Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    It's only what you called smacked.
    I'd rather call it tickled since their damage will still be over the top, they'll still have way to much control and they still will be invincible against sole targets due second wind.
    All the warrior changes are from the hotfix two weeks ago, it is all tooltip updates, meaning the changes have been in the game since.

If you have problems with a warrior under 35% you are either a terrible player who doesn't know what to do or the warrior is popping cooldowns to stay alive. Take out second wind and a warrior will not have ANY healing whatsoever. It is not an automatic IWIN button either. Pretty much all classes can kill me while I am under 35%.

Oh, as for when a warrior is popping Avatar / Reck and whatnot, there are plenty of counters to it, I would be more worried about BM hunters over a warrior which can be kited / Disarmed / Stunned etc whereas a hunter can do their full DPS from 40 yards away

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    kk

Please tell all the double and tripple BM hunter teams not to have their un-cc able pets global my team mates and untalent spirit bond that makes them invincible as long as stampede or readiness is usable.
    who the hell queues triple bm hunter and expects to succeed? all you have to do it stack and peel the hunters off. most don't have weapon chain. disarm and 50% of their damage is gone for 10 seconds. outlive their CDs and you're golden. Stampede is a 5 minute cooldown.

Not only is stampede a 5 min cd, but alot of the info in this thread is either incorrect or incomplete.
    1.) Pets aren't ignoring resilience, only the moves blinkstrike and lynx rush are. And on top of that it only affects the pet the hunter has out as his main pet, stampede pets don't use BS or LR.
    2.) Bestial Wrath (afaik that enrage thing) doesn't make his pets un-CCable, it make his ONE pet un-CCable. Tip: BM hunters pets are accounting for roughly 62% of the hunter's damage during bursts. SO CC THE HUNTER. Boom, 35%+ dmg reduc right there.
    ~Also, as an aside, KC is a huge part of the pets damage, and if the hunter is cced then he cannot cast kill command.
    3.) Stampede is not reset with readiness.
    4.) If the hunter is out of LoS of the target OR his pet, then he cannot cast Kill Command. Go into live, and check it out yourself. Make a level 1 hunter and see.

That being said, I would also agree that hunters need their damage tweaked abit. Putting LR and BS on the resilience chart would be a great start.
    However, don't forget that serious, competitive arena isn't stand at range and pew pew while standing still. Kite, LoS, drop target, drop combat, fake cast, bait cds, etc. Bm hunters can be beaten atm, they are not as horrifically broken as people make them out to be.

Also, every xpac has its few classes that will be ahead of others. Absolute balance in this game is unachievable in all aspects, but the effects are greater in PVP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    who the hell queues triple bm hunter and expects to succeed? all you have to do it stack and peel the hunters off. most don't have weapon chain. disarm and 50% of their damage is gone for 10 seconds. outlive their CDs and you're golden. Stampede is a 5 minute cooldown.
    this is funny. you must not have watched that video. you also must not be queing for 3s, or 2s, because hunter comps are fotm, shitting on 2 ppl in less than 30 seconds by yourself is obviously working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    It's only what you called smacked.
    I'd rather call it tickled since their damage will still be over the top, they'll still have way to much control and they still will be invincible against sole targets due second wind.
    They nerfed our sustained which actually needs a buff right now. CD stacking is what needs the nerf. And outside of 20 second cd shockwave, our control is perfectly balanced.

BM is blatantly stupid in every way. Even if the stupid burst gets nerfed (which it will) they'll still have two extra pvp trinkets with beastial wrath. SV and MM NEED extra utility and healing to compete with other classes let alone with BM.

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 10:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    All the warrior changes are from the hotfix two weeks ago, it is all tooltip updates, meaning the changes have been in the game since.

If you have problems with a warrior under 35% you are either a terrible player who doesn't know what to do or the warrior is popping cooldowns to stay alive. Take out second wind and a warrior will not have ANY healing whatsoever. It is not an automatic IWIN button either. Pretty much all classes can kill me while I am under 35%.

Oh, as for when a warrior is popping Avatar / Reck and whatnot, there are plenty of counters to it, I would be more worried about BM hunters over a warrior which can be kited / Disarmed / Stunned etc whereas a hunter can do their full DPS from 40 yards away
    Warriors are not as strong as BM. But that comparison is pretty much like comparing s5 rets to s5 dks. No matter what, both classes were utterly broken OP.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2012-10-11 at 10:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Look, our sustained damage is absolute horseshit. We do damage in bursts. Once our CDs are down, we're garbage. Stack with 1-2 other people (INCLUDING PETS) and then lynx rush damage goes down by 50% at LEAST.
    If u pop ur cooldowns and fail to kill the entire enemy 3v3 team u are complete horseshit.
    And even so thats why you have readiness.

Stop defending something thats obviously completetly broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyon View Post
    If u pop ur cooldowns and fail to kill the entire enemy 3v3 team u are complete horseshit.
    And even so thats why you have readiness.

Stop defending something thats obviously completetly broken.
    okay so i guess if i queue into someone smart i'm horseshit

lets all still pretend that warriors are the ones doing all that damage.
    please guys.

Deleted
    is the supposed stampede bug only effecting arenas? ive been playing around in battlegrounds as BM, and my numbers are no way near as high as people have been saying, they are far too high, but i can do no way near 700k in 5seconds. my stampede in BGs has not been doing all that good damage, its hitting terribly low for me. the only attack that has been hitting way above what it should is lynxrush, but if there is 2+ targets the damage on that is total garbage aswell, LR is really good 1v1. my KC is critting about 50kish at most in BGs, which isnt all that high compared to what ive seen other classes hit. so is this only effecting arena or what? i admit im not the best pvper and not the best geared hunter, but if i stack all my CDs and pop everything, its usually only taking targets to about 50-60% health. anyway, if a hunter uses stampede cant you just fear/snare them?

Lol at the guy trying to defend BM. This feels worse than DK in s5.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Lol at the guy trying to defend BM. This feels worse than DK in s5.
    if you're talking about me, im not defending BM, i was just asking if this stampede insane damage is only working in arena. i said the damage is too high even though im not able to do 600k in 5seconds.

and if you was referring to someone else, everytime a class is really OP someone will defend it. people are defending BM hunters now and people are defending warriors, just how it is.
    though one thing i will say about BM hunters are warrs, i hope blizzard doesn't do their usual of over-nerfing and totally destroying the class for the next season. BM sustainable damage is very low, i hope they reduce the burst but buff the damage output, once all the cooldowns are blown on BM, the damage isnt that good. thats a pve point anyway. and for pvp, the damage is so reliant on the pet, its quite easy to cc the pet for certain classes, shadowpriests have been a real pain.

Funny that you say this. Though its hard to know which arena ladders are accurate right now, I remember reading about a bm/bm/war being r1, and on the blizz ladders a bm/bm/rogue is r2 on one of the battlegroups.

Since when does 2v2 count for anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Since when does 2v2 count for anything?
    Completely not the point. Good input though.
    Last edited by mmoc9b719c3609; 2012-10-12 at 03:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    haha.

Hunters are laughable atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Firminator View Post
    Not only is stampede a 5 min cd, but alot of the info in this thread is either incorrect or incomplete.
    1.) Pets aren't ignoring resilience, only the moves blinkstrike and lynx rush are. And on top of that it only affects the pet the hunter has out as his main pet, stampede pets don't use BS or LR.
    2.) Bestial Wrath (afaik that enrage thing) doesn't make his pets un-CCable, it make his ONE pet un-CCable. Tip: BM hunters pets are accounting for roughly 62% of the hunter's damage during bursts. SO CC THE HUNTER. Boom, 35%+ dmg reduc right there.
    ~Also, as an aside, KC is a huge part of the pets damage, and if the hunter is cced then he cannot cast kill command.
    3.) Stampede is not reset with readiness.
    4.) If the hunter is out of LoS of the target OR his pet, then he cannot cast Kill Command. Go into live, and check it out yourself. Make a level 1 hunter and see.

That being said, I would also agree that hunters need their damage tweaked abit. Putting LR and BS on the resilience chart would be a great start.
    However, don't forget that serious, competitive arena isn't stand at range and pew pew while standing still. Kite, LoS, drop target, drop combat, fake cast, bait cds, etc. Bm hunters can be beaten atm, they are not as horrifically broken as people make them out to be.

Also, every xpac has its few classes that will be ahead of others. Absolute balance in this game is unachievable in all aspects, but the effects are greater in PVP.
    No need to worry this happens every time people can't faceroll over hunters,it's sad they expect to be able to faceroll hunters because it has been that way for so long...

Will we take steps to adjust hunters if they continue to be weak in Arenas? Yes. This is absolutely a concern of ours. To some extent my reputation is on the line here because I keep trying to assure players that we will make adjustments, and I know you’ll throw it back in my face if we don’t deliver. The game has only been out for a few days though, so it’s just premature to make sweeping changes yet. I realize some knowledgeable hunters are convinced the changes we made were not enough. At the end of the day though, it is us, not the players, who need to make decisions about game design. We will always listen to your feedback when making our decisions though.-GhostcrawlerNov 14, 2008

It only took for all intents and purposes 4 years to undo the damage, sadly though,with the river of tears about hunters everywhere Hunters will get another trip to the vet to be neutered again...no need to panic folks hunters aren't allowed to shine for long.

L2P isn't that what you all preached to us for those 4 loooong years?

10+ Year Old Account
    A gladiator beating 1.3k rated players... not much new, pretty funny though

Quote Originally Posted by malbojia View Post
    No need to worry this happens every time people can't faceroll over hunters,it's sad they expect to be able to faceroll hunters because it has been that way for so long...

Will we take steps to adjust hunters if they continue to be weak in Arenas? Yes. This is absolutely a concern of ours. To some extent my reputation is on the line here because I keep trying to assure players that we will make adjustments, and I know you’ll throw it back in my face if we don’t deliver. The game has only been out for a few days though, so it’s just premature to make sweeping changes yet. I realize some knowledgeable hunters are convinced the changes we made were not enough. At the end of the day though, it is us, not the players, who need to make decisions about game design. We will always listen to your feedback when making our decisions though.-GhostcrawlerNov 14, 2008

It only took for all intents and purposes 4 years to undo the damage, sadly though,with the river of tears about hunters everywhere Hunters will get another trip to the vet to be neutered again...no need to panic folks hunters aren't allowed to shine for long.

L2P isn't that what you all preached to us for those 4 loooong years?
    4 years to undo the damage ? You're not couting right because they were decent during wotlk and good in all of Cata. If anything they were the classe with the biggest number of viable comp in 3v3.

Also Hunters aren't "shining" now, complete braindead people are entering arenas, pressing 2 buttons and oneshotting everyone without even knowing what they are doing. "Just pop defensive cooldown" If you manage to do this and live : Readyness, one shot again, goodbye.

Not a single season has ever been this bad, how some people can remotely think the current state of PvP is even close to balance is properly incredible.

Please explain how you plan to peel off 3 hunters and 18 pets?
    Not to mention that even if that was possible (which it isnt) theres no way you would have time because your entire team would be dead in 2secs.

"Outlive their CDs and youre golden"
    Except that outliving their CDs is impossible for almost every single class in the game.
    And even if your lucky enough to do it, they have Readiness.
    And if you by some miracle survive the second wave of cooldowns aswell (which is impossible but just pointing it out for fun), they will just kite you around with their godlike healing until they have them ready again.

Defending hunters is retarded because its obvious to everyone that they are way way way over the line.

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 12:52 PM ----------

A friend of mine leveled up a Hunter a few days ago, and we played some 2v2 just for fun to see how retarded hunters are.

My main is Feral with full blue pvp gear, 3 malevolent pieces and heroic pve weapon.
    His hunter has 2 pvp pieces and rest is blue/green questing gear. (He doesnt even have pvp trinket)

This is how 90% of our arena matches end:
    We rush in on our mounts (dont even bother stealthing), pop all our cooldowns on the first enemy we see, 30-50seconds after the arena started they are both dead and we win.

I usually have around 250-300k damage done while my hunter friend who has vastly inferior gear to me always has above 600k.
    He also usually has around twice my healing even tho Im spamming instant healing touches close to every proc.

Despite him having no resilience and me being in full pvp gear, the only time we ever lose is if we meet a Hunter/xxx team (mostly Hunter/Warrior) and they focus me.
    If they focus him, we win, cause they cant kill him trough his healing and deterrence spam.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    look that hype

kinda funny after 11 seasons of RMP