first time, that went for 20k the first week. Since then I've basically been giving them away. And as 'random' as it is supposed to be. I made the same 2 of Oxen 4 times before they buffed the trinket. Talk about a waste. I think they sold for less than 1k a piece.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you prepare for expansions, it pays off. I have six scibes, I've made a few decks already, sold one for 75k.

Also, inscription is not worthless after the first tier. I made 5 million last xpac, most from glyphs and decks. I sold a deck at patch 4.3 for 15k. You just need to know what you are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    You are forgetting one important thing. As time goes by trinkets made with inscription will be useless in the next 2 month or when the new expansion comes, gems will be used for the next 20 months or so and if you cant make gold with JC you are doing something wrong.....
    At least some of the Darkmoon trinkets will be BiS for several months to come, possibly for more than 6 months even a year.

So long as a Trinket is BiS people will pay tons of cash for it. In fact, as GC himself found out, people would pay a shit tonne of cash for something that gave them even such a small DPS advantage of 0.5 on the spreadsheet, so really I am not worried that the Scribe's profitability will lessen in the next 12 months or so.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Deleted
    It's all server dependent. On my server a inscribes cd goes for 1.5k - 2k gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    Yeah these prices are pretty high. Must not be very much server competition.

At least some of the Darkmoon trinkets will be BiS for several months to come, possibly for more than 6 months even a year.

So long as a Trinket is BiS people will pay tons of cash for it. In fact, as GC himself found out, people would pay a shit tonne of cash for something that gave them even such a small DPS advantage of 0.5 on the spreadsheet, so really I am not worried that the Scribe's profitability will lessen in the next 12 months or so.
    I have 6 inscribers and i can tell that true. When DS came inscription was amazing money maker ( dont get me wrong, it still is ) but one thing we have in MoP that we didnt had at the start of the DS and thats lfr and those cool little charms. NExt week the rest of the bosses will go live and so will new trinkets and weapon so no1 will pay 70K for atrinket. And no those trinkets are good, they are only BiS atm since guild are making progress and this is 2nd week how raids opened....

And it will, just llok at the inscriptions, hell some sell for 50s...

I put a Jade fan on the AH the other day. its the BIS offhand item for warlocks and mages. Nobody bought it at 12k, and someone undercut me to 10k with one a day later, and that one still has no bids.

I made a few darkmoon cards early on. No other cards on the AH, yet nobody is interested in buying my cards. Even massively undercut when i do have competition (2k each) nobody is buying them.

While im sure some people are making money from inscription i sure am not.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post

man on 8 cards you can make 45k profit easily if you sell them individually. in reality the profit margin if you buy and mill fool's cap is closer to 8k per card average, which would end up 60k+ profit

and you'll find more people willing to spend 10k on a card than 80k on a deck.

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 11:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    I put a Jade fan on the AH the other day. its the BIS offhand item for warlocks and mages. Nobody bought it at 12k, and someone undercut me to 10k with one a day later, and that one still has no bids.

I made a few darkmoon cards early on. No other cards on the AH, yet nobody is interested in buying my cards. Even massively undercut when i do have competition (2k each) nobody is buying them.

While im sure some people are making money from inscription i sure am not.
    advertise

i'll mention the card in trade. in 5 mins i'll put it on AH and mention that it's on the AH again. 5 mins later i usually see where someone has bought it

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    inscription will drop fast, while professions like alchemy+JC are evergreen, you just can't compare the profit

btw having all profession maxed except skinning (soon.) i suggest to craft cards for at least 2 more months then switch to something else

...waiting for ink trade fix as i have more than 1500 Inks in my banks, it takes space -.-...