Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Deleted

Solution to dungeon Quitting & Ninjas.

You know what really grinds my gears?

The fact that after seven years of WoW, people can still leave dungeon groups right after they get their item, or ninja items that other people deserve more.

Solution #1 - Quitting Groups

If a group doesn't consist only of you and people from your friend list or guild, then the game will check for the first person to click 'Leave group' within 5 minutes of getting a superior or epic item and before the dungeon has finished. That person will lose the item he just looted as he quits the group.

In addition to this, if a a player finishes an entire dungeon (since his or her time of joining the group), then that player receive a 10% chance of receiving a final bonus item appropriate to their class and specc, randomly selected from all current level dungeons. After a second dungeon, this will increase to 20%, and so on, until you're at 100% at which point you'll receive an epic item. This buff should have a 24 hour cooldown, so then you'll have to start working on it again, and perhaps it should also reset once you receive an epic item.

Solution #2 - Ninjas

When Blizzard level designers create a new dungeon, each item they implement as loot should be categorised as appropriate for agility users, tanks, dmg casters, and so on. As soon as an item drops from a boss, only people who can genuinely benefit from it will be allowed to roll. Once they've all selected greed or turned down the roll, anyone else may roll as well.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by mmocf747bdc2eb; 2012-10-11 at 01:37 PM.

I think a 10% chance of getting a nice item if you finish a dungeon is good.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Solution #1 sounds as a good plan, the penalty could be discussed for sure. Not sure you should get a reward just because you finnish the dungeon though. It should be mandatory, if you leave (not if you dc i guess) then banned for say 5 hours and indeed remove looted items.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    If a group doesn't consist only of you and people from your friend list or guild, then the game will check for the first person to click 'Leave group' within 5 minutes of getting a superior or epic item and before the dungeon has finished. That person will lose the item he just looted as he quits the group.
    This does nothing against people who leave instantly because they don't like the instance/group or just wanted to turn in a quest, or their loot didn't drop/they lost the roll, etc. I'm not even sure there should be a punishment for this. If they want to leave, let them leave.

Ninjaing: afaik it's not possible in LFR. In LFD: who the hell cares, really?

I think these ideas are interesting, however with the ninjas I also wish people who already owns an item (have it in their bank or in their bags) will be unable to roll need on the item again

First suggestion is stupid as hell. Who cares if they leave after they get their item? They did just as much work as you on the boss to get the chance at it.

The second one is what they should have been doing all along, since it's ridiculous for specs to be able to roll on anything but what their spec needs.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

#1 Grinding dungeons for gear takes time, I don't want it to take any longer than necessary, so I quit when I do/don't get something I'm chasing. I don't find 30 VP enough incentive to stay, I do my random for 60 daily but won't finish any others unless I need something off the last boss. They need a better end reward to justify time spent, random item is not worth it.

As far as the timer goes it wont work for forcing people to stay. They'll just afk for 5 minutes or until they're kicked, or just log off until they're kicked. Can't make people stay where they don't want to be.

10 dungeons for an epic is massively unfair, might as well just tell everyone with a real job to go fuck themselves because they'll have no chance of competing with the people who can grind 10+ dungeons a day.

#2 They could just implement the system they already have for LFR.
    Last edited by Windfury; 2012-10-11 at 01:48 PM.

Why not implement the LFR rules into LFD? Wouldn't that be easier?

Well you cant stop people from leaving the group when the group finishes killing a boss regardless of if they got what they wanted or not, even with the carrot of an additional chance at an item later. Last night a guy quit scholomance after the first boss because he did not get his 2hander, in his mind he thought it was more efficient to quit now and go do something else than stick around for the justice and valor points. If a player is not willing to stick around for valor then will loot really change anything?

Forunately the guy was dps and quickly replaced.

As far as ninja goes, it would be nice if Blizz put a little more attention to which classes and specs can need on something. On that first Scholomance boss a plate item dropped and it was allowing my warlock to need on it, naturally I passed since I can't wear plate but I shouldnt be allowed as a warlock to need on plate gear. However a healer trinket dropped and I needed on it, it was +847 int and gave bonus haste when casting a healing spell and as a warlock I have a spell which heals me and I had a trinket slot that gave no bonus to int, just a crit and mastery bonus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    This does nothing against people who leave instantly because they don't like the instance/group or just wanted to turn in a quest, or their loot didn't drop/they lost the roll, etc. I'm not even sure there should be a punishment for this. If they want to leave, let them leave.

Ninjaing: afaik it's not possible in LFR. In LFD: who the hell cares, really?
    Enough said. Sometimes rl issues pop up when in the middle of a dungeon, sometimes you only need something off the first boss...no reason someone should be penalized for freeing up a spot for someone else.
    My Armory
    *The Afflicted*
    **US-Greymane, 25 man 5/16 HM, US top 100**
    ***Recruiting core spots for almost every class for MoP***

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    #1 Grinding dungeons for gear takes time, I don't want it to take any longer than necessary, so I quit when I do/don't get something I'm chasing. I don't find 30 VP enough incentive to stay, I do my random for 60 daily but won't finish any others unless I need something off the last boss. They need a better end reward to justify time spent, random item is not worth it.

As far as the timer goes it wont work for forcing people to stay. They'll just afk for 5 minutes or until they're kicked, or just log off until they're kicked. Can't make people stay where they don't want to be.

10 dungeons for an epic is massively unfair, might as well just tell everyone with a real job to go fuck themselves because they'll have no chance of competing with the people who can grind 10+ dungeons a day.

#2 They could just implement the system they already have for LFR.
    If it takes you all day to run 10 dungeons, then you're doing something wrong. Horribly wrong. Of course, I'm a tank and get insta-queues, so that cuts out a lot of time.

The LFR system is a joke, as I can't even count how many items I lost as a Tank or a Shadow Priest in DS LFR to dps or other people just being assholes, and winning items for their vendor spec... Even as a Boomkin, I was losing pieces to feral/resto Druids constantly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azatos View Post
    Enough said. Sometimes rl issues pop up when in the middle of a dungeon, sometimes you only need something off the first boss...no reason someone should be penalized for freeing up a spot for someone else.
    So you're saying the system should promote ditching people and only working towards selfish purposes? Call me old fashioned, but I think that if you join a dungeon group, then you have to accept responsibility and stay committed until the dungeon is done.

Obviously people can leave if their grandmother has broken her hip, but if that happens who cares about WoW items in the first place? The punishment for leaving is insignificant in such rare scenarios.

And people could still leave with these rules in place, but people who stay actually get rewarded for it. Isn't this a good thing?

I don't like these ideas personally. I leave LFG all the time for various reasons, sometimes I just get my item and suddenly need to go. Why does it matter? I did my job, I did the same amount of work as you to get to that boss, and I was rewarded. I don't want or need anything else, why should I be forced to stay?

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    You are shooting yourself in the foot by constantly spending 10 minutes in a dungeon and leaving before valor rewards, yes its a little but eventually a little adds up. If you take a cup on a hike and every mile someone gives you a squirt of water then by the end of the hike you have a cup full of water to drink but the person who said, "Don't even bother, its not enough for me." gets to the end and wonders why they have an empty cup and the first person has a full cup. You also get 35 justice per boss, which is 105-175 justice per dungeon which could be spent on heirloom gear, justice gear (to fill in ilevel temporarily) or buy mats with that you could sell for gold. Justice gear is better than it was a week ago and is only useless if you have full heroic gear or better.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerofpope View Post
    If it takes you all day to run 10 dungeons, then you're doing something wrong. Horribly wrong. Of course, I'm a tank and get insta-queues, so that cuts out a lot of time.

The LFR system is a joke, as I can't even count how many items I lost as a Tank or a Shadow Priest in DS LFR to dps or other people just being assholes, and winning items for their vendor spec... Even as a Boomkin, I was losing pieces to feral/resto Druids constantly.
    Dps easily have 30-60 minute que times
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

The old and now irrelevant LFR system was a joke, as I can't even count how many items I lost as a Tank or a Shadow Priest in DS LFR to dps or other people just being assholes, and winning items for their vendor spec... Even as a Boomkin, I was losing pieces to feral/resto Druids constantly.
    Fixed this for you!

People don't tend to quit once they get their item. It's always when they don't get it that they wordlessly vanish from your group.

Thats the old LFR loot system, now instead of everyone rolling for 4 pieces of loot everyone gets an individual roll and if you roll properly you get an item based on your spec and class. Essentially if everyone rolled perfectly then everyone would get loot that they needed.

Considering that the LFR loot system only has you rolling against yourself....how did you lose gear to others? Or did you stop running LFR before they changed the loot system?

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Dps easily have 30-60 minute que times
    In the first week yes, but typically LFR dps takes 12-20 minutes.