Page 1 of 51
... LastLast
    Deleted

5.1 Warlock changes

Create Soulwell - The Soulwell lasts for 2 min or 25 charges.
    Demonic Gateway - The portal generates one charge every 15 seconds and lasts 20 min.

Talents
    Grimoire of Sacrifice - 30 sec cooldown.
    Kil'jaeden's Cunning Passive - You can cast and channel while moving, but doing so increases the cast time or channel period of the spell by 30%.
    Soul Leech - now works with Fel Flame.
    Unbound Will - Purge all Magic effects, movement impairing effects and all effects which cause loss of control of your character. or demon.

Demonology
    Hellfire - Generates 10 Demonic Fury per second plus 3 Demonic Fury per second on secondary targets.

Destruction
    Aftermath - Your Rain of Fire does not need to be channeled and has a chance to generate burning embers.

Pets
    Shadow Bite Bite the enemy, causing (406 + 38.0% of SP) Shadow damage.

Major Glyphs
    Glyph of Demon Hunting In addition, Soulshatter taunts your target, Twilight Ward becomes Provocation which taunts your target, Twilight Ward becomes Fury Ward which will absorb all schools of damage and Shadow Bolt becomes Demonic Slash.

Glyph of Soul Consumption - You restore 20% of your total health after you kill a target with Chaos Bolt that yields experience or honor.
    Soul Consumption - You restore 20% of your total health after you kill a target with Chaos Bolt that yields experience or honor.

Must express my complete confusion with Glyph of Soul Consumption...

Why on earth was Shadowburn removed from it???
    Last edited by mmoc06ca072631; 2012-10-11 at 07:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadowburn was already designed to be a high burst execute. So adding a 20% total hp heal on top of its already very good damage was probably too good for an instant cast ability. This change does make the glyph rather worthless for destro.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

No news is good news if you're a warlock. And some buffs on top of that (GoSac, KC)!
    Gateway change is confusing, it can be useless 10 minutes longer now?

Deleted
    The "changes" for the embers of RoF & Immolate are only tooltips fixes if I'm not mistaken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    The "changes" for the embers of RoF & Immolate are only tooltips fixes if I'm not mistaken.
    I removed tooltip fixes, the new rain of fire no longer stuns targets after 3 ticks.

In regard to shadowburn and the glyph... It's what? Overpowered that it heals you for 20% of your health AFTER you score a kill? Meaning after your target is dead, it's too much to earn a heal as well?

The glyph choices for destruction are abysmal and have barely any impact/barely possible to even notice, the only glyph worth taking for questing has now been hit over the head with a nerf that I fail to comprehend in it's entirety.

10+ Year Old Account
    man i loved glyph of soul consumption. I am not going to bother with it if they remove Shadowburn from its effect. guess i will pick up healthstone instead. (plus Embers and Conflagrate).

YEah I don't get it. They're like trying to fix Kil Jaeden's cunning but it's not really going to work until they redesign the spell.

huge wat fest going on right now.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

Deleted
    My impression would be that it was the only glyph worth taking and so instead of making the other glyphs more interesting, how about nerf the sh*t out of Soul Consumption so that nobody bothers taking it.

10+ Year Old Account
    and yet it's still a powerful glyph for Demonology and Affliction, because who won't be executing with DS or while in Meta?

Deleted
    It's kinda stupid, let's remove Destruction's execute ability from a glyph which is only about executing targets...

Hmm I see the logic!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing earth shattering in the changes so far, mechanics wise. I'm o.k. with this. Soul Consumption change is odd, maybe it's to promote Chaos Bolt use while leveling and slowing Destro down a bit, while mixing up the spells used, giving you a choice between fast execute, or slow execute with heal, idk. We might get a Xelnath post with some info if we are lucky.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Nothing earth shattering in the changes so far, mechanics wise. I'm o.k. with this. Soul Consumption change is odd, maybe it's to promote Chaos Bolt use while leveling and slowing Destro down a bit, while mixing up the spells used, giving you a choice between fast execute, or slow execute with heal, idk. We might get a Xelnath post with some info if we are lucky.
    Whoever would choose chaosbolt to heal on execute, frankly needs to have their head checked out.

Shadowburn on execute awards 2 embers, if you want to heal use one of the embers on Embertap, which heals for more than 20% of your health.

Executing with Chaosbolt is stupid, through and through, there is never a reason to use Chaosbolt to execute anything, ever, in any situation... Did I say ever? Yeah, ever.

we missed the important stuff here, where the hell are my destruction pve buff? where the hell is my destro stun? where the hell is some of decent change for locks outside QOL(pvp)?

also KJC its only slow your cast by 30%? the snare is gone?

Gotta love the 30 sec cd on Sac.

Don't forget The Codex of Xerrath. The most important warlock change in 5.1
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2012-10-11 at 08:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gez View Post
    we missed the important stuff here, where the hell are my destruction pve buff? where the hell is my destro stun? where the hell is some of decent change for locks outside QOL(pvp)?

also KJC its only slow your cast by 30%? the snare is gone?
    It goes without saying that Rain of Fire's stun removal won't even be noticed.

We know Xelnath mentioned that he will trade the RNG pointless stun from RoF for a more reliable cooldown stun, so just as it's not in the very first build of 5.1 PTR doesn't mean he'll remove it without adding something else in its place.

The snare I believe is still there in KJC, just the slow for casting is less harsh (not so bad under backdraft as that cancels it out).

Destruction PVE buff, you'll be into the next expansion before that happens, as far as DPS balance is concerned, destruction is fine!
    (being bottom in every scenario, aoe, cleave, single target)

next expa? kidding? no one raid as destro, look at WoL theres like 4-5 destro locks in the whole world? kidding me right? its need a single target buff, aoe/cleave is fine but single target is horrible how does aff is better?

Deleted
    Sorry Gez, i'm British, I can't help but fill my posts with Satire or Sarcasm... It's in my nature.

meh, didnt get the sarams im really upset by not seeing buff and having to learn aff to be effective in pve ( not doing well 65k dps on heroic feg kidding me ?) and im just in a overall rage lul

STILL waiting for the fix to make our grimoire of sacrifice spell lock actually lock people out instead of just blanketing them. (only locks out channeled spells)

I wonder how fast mage counterspell would be hotfixed if it wasn't locking people out.