10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    There's a couple that have done it in practice IIRC. But the actual in game situation with a team rushing against you, the low angle of even a 65+ yarder is easily blocked if someone gets a good jump.

Will be interesting to see Zuerlein over the next few years, if he can hit with consistency, he'll probably end up carrying the Rams for a few games the way Janikowski's kicked other teams to death for Oakland.
    Yeah thats very true.

He already pretty much won them the Seattle game. Its hard to contain a team where the red zone is 40 yards away from the endzone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey now, Akers is a freaking monster kicker too. I would place him up in the top kickers as well, he has dropped off a little bit this year in accuracy, but hitting a 63 yarder at 41? Holy hell. Also, if Tucker on Baltimore can keep on kicking like he does, I think I am going to like him as well, I read an article about him, and he seems like a fun guy
    Last edited by Robbyjawz; 2012-10-10 at 08:58 PM.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I'm sure a few can, but as you said, it's a lot different in game. Granted, that doesn't mean anything if he can kick it high enough and deep enough at the same time. I'm not much on physics, but I assume it just would take someone with a hellaciously strong leg.
    The amount of force needed to be able to get the distance on a kick at a high angle so you don't get someone blocking it with a good jump means they'll have an abnormal leg.

I'll still be amazed the day someone kicks 65, 70 is at least a decade off yet, freak galestorms carrying a ball aside.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield View Post
    isn't SoS based upon last years W-L record? or is it constantly updated?
    i never put too much weight on SoS because we know every year that every team will either lose to a team they shouldn't have and beat a them they shouldn't have
    I count SoS as current opponents' record for the current season. It's a silly thing to do after the first game (or two), but it starts to get telling around this time of the season.

So the RG3 is absolutely fine 3 days after getting a concussion but almost all other players miss at least a week and some miss multiple weeks?

Something seems odd to me here... I just hope they aren't rushing someone who could be a franchise QB back because they think they need him and cause him to get even more seriously injured in his rookie season or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Something seems odd to me here... I just hope they aren't rushing someone who could be a franchise QB back because they think they need him and cause him to get even more seriously injured in his rookie season or something.
    Depends on the severity of the concussion, or if he actually even had one and wasn't just taken off for precaution for a suspected concussion.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

So do we think the Vikings are the real deal this year? They have the one win over the 9ers on the resume, which is positive. I'm guessing we won't really know until the second half of the season. Starting Nov 4, they play Seattle, Chicago twice, Green Bay twice, Houston, and St Louis (maybe this year's good bad team). Will be interesting to see how they come out of that stretch.

Speaking of shitty schedules, my Giants just played their last shitty opponent for the year with the Browns game last week. Although that depends on how you feel about New Orleans. From now on it's @Frisco, Wash, @Dallas, Pitt, @Cincy, GB, @Wash, NO, @Atl, @Balt, and Philly to close the season. Ugh.
    Last edited by buck008; 2012-10-11 at 05:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So the RG3 is absolutely fine 3 days after getting a concussion but almost all other players miss at least a week and some miss multiple weeks?

There are different levels of a concussion. He was never out when he got hit, just shaken up a bit. I'd say a headbanger at a metal concert would have more brain damage than he had.

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    So do we think the Vikings are the real deal this year? They have the one win over the 9ers on the resume, which is positive. I'm guessing we won't really know until the second half of the season. Starting Nov 4, they play Seattle, Chicago twice, Green Bay twice, Houston, and St Louis (maybe this year's good bad team). Will be interesting to see how they come out of that stretch.

Speaking of shitty schedules, my Giants just played their last shitty opponent for the year with the Browns game last week. Although that depends on how you feel about New Orleans. From now on it's @Frisco, Wash, @Dallas, Pitt, @Cincy, GB, @Wash, NO, @Atl, @Balt, and Philly to close the season. Ugh.
    Both the Vikings and Giants will be interesting to watch. Throw Eagles in there too.

15+ Year Old Account
    So do we think the Vikings are the real deal this year? They have the one win over the 9ers on the resume, which is positive.
    No. They have wins over the 1-4 Jags who might be the NFL's worst team, the 1-4 Titans who might be the NFL's worst team, and the 1-3 Lions who might be the NFL's worst team. The combined records of their opponents is 9-14 which is close to softest in the NFL. They have a good defense that is better than I expected, but their offensive is fairly mediocre. They have protected the ball incredibly well which is the biggest reason for their current record. I don't think that lasts. The Vikes are good enough to be .500, but I don't think they are good enough to win the division.

If the Vikings can beat the Bears and Packers I will start believing in them. Until those things happen I will still have them #3. Their schedule after their bye week is absolutely brutal: @ Chicago, @ Green Bay, vs Chicago, @ St Louis, @ Houston, vs Green Bay. I wouldnt be suprised if they were underdogs in all those games except for possibly the Rams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Related to the RG3 concussion discussion, apparently Megatron suffered a big blow and was let back in the game. Now the Lions medical staff is getting a lot of flak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Related to the RG3 concussion discussion, apparently Megatron suffered a big blow and was let back in the game. Now the Lions medical staff is getting a lot of flak.
    Because every big hit is a concussion? Guess the media all graduated to be doctors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because every big hit is a concussion? Guess the media all graduated to be doctors.
    Uhm, pretty much. Anytime the brain collides with the skull its a concussion.

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 05:54 PM ----------

Its a very bitter-sweet feeling watching Hasselbeck play.

10+ Year Old Account
    [url=http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-terry-bradshaw-drew-brees-20121011,0,5891343.story]Terry Bradshaw comments on Drew Brees' record]

Wonder if Bradshaw cares about Ben Rothelisburger breaking the all-time Steelers passing record.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Its a very bitter-sweet feeling watching Hasselbeck play.
    I feel sorry for him. Kenny Britt can't hold on to shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was a surprisingly good game.

I feel sorry for him. Kenny Britt can't hold on to shit.
    Kenny Britt was a monster last year before he got hurt. Apparently he forgot how to catch in rehab.

10+ Year Old Account
    Supposed to piss cats and dogs in Seattle Sunday. Going to make quite the game even more so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kenny Britt was a monster last year before he got hurt. Apparently he forgot how to catch in rehab.
    At least he's not Greg Little. Pretty sure that guy is allergic to the football.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

i just don't see how the eagles offensive line gets no criticism while vick gets all of it. guess PETA and the HSUS have really brainwashed some folks because that offensive line is the worst i've ever seen in the NFL

10+ Year Old Account
    Something about this ref in the Dallas/Baltimore game that I don't like. Here's his Delay of Game call:

"Delay, offense, five yard, still first"

And I love how Torrey Smith can grab the defender, sling him down, and get the pass interference call on the now hurt defender.