Page 1 of 32
... LastLast

Patch 1.5 and F2P conversion happening 11/15

Things that are GREEN are changes between the last PTS notes and the Final ones.

Originally Posted by SWTOR
    Game Update 1.5 PTS Patch Notes

11/15/2012

Highlights
    • Free-to-Play is here! Players can now experience Star Wars: The Old Republic up to level 50 (with certain restrictions) without paying a subscription fee.
    • The Cartel Market is now accessible! All characters on the PTS will be set to Free-to-Play status in the near future for a limited time in order to assist testing the Cartel Market and Free-to-Play options. This has no effect on characters on live servers.
    • Travel to Section X on Belsavis and learn why the nefarious Dread Guard has seized control of this ravaged sector of the planet! Section X can be accessed on Belsavis and via the daily mission shuttles.
    • HK-51 can now be acquired as a Companion Character! A shipment of the infamous assassin droids can be found in the wreck of an Imperial transport ship, The Fatality, in Section X. Reactivating HK-51 requires finding and assembling parts from across the galaxy.
    • Nightmare Mode is now available for Operation: Explosive Conflict! Bosses in Nightmare Mode present a new level of challenge, new mechanics, and high-quality rewards (such as a new vehicle and Dread Guard set pieces)!
    • Dreadtooth, a new world boss, can be found roaming Section X. Each time Dreadtooth is defeated, he returns with a temporary, stacking power buff which increases his difficulty and the quality of his loot rewards.

General
    • The names of guilds that are inactive (any guild that has had no members log in for 8 weeks) will now be released for use by new guilds. If a guild member logs back in once a name is released, that guild member can reclaim the guild's name if it has not been taken. If the name has been taken, the guild will be granted a free rename.
    • If no member of a guild logs in for 8 weeks, the next guild member to log in will be promoted to Guild Leader.

Classes and Combat
    • Subscribers are no longer charged credits for skill point re-specializations.

Jedi Knight
    Sentinel
    Watchman
    • Merciless Zeal's healing has been reduced to .5% per point (down from 1% per point).

Sith Warrior
    Maurader
    Annihilation
    • Hungering's healing has been reduced to .5% per point (down from 1% per point).

Group Finder
    • Travelling to a new area while in a Group Finder queue no longer occasionally causes the UI to behave as if the player is not in the queue.

Missions and NPCs
    • Some missions on Origin Worlds now offer Experience Boost rewards.

Items
    • The cost to remove mods from items has been reduced for subscribers.
    • The Collector’s Edition vehicle and all vehicles available in the Cartel Market can now be used with the lowest level license. Their speed now scales based on the license unlocked by characters.
    • Subscribers may now access speeders at level 15.
    • Campaign armorings are now available for purchase on the Black Hole vendor for Black Hole Commendations.
    • Dread Guard relics are now available on the Daily vendor for 300 Daily Commendations.
    • A new set of droid armor is now available from the Daily vendor.
    • More robes have been adjusted so that their backsides are not inappropriately large when worn.
    • New speeder vendors are now available on Taris (Republic) and Balmorra (Imperial).

Legacy
    • Players can now unlock their Legacy at level 10.
    • The Legacy panel now accommodates much larger Legacies.
    • Each rank of the Legacy Experience perk now grants +6% experience (as opposed to a gradual increase of +2/4/6/8/10). The total possible bonus from Legacy perks is still 30% in each category.

PvP
    • The caps for Warzone and Ranked Warzone Commendations have been increased. All players can now accumulate up to 4500 Ranked Warzone Commendations and 2750 Warzone Commendations.
    • Elite War Hero armorings, barrels, and hilts have had their stats improved slightly.

UI
    • Several emotes are now voiced!
    • Subscribers have access to 2 additional quickslot bars.
    • Different quickslot bars can no longer be jumped to in the primary quickslot bar if they are already visible in another location on-screen.
    • The deposit for items placed on the GTN is now a percentage of the item’s value (instead of being based on the player’s set price).
    • Vehicles, mini-pets, weapons, and color crystals can now be previewed in the in-game item preview window.
    • An additional bank tab Cargo Hold can now be purchased.
    • The title selection window is now scrollable. Players can now choose their Legacy name display from this window.
    • A progress bar has been added to the currency pane to indicate player proximity to currency caps.

Miscellaneous Bug Fixes
    • Several typos and instances of incorrect text have been corrected in all languages.
    • The Imperial Medcenter in the vicinity of the wreck of the Ambria’s Fury has been moved Northeast.
    • An issue that caused dark outlines to appear around characters' eyes has been corrected.

(Source)
    Last edited by Arlee; 2012-11-15 at 09:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice, good to see HK is finally getting thawed out.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really hate to be Debbie Downer...but doesn't this seem incredibly underwhelming? I guess I'll wait to see what else is added when it 'supposedly' goes F2P in November and if they can continue to add content regularly.

If this is the amount of content they add each time, the time table better be 4 weeks instead of 6.

Edit: Also, whoever writes their promtional material needs to be fired. GET READY FOR THE EXCITING ADVENTURE OF....thawing a robot out of an ice cube. Uh..what?

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I really hate to be Debbie Downer...but doesn't this seem incredibly underwhelming? I guess I'll wait to see what else is added when it 'supposedly' goes F2P in November and if they can continue to add content regularly.

If this is the amount of content they add each time, the time table better be 4 weeks instead of 6.

Edit: Also, whoever writes their promtional material needs to be fired. GET READY FOR THE EXCITING ADVENTURE OF....thawing a robot out of an ice cube. Uh..what?
    A raid (that is a raid...right?), a companion and a new zone isn't too shabby for a six week content cycle. Granted we're still in the period where can can use up a ton of content they have in their back pocket, but the fact that it's apparently looking like they're going to start strong and keep their 6 week patch cycle is promising.

Deleted
    Sorry if this isn't the right thread, but I didn't feel it warrants its own. Can we expect a level increase with F2P, since they said 'free till level 50' or does that seem rather unlikely for now?

Deleted
    Everyone thought ancient hyper gates was next. Maybe the swapped them cos non raiding PVE'ers haven't had anything for so long.

People on the forums are NOT happy about the lack of WZ.
    Last edited by mmoce9505126aa; 2012-10-11 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    A raid (that is a raid...right?), a companion and a new zone isn't too shabby for a six week content cycle. Granted we're still in the period where can can use up a ton of content they have in their back pocket, but the fact that it's apparently looking like they're going to start strong and keep their 6 week patch cycle is promising.
    Eh... it's just sort of depressing because it's a new hardness for an existing OP we have been waiting forever on. If it was a brand spanking new OP with brand spanking new gear it would be more exciting. Yay for finally HK though.

It's a raid. But it's just a difficulty of an already existing raid. To be determined how much it differs from Hard Mode. Considering they've been working on it since April, you'd think they could have just turned any new mechanics into the Nightmare version of TFB. As for Section X, if it's just another section of dailies, it could be nearly as generic of a place as Black Hole. I can see why Kitty may feel underwhelmed. We won't really know until people just on the PTS and give out information.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Eh... it's just sort of depressing because it's a new hardness for an existing OP we have been waiting forever on. If it was a brand spanking new OP with brand spanking new gear it would be more exciting. Yay for finally HK though.
    Ah, I got it now. In that case...yeah that's definitely a bit underwhelming.

Are those the full patch notes? >.> I kinda hope not because they're kinda like...small : /

It's all they have up atm... but yea they feel incomplete to me as well

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 03:14 PM ----------

Well maybe they will add more...
    Originally Posted by SWTOR
    Like we mention in the patch notes, the PTS notes are always subject to change and additions. There are less notes here than we've posted in the past when a larger content update goes onto PTS, but I can assure you that we're continuing to work on bug fixes (check out this thread for some top reported issues in 1.4) alongside new content. You'll continue to see fixes on the live servers as we test 1.5 here.

(source)

A raid (that is a raid...right?), a companion and a new zone isn't too shabby for a six week content cycle.
    :X I wouldn't call it a raid... Its from 1.2...

Also, more dailies... yay?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Also, more dailies... yay?
    Dailies are an abomination and the lowest form of game development IMO. Hate them in every game that they're in.

Thats decent content for such a short time coming off TFB.

I can be happy with a release schedule like this.

Dailies are an abomination and the lowest form of game development IMO. Hate them in every game that they're in.

I thought that was enrage timers?

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Thats decent content for such a short time coming off TFB.

Trouble is that it's not a "short time". Pretty much all of this is shit they've been working on since April or before. Considering the last actual content patch was 6 months ago, I'm sure they have a small stockpile to sustain themselves for the next 5 months, or so. It really comes down to how much content will they be releasing every 6 weeks after they've run out of their stockpile?

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post

I thought that was enrage timers?
    Enrage timers are primarily gear checks (and partially skill checks to see if you know how to play your damn class). That's part of a fights mechanic and adds a layer of difficulty in that players need to be on the top of their game both with regards to staying alive AND maximizing damage.

I don't think it's the most interesting mechanic for a boss fight, but I don't really have a problem with it. I remember a number of times in the past where we've actually had fights like that be better at improving individual members performance than any amount of coaching ect. on our part (we weren't super strict), so it is e

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright...I'm going to be "That Guy"...but GW2 does dailies right, in that you get daily rewards for doing things you would do normally, such as killing things, killing a variety of things, gathering resources, and participating in events.

I don't much care for the traditional dailies, even less so when you have so many there is talk of increasing a daily quest cap.

Enrage timers are primarily gear checks (and partially skill checks to see if you know how to play your damn class). That's part of a fights mechanic and adds a layer of difficulty in that players need to be on the top of their game both with regards to staying alive AND maximizing damage.

I don't think it's the most interesting mechanic for a boss fight, but I don't really have a problem with it. I remember a number of times in the past where we've actually had fights like that be better at improving individual members performance than any amount of coaching ect. on our part (we weren't super strict), so it is e
    I prefer a mix of hard enrage and soft enrage. A soft enrage like Putricide or Gruul is always a nice set of mechanics that can be used. Hard enrage isn't lazy, it's just a way of saying "Hey, get on with already." Not every boss can be Heigan.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Alright...I'm going to be "That Guy"...but GW2 does dailies right, in that you get daily rewards for doing things you would do normally, such as killing things, killing a variety of things, gathering resources, and participating in events.

I don't much care for the traditional dailies, even less so when you have so many there is talk of increasing a daily quest cap.
    Well, I agree with that guy.

I would like dailies to be account bound things that you complete during normal game play at any level.

Isle of Queldanis killed dailies for me...

And orgila...

And getting my nether drake...

And getting the tourny mounts...

/breaksdownintopitifulsobs

KIDS FUD IS S'POSE TA BE HEALFY!!!!
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post

I don't have a problem with those because they occur as part of your normal play. They're not something developed to have you repeat the same activity for weeks/months on end, they're developed to be completed along with normal play pursuing other activities.

I'm talking more about daily quest hubs that you see in numerous games. Those are just like...terrible IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    I prefer a mix of hard enrage and soft enrage. A soft enrage like Putricide or Gruul is always a nice set of mechanics that can be used. Hard enrage isn't lazy, it's just a way of saying "Hey, get on with already." Not every boss can be Heigan.
    Same. Hard enrages are absolutely a, "You should be performing at X level as a raid, and if you aren't, you need to improve." that should be put in occasionally. Soft enrages are fine too and I'm actually a pretty big fan of them. You can still absolutely win in a soft enrage scenario, it just ramps of the difficulty significantly and rewards you for avoiding it.

Deleted
    Every PvE activity in an MMO past the leveling and profession leveling stages is "developed to have you repeat the same activity for weeks/months on end".