Page 7 of 131 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    DoC is better for stone guards and will of the emperors. HoTW is better for Feng, Garajal, and Elegon.

On normal Spirit kings, HoTW is better, but I'm unsure of which is best on heroic since ~15% of the time you have 2 mobs at once.

Also, HOTW hurricane on heroic Feng in shield phase is pretty funny. The cooldown and transition time for our guild's kill didn't match up well, but I'm sure I could've pulled 110k, or at least 105k dps on Feng if stuff lined up perfectly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    DoC is better for stone guards and will of the emperors. HoTW is better for Feng, Garajal, and Elegon.

On normal Spirit kings, HoTW is better, but I'm unsure of which is best on heroic since ~15% of the time you have 2 mobs at once.

Also, HOTW hurricane on heroic Feng in shield phase is pretty funny. The cooldown and transition time for our guild's kill didn't match up well, but I'm sure I could've pulled 110k, or at least 105k dps on Feng if stuff lined up perfectly.
    Seems good, although I was lingering around a question after browsing through the WoL data.

Is it worth reforging to haste just for HotW or better to keep as mastery for the suntanned damage throughout the rest of the fight?. Looking at a lot of ferals in WoL data, it seems to be a split half way...some have reforged everything into mastery, some have done same with haste.

You could reforge from fight to fight, but to be honest, that's just messy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    Seems good, although I was lingering around a question after browsing through the WoL data.

Is it worth reforging to haste just for HotW or better to keep as mastery for the suntanned damage throughout the rest of the fight?. Looking at a lot of ferals in WoL data, it seems to be a split half way...some have reforged everything into mastery, some have done same with haste.

You could reforge from fight to fight, but to be honest, that's just messy.
    It is best to reforge Haste as primary if you'r going to use HotW, I do not know the dps diffrence for keeping a mastery built in HotW or going with haste reforges, Personally i've 2 stacks of Haste/Agiltiy and Mastery/Agility and a quite much spare gold for reforge :-)

Say you are going with HotW, do you need a caster weap or should we stick with the weapon we are using for kitty dps?
    My DH:Qrky

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moople View Post
    Say you are going with HotW, do you need a caster weap or should we stick with the weapon we are using for kitty dps?
    A casters weapon without a doubt the damage difference is large.

Deleted
    this will be quite interesting when i try and roll on a caster staff :P

I was top DPS on our HC Feng the Accursed kill pulling about 90k dps (logs are still private) think its the first time since i've been playing feral that i've ever topped the dps meeter on a first kill.

Really hope they don't nerf us, this is a really fun way to play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oak-qt View Post
    this will be quite interesting when i try and roll on a caster staff :P

I was top DPS on our HC Feng the Accursed kill pulling about 90k dps (logs are still private) think its the first time since i've been playing feral that i've ever topped the dps meeter on a first kill.

Really hope they don't nerf us, this is a really fun way to play.
    Honestly I don't really like it. Sure it does crazy numbers and such but it makes me feel my whole spec is now based around 1 talent and the rest of my gear is just there for looks. Rotation beyond HotW is mind numbly boring and what use is gear upgrades when all we really need is a caster staff.

I really hope they do nerf it, I was doing my DoC rotation quiet well and enjoying it until I heard about these ludicrous numbers from HotW. Kinda forces you to roll HotW for certain bosses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    Honestly I don't really like it. Sure it does crazy numbers and such but it makes me feel my whole spec is now based around 1 talent and the rest of my gear is just there for looks. Rotation beyond HotW is mind numbly boring and what use is gear upgrades when all we really need is a caster staff.

I really hope they do nerf it, I was doing my DoC rotation quiet well and enjoying it until I heard about these ludicrous numbers from HotW. Kinda forces you to roll HotW for certain bosses.
    I like not having DoC as the MUST HAVE TALENT, yeah its better for some bosses where you have to move a lot (dancing on wote) but being able to be a true hybrid for 45 seconds is great fun, and yeah most of the dmg comes from that but you still sustain your dmg with bleeds and normal melee when not spamming wrath, not to mention having berserk for aoe on ads phase is still pretty good for swipe spam.

Guess its just me that enjoy standing with the casters for 45 seconds and then running in :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oak-qt View Post
    I like not having DoC as the MUST HAVE TALENT, yeah its better for some bosses where you have to move a lot (dancing on wote) but being able to be a true hybrid for 45 seconds is great fun, and yeah most of the dmg comes from that but you still sustain your dmg with bleeds and normal melee when not spamming wrath, not to mention having berserk for aoe on ads phase is still pretty good for swipe spam.

Guess its just me that enjoy standing with the casters for 45 seconds and then running in :P
    Don't get me wrong, spamming 200-500k wrath hits is fun, but it adds so much crap to the spec. Building macros to make it change weapon, having to reforge on a fight-to-fight basis to get best possible dps, feral's not rolling on caster staffs MS? It all just feels...wrong.

Oak, do you pop HoTW in the beginning of the fight before berserk? I know on Feng you save it for the add phase, cause the damage there is amazing, but what about other fights? Do you pop it ASAP so you can maybe get 2 HOTW's in?

Deleted
    On HC we BL at the start, so i use it at the start when BL is up and then its up again for the end of the fight. I saved beserk for the ads phase to swipe spam them down.

Deleted
    A hint since i heard adds, HotW+Hurricane is even sicker then HotW+Wrath comparing it to normal AoE and normal Single target :-)

I agree with Razor, I'm doing great with DoC, but now I'm reading of these ridiculous numbers being pulled with HotW. I'm not against those big numbers at all, I just don't like casting wrath as a kitty. I'll suck it up and deal though, I've been running heroics for a staff with a stacked group and I have yet to see anything in terms of a caster staff drop.

Thanks all for the help, I'll defiantly be frequenting this thread more often now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moople View Post
    I agree with Razor, I'm doing great with DoC, but now I'm reading of these ridiculous numbers being pulled with HotW. I'm not against those big numbers at all, I just don't like casting wrath as a kitty. I'll suck it up and deal though, I've been running heroics for a staff with a stacked group and I have yet to see anything in terms of a caster staff drop.

Thanks all for the help, I'll defiantly be frequenting this thread more often now.
    Just buy a cheap caster staff from AH until you get a better one. Difference between my ilvl 420ish caster staff, that cost 50g from AH between the 463 one i got is about 30k per wrath, but even the cheap green one was pulling some seriously big numbers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    A hint since i heard adds, HotW+Hurricane is even sicker then HotW+Wrath comparing it to normal AoE and normal Single target :-)
    Not if you have a chance to use Hotw twice as apposed to just saving it for the middle aoe phase. not to mention the adds were going down super fast anyway.

If the post on the front page is any indication, I'd say we're getting buffed, not nerfed.

As per Post:
    *Mangle now does 500% normal damage plus 78, up from 400% normal damage plus 62.
    *Rake damage reduced by 15%.
    *Ravage! now does 950% weapon damage, up from 750%.
    *Symbiosis now has a 2 sec cast time, down from 6 sec.
    *Wrath damage and SP scaling increased by 9%.

And
    *Shred the target, causing 400% damage plus 62 now 500% damage plus 78 to the target and reducing the target's movement speed by 50% for 12 sec.

Seems like rake got a bit of a nerf but one would think the other gains more then make up for it. With such a drastic change to Ravage, could this make Incarnation more favorable?

All of those datamined changes have already been implemented, so they don't mean anything. The symbiosis change is probably new though.

Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    I know i was uploading a simulation result where the stats was upside down. I made a lot of different simulations vary fight length, stats, raidbuffs etc. And the only difference in our results where that i often had Mastery in lowest priority where you had Hit and Expertise in lowest priority.
    I do still recommend everyone to get the exact results for their character to run the simulations what stat scaling and go from there.
    Priority isn't the only thing that is important, the gap between your highest and lowest stat is very very different than the sims I've done, and wrath is also a significantly smaller portion of your damage.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FeralSynapse View Post
    If the post on the front page is any indication, I'd say we're getting buffed, not nerfed.

As per Post:
    *Mangle now does 500% normal damage plus 78, up from 400% normal damage plus 62.
    *Rake damage reduced by 15%.
    *Ravage! now does 950% weapon damage, up from 750%.
    *Symbiosis now has a 2 sec cast time, down from 6 sec.
    *Wrath damage and SP scaling increased by 9%.

And
    *Shred the target, causing 400% damage plus 62 now 500% damage plus 78 to the target and reducing the target's movement speed by 50% for 12 sec.

Seems like rake got a bit of a nerf but one would think the other gains more then make up for it. With such a drastic change to Ravage, could this make Incarnation more favorable?

I thought the same about the new possibilies we have with Incarnation.
    If you use berserk and Incarnation and you spam Ravage wich now deals more dmg, would it be better than SotF?
    Its a really huge burst CD

Another question for you Oak. Are you using Symbiosis on a warrior for every fight except Guardians? On which you use it on a lock?

While we aren’t always able to provide advance warning when an ability changes, there’s still some time before this change goes into effect, and we wanted to offer affected players a chance to plan their strategies appropriately in the meantime.

The following changes are currently planned for retuning the Druid talent, Heart of the Wild:

The spell damage bonus that Heart of the Wild provides to Feral and Guardian Druids will soon be reduced from +500% to +320%.
    The agility bonus that Heart of the Wild provides to Balance, Restoration, and Guardian Druids in Cat Form will soon be changed to +110%. It was previously +50% for Guardian Druids, and +200% for Balance and Restoration Druids.

Currently, the change is expected to go into effect during next Tuesday’s maintenance.
    D: so much for HotW