Brewmaster world of logs and advice

Hey guys. I've been reading these forums quite frequently and I'm new to tanking. My guild had some attempts on stone guards last night (had quite alot of trial members and not great setup). However, I enjoyed tanking and apart from a few parries I thought I did quite well. What do you guys think? Is there a few areas I should aim to improve on?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7149&e=7570

Armoury link - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Havoki/simple

Any constructive criticism or advice would be appreciated, thanks
    Last edited by Slickwhits; 2012-10-11 at 08:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are below the Hit/Expertise soft cap's which is real bad. If you go for the Exp hard cap is a separate discussion but your gearing makes that impossible anyways. Unfortunately you have a lot of gear with Mastery on it which is limiting your Hit/Exp/Haste/Crit reforging. When dungeon running pick up any agil drops WITHOUT mastery and replace the slots that have it: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/kazzak/havoki

Buffs: Shuffle is good (83%) but could be higher, Tiger Power was only 88.5% you shouldn't be letting that drop, Guard / PG ration (13%/75%) which was probably hurt by TP uptime. Moderate Stagger = 25% you need to use Purifying Brew more often to clear it.

CD Use: Elusive Brew = 2 times, bad. Dampen Harm = 1 time, bad (if you have trouble remembering just switch to Healing Elixers for now). Expel Harm = 14 out of possible 28, bad (only 11 did damage/healing).

You used Chi Sphere 17 times, others may have better suggestions but feels like you should lay off that and increase your PB useage and focus on your other buffs and CD's more. Try visiting the BrM weak aura thread and maybe try out some strings to give you more reminders of things coming off CD or EB hitting enough stacks.
    Last edited by SurrealNight; 2012-10-11 at 04:11 PM.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Hi thanks for the feedback. I am actually sitting on the hit cap and the exp soft cap. I logged off in various pieces of gear because i was working on changing some pieces. Im not sure what you mean when you say i used chi sphere 17 times? Is that when you generate chi over the cap and it creates a sphere near you? I have to admit I dont really know when to use elusive brew alot of the time, often it seems to take ages to generate a decent stack! I have picked up a few weak auras but I am yet to see a good one which can track power guard and tiger power in a single aura set. Do you know of one?
    Last edited by Slickwhits; 2012-10-11 at 04:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slickwhits View Post
    Im not sure what you mean when you say i used chi sphere 17 times?
    If you look under "Buffs Cast" > "Power Gains" it has Chi Sphere = 17 though I don't see anything listed for healing done for this ability so not sure if you never used it or it's something with the logs I'm not catching as the MW was casting this. Maybe someone can give me some more info on how Chi Sphere is treated in logs. Seems weird to have 17 power gains but 0 healing done.

Also, looking at your "Healing Done" now you could probably improve your GotO orb pickup.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post

Also, looking at your "Healing Done" now you could probably improve your GotO orb pickup.
    .. Most definitely this is something I aim to do, but with new class and new role (tanking) its definitely a steep learning curve. I guess practice makes perfect!!