Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Elegon P3 to P1(b) transition help

Hello all,

We started working on this fight last night. The DPS check seems pretty steep, so we are talking about how to optimize that. But one area of the fight that feels really sloppy to us right now is transitioning from the end of p3 to the beginning of the second p1.

How much time do you have after the last focus is killed before the floor appears, and how much time between the floor appearing and Elegon getting mad and casting deathgrip? I'd say we are getting around 6 to 8 adds total - is that more than we should have or typical? Do you guys just have the main trank rush the Elegon and begin tanking even while the adds are still on him? The damage seems outrageous. Any positioning tips or strategy suggestions to make this transition efficient?

Thank you !!
    Ashin, Stormreaver
    South of Heaven

I'd also love it if someone who downed it can comment on this. The only problem we have is the add phase. The damage seems way out of control and aggro on them seems a bit wonky. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! BTW, my guild is 25man, not sure what the OP's guild is.

Deleted
    We just stun and kite them a bit, never seemed to have any problems with them. They die pretty fast. We have our Main Tank rushing to Elegon as soon as the floor is up, even if he has adds still on him, just slow/stun them and they're not a problem.

Deleted
    Kill all the pylons at the same time.

Nuke the bloody adds. People that got aggro kite them. Use AoE stuns, roots, etc, whatever.

1 tank ( pref warrior or dk that can slow ) focus on picking up the adds and kiting them.
    The other tank just take a couple of adds and the boss, pull your 50% damage cooldown and shit.
    This is the phase for tank cooldowns basically.

Can they be rooted or just stunned?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justanoob View Post
    Can they be rooted or just stunned?
    Did not test many roots, but mages can freeze them in place atleast.

Quote Originally Posted by ashin View Post
    Hello all,

How much time do you have after the last focus is killed before the floor appears, and how much time between the floor appearing and Elegon getting mad and casting deathgrip? I'd say we are getting around 6 to 8 adds total - is that more than we should have or typical? Do you guys just have the main trank rush the Elegon and begin tanking even while the adds are still on him? The damage seems outrageous. Any positioning tips or strategy suggestions to make this transition efficient?
    Assign one tank, one healer and three DPS to each side (left and right). Assign one DPS for each pillar, and kill them as close to at the same time as possible. When they are all down, everyone run and meet up again in the middle (at the console where you pull) while DPSing the adds. Make sure to stay away from those circles on the ground, and 6-8 adds sounds good. The floor should come up very shortly after you've regrouped, and one of the tanks must rush to begin tanking Elegon before he grips. Everyone else should also get into position for the new phase while killing the adds. They should die quickly.

I can't remember the damage in the transition being very high, perhaps your raiders just aren't staying out of those circles, or taking hits from the adds instead of simply kiting them?
    Last edited by damz2969; 2012-10-11 at 11:20 PM.

You have maybe 3-5 seconds form when the floor reappears to run in and taunt the boss.

The adds can be snared, rooted and stunned.

There shouldn't be that much damage if you are killing the pillars correctly. You need to stagger the killing of them first by doing opposite ones i.e if pillars are

1 2
    3 4
    5 6

You want to kill 1,4,5 first, then kill 2,3,6 and aim for 2,3,6 to all die within 5 seconds of each other.

6-8 adds is normal.

Have 1 tank, 1 healer and 3 dps assigned to each side.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Kill all the pylons at the same time.
    From what I remember from killing him after the first pylon dies he will cast mortar faster (haste buff) so killing them all at the same time is key. On our first kill we got the achievement "straight six" we weren't trying for it but when you do things right you are rewarded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    From what I remember from killing him after the first pylon dies he will cast mortar faster (haste buff) so killing them all at the same time is key. On our first kill we got the achievement "straight six" we weren't trying for it but when you do things right you are rewarded.
    Yeah, we also got the achievment. Basically adds spawn 40%/80%/120% faster with each set up Pylons killed ( 20% per pylon ). Kiling pylons at same time is key.

Deleted
    Yeah, we also got the achievment. Basically adds spawn 40%/80%/120% faster with each set up Pylons killed ( 20% per pylon ). Kiling pylons at same time is key.
    Thanks for the tip. Best try was 8,9% tonight -_-
    Should get him next sunday.

The enrage is really tight and the mechanics are nice, I like this fight.
    To the OP, just have your offtank pickup most of the adds and pref a DK AOE stunning them with Remorseless winter. We found that the transitions are much smoother if both tanks use their shieldwalls, too.

Some other tips for maximizing DPS:

• -There should only spawn 2 Celestial Protectors in the first phase (100-85%). Have melee on boss, ranged on the adds.
    • -Have your melee stay in every 2nd Total Annihilation starting from the first one; use survivability cd's such as Anti-Magic Zone. Reset stacks before 2nd Total Annihilation.
    • -Run in as soon as the add begins casting TA for more dps time and 50% more healing taken (for melee, ranged should move in just before the cast finishes to avoid a stack of Overload)
    • -Assign people/groups to sparks as mentioned in a post above, kill 4 waves, ignore 5th one and DPS boss instead until the pylons spawn.
    • -As melee you can cleave the first 2 hits on the sparks with careful positioning, so that you hit both the boss and the add
    • -Apply dots only when inside the floor area if possible (50% more damage)
    • -Bloodlust after/during the 2nd transition after killing pylons, since boss takes at least 80% increased damage
    • -Make sure your tanks too are focusing on damage dealing, tell them to bring DPS potions for prepot and BL pot

As a DK: glyph pestilence for the increased range and you can reapply buffed (10-100% depending on bosses stacks) diseases on elegon and spread it to all adds.

Deleted
    Can just add some stuff. We went for a 5+5 add wave kills ( that is 6+6 stacks ).
    We could easily have taken more adds but we felt it not necessary.
    We used 2 healers but during burn phase our shadow priest healed aswell, so basically 3 healers in burn phase.
    Our boss was on 27% when burn phase started.

If you have a protection paladin and a druid, symbiosis on the paladin almost trivializes the fight.

If you do not have a protection paladin and a druid. Recruit.

That wrath is just insane, together with avenger shield hitting 3 adds during P2, insta GG.
    Quite fun during burn phase to see those 1.3M wraths with GCD cast time with BL.

If you have a protection paladin and a druid, symbiosis on the paladin almost trivializes the fight.
    Can you elaborate on this?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Cosset - 90 Tauren Druid
    Zinzrah - 100 Undead Rogue

mocking banner as warrior tank to 'rally' the adds is good as well

Deleted
    Everyone talking about DK/Pala/Druid.. pff! Brewmaster monks guys!

I was in there with my guild for the 1.st time last night. We only had 45 minutes on him, but got him in p1 the 2.nd time and I really count on a kill this upcoming sunday.
    We killed 4 sparks during the 2.nd phase (that should be enough right?), using the rest of the time in this phase to dps the boss.

The reason that I do think Brewmaster is a good pick for Elegon is:
    1. Different ways of avoiding magical damage. ("Diffuse magic" reduces magical dmg by 90% for 6 sec and "Zen Meditiation" is just awesome when the adds expload during p1).
    2. "Dizzying Haze" - OMG lets talk about awesome add kiting in p3 Just spam these and top it with a 5 sec. "Leg Sweap" stun to nuke em down.

I just had to state that Brewmasters are definietly viable on the Elegon encounter. That is my understanding. But I will get back to you if I cant get the kill on Sunday

/Boombrew

The only problem we have is the add phase.
    Last edited by adacharlot; 2012-10-12 at 10:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosset View Post
    Can you elaborate on this?
    Wrath + Vengeance + 39% spell haste passively = The answer to life.

Last I saw, wrath is given to ret pallys not prot pally. Did they change this?

I did not read through the responses so I apologize if I repeat what other people say. We are a 25 man and we felt the best way to deal with this was as follows:

Kill all 6 pillars at roughly the same time, bring all adds and entire raid to the start of the encounter (the terminal thing).

Pop a raid CD if absolutely necessary, but preferably a small one (boomkin tranq) while avoiding blue zones and light aoeing as you want the tanks to have a ton of threat.

The second the floor spawns have the entire raid move onto the floor and spam AOE stuns, push backs, CC's while nuking the remaining adds. Being on the floor gives you the damage buff which helps level out the adds pretty quickly.

Other than that we found if one side was a lot further ahead on pillars to immediately start killing adds, or at the very least dotting them so they were low when we moved to the console.

Due to the enrage timer we felt it was almost unkillable last week but this week using the above strat we killed it in somewhere around 7 pulls.

Hope this helps!