Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i hope anduin dying isnt some lame setback, i hope he actually dies. i want a cinematic where we see Garrosh cleave him in two.
    I'd rather he lived because Anduin is the only other really interesting Human character besides Jaina. Right now, Alliance lore is dominated by the Night Elves (been around forever, know everything, have super awesome powers), which is fine, but if Blizzard is going to continue to make Varian out to be the centerpiece of the Alliance, there needs to be a reason for that. In Wolfheart, it looked like Malfurion and Tyrande had a far better grasp of what the Alliance needed than Varian did.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

To all of you stating that "war isn't supposed to be balanced"...

No, it's not, but it's not supposed to be completely one sided either. And honestly, that's how it feels to Alliance players. We lose and lose and lose, and never really gain anything. All of our hero's either do nothing or becoming neutral, whenever we DO get to deal some damage to the Horde it's always on some general which we've never heard of who randomly shows up.

Cataclysm leveling was one of the most painful experiences I've ever really had on this game, it felt so... Empty on the Alliance side.

Yea, I get it's not supposed to be balanced, but it's no fun at all playing a game where you are constantly getting your ass kicked.

I'd make a post on the WoW forums about it, just to see Zarhym rage about how "Just wait, you'll get something really epic" and so on and yet we never do get it, but I'm unsubscribed due to real life issues.
    Last edited by Callax; 2012-10-12 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I don't understand some of the whiny players that insist that the game is entirely Horde-biased as if this were a bad thing (it's the entire basis for the war).

It's like they have no understanding of the history of this franchise, which was based on the Orcs invading Azeroth and destroying one of the largest Human nations. The Horde has always been attacking and dominating while the Alliance has almost always exclusively defended. Therefore, when the Alliance wins, they gain nothing because they defended, and on the occasions where the Horde wins, they gain new territory because they were attacking. Do you really think the Night Elves and the Draenei would support huge offensive conquests into Horde territory? It's like these people don't understand anything they're talking about.

Anyway, more on topic, I don't think this is the death of Prince Anduin (at least, I hope not). The lore implications that would have would be utterly mind-blowing. If he doesn't "have a setback", then I will be quite surprised.

The Second War
    The First War brought the Fall of Azeroth, following the Orc campaign in Warcraft: Orcs & Humans. The survivors of Azeroth have fled by sea to the Human kingdom of Lordaeron, and the Orcs have decided to conquer Lordaeron, in what is known as the Second War. Both sides have acquired allies and new capabilities, including naval and air units, and more powerful spellcasters.[4]
    In the Second War the Orcs are successful at first, but the Humans and allies take the initiative,[19] helped by two civil wars among the Orcs.[20] At the final battle round the Dark Portal in Azeroth,[19] the Alliance exterminates one Orc clan and captures the Orc supreme commander and the remnants of his forces. Hoping to avoid further invasions, the Alliance destroys the Portal

I don't think YOU know the history of the franchise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callax View Post
    To all of you stating that "war isn't supposed to be balanced"...

No, it's not, but it's not supposed to be completely one sided either. And honestly, that's how it feels to Alliance players. We lose and lose and lose, and never really gain anything. All of our hero's either do nothing or becoming neutral, whenever we DO get to deal some damage to the Horde it's always on some general which we've never heard of who randomly shows up.

Cataclysm leveling was one of the most painful experiences I've ever really had on this game, it felt so... Empty on the Alliance side.

Yea, I get it's not supposed to be balanced, but it's no fun at all playing a game where you are constantly getting your ass kicked.

I'd make a post on the WoW forums about it, just to see Zarhym rage about how "Just wait, you'll get something really epic" and so on and yet we never do get it, but I'm unsubscribed due to real life issues.
    I know you feel this way, and I don't blame any alliance for feeling it either. But trust me, as horde I feel it too.

I use to love the horde and what it was about, the whole redeemed savage warriors who sort wisdom instead of endless bloodshed. Yet in recent years that has all but slipped away, and now the horde is lead by a hitler-themed cardboard villain thats shits on anything i liked about the horde.

So I honestly share the sentiment, just from another angle, this latest thing with anduin just adds to the overwhelming crap pile metzen and his team have driven the horde down, and anyone with any common sense would know, none of which is leading to any positive outcome from the horde.
    #boycottchina

If he dies, does this mean that Carl will get it on the walking dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I know you feel this way, and I don't blame any alliance for feeling it either. But trust me, as horde I feel it too.

I use to love the horde and what it was about, the whole redeemed savage warriors who sort wisdom instead of endless bloodshed. Yet in recent years that has all but slipped away, and now the horde is lead by a hitler-themed cardboard villain thats shits on anything i liked about the horde.

So I honestly share the sentiment, just from another angle, this latest thing with anduin just adds to the overwhelming crap pile metzen and his team have driven the horde down, and anyone with any common sense would know, none of which is leading to any positive outcome from the horde.
    Good to know it's not just us then. I agree there too, there are better ways to make a Horde/Alliance war without turning the Horde into the new Nazi's. Plus I'm sure it gets boring just winning all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to know it's not just us then. I agree there too, there are better ways to make a Horde/Alliance war without turning the Horde into the new Nazi's. Plus I'm sure it gets boring just winning all the time.
    I don't even use the definiation of 'winning' in this. I won't think of it as winning, I just see it as the horde digging itself in deeper. What Garrosh did to theramore was both cowardly and disgusting. How he uses every villain tactic in the book from kidnapping to stealing destructive weapons, to now, killing young adults/children.

I get sick of this theme, where what feels like the worst elements of the horde doing all this, and the better elements of the horde now sitting on the back burner twiddling its thumbs. At least the alliance gets to keep its integrity though all this.
    #boycottchina

The child king guy getting offed? Neat.

Garrosh going the absolute most predictable route possible? Not quite as neat.

I can control the sha!!! OOPS I am now corrupted by the power Rarr! Rarr! I like that his own stupidity caused it but really? It should have just been him being a rampaging bezerker rather than having the sha be the cause of it all. So I am a bit torn on it. I am not expecting great writing, it's WoW.

I guess....a little disappointed? At least the war in warcraft is getting pushed more... I guess. I mean there hasn't been a laundry list of things beforehand for both sides to try to annihilate each other...

Oh wait...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thefinalwarden View Post
    The child king guy getting offed? Neat.

Garrosh going the absolute most predictable route possible? Not quite as neat.

I can control the sha!!! OOPS I am now corrupted by the power Rarr! Rarr! I like that his own stupidity caused it but really? It should have just been him being a rampaging bezerker rather than having the sha be the cause of it all. So I am a bit torn on it. I am not expecting great writing, it's WoW.

I guess....a little disappointed? At least the war in warcraft is getting pushed more... I guess. I mean there hasn't been a laundry list of things beforehand for both sides to try to annihilate each other...

Oh wait...
    first off, the sha doesn't make you do things, they are manifested by peoples own negative energy, and leech off of it to grow stronger. So the sha isn't making Garrosh do anything, he's doing it himself.

And I don't get peoples belief its a good idea to see someone like anduin die, when he's not even had the chance to develop as a character. Thats just wrong.
    #boycottchina

I bet they made a two voice clips, one killing Anduin, and one letting him live, to throw us off. Only one is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    wait....what are you talking about? were you not aware of the final raid in this expansion?
    God fuckin' damn I am sick of hearing about this.

'HEY GUYS YOU CAN'T COMPLAIN ABOUT NOTHING BECAUSE YOU GET TO KILL THRALL PLOT DEVICE 78 ALONGSIDE THE HORDE AND LET THEM HAVE THEIR CITY BACK!'
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

I don't even use the definiation of 'winning' in this. I won't think of it as winning, I just see it as the horde digging itself in deeper. What Garrosh did to theramore was both cowardly and disgusting. How he uses every villain tactic in the book from kidnapping to stealing destructive weapons, to now, killing young adults/children.

I get sick of this theme, where what feels like the worst elements of the horde doing all this, and the better elements of the horde now sitting on the back burner twiddling its thumbs. At least the alliance gets to keep its integrity though all this.
    That's a good point you make there. I honestly don't think the Horde players would mind Garrosh half as much if we actually got some decent character development, he's all over the place. First he's a depressed Orc in Nagrand, then he becomes reckeless in Northrend, in Cataclysm we see him become brutal and somewhat honor bound (but constantly shifting from that to a dictator), and then BAM suddenly he wants to use Sha (I totally NEVER saw that coming *sarcasm*) and kill women and children (y'know, the thing he executed his general for).

But anyways, it seems like all of sudden half the Horde NPC's forgot what was the original motive and suddenly joined with Garrosh, fortunately it seems Vol'Jin is still good, so you guys can hope for him to play a large role.

I am sick of this theme too, both factions have become largely uninteresting because of this, the Horde was reduced to a bunch of savages while the rest just ignore it (where the hell is Saurfang in all of this?!). Alliance has it's integrity, but at this point I'm up for a change as our "integrity" has been pretty weak as of late.

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 09:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    God damn I am sick of hearing about this.

'HEY GUYS YOU CAN'T COMPLAIN ABOUT NOTHING BECAUSE YOU GET TO KILL THRALL PLOT DEVICE 78 ALONGSIDE THE HORDE AND LET THEM HAVE THEIR CITY BACK!'
    That's another thing that doesn't make sense. Why do we let the Horde keep their city after we overthrow Garrosh? The only explanation I can think is after we beat him, the Horde turn on us and push us out...

/shudder.

I'm guessing (hoping) that Anduin didn't really die, but rather, was beaten within an inch of his life and captured by Garrosh, who then claimed he was 'dead' to demoralize the Alliance. I'm guessing this because he seems a little distracted in the dialogue for Finale 2, where he says he has 'much to think about' after 'killing' Anduin.

I'm guessing that after capturing the prince, Garrosh will perform experiments on him (with the Sha and the new artifact), which will eventually lead to Garrosh's experimenting going too far in the next patches. The truth of Anduin's death will be leaked by agents sent by Vol'jin and Baine, and players sent by Wrathion, to infiltrate the depths of Orgrimmar, and they will use this information to rally the rest of the Horde as well as the Alliance to finally take Garrosh down and rescue Anduin.

The rescue will prompt Varian and Jaina to tentatively strike a peace pact with the reformed Horde, tying into Wrathion's words that the Alliance and Horde will need to be unified to face the next great threat of Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account

That's another thing that doesn't make sense. Why do we let the Horde keep their city after we overthrow Garrosh? The only explanation I can think is after we beat him, the Horde turn on us and push us out...

/shudder.
    Believe me if I could drop cauldrons of lava over orgrimmar and melt it I would, I hate its look now.
    #boycottchina

Believe me if I could drop cauldrons of lava over orgrimmar and melt it I would, I hate its look now.
    Yea, so much for the pride of the Warcraft Orcs. Now at looks like one of those strongholds from the Lord of the Rings Orcs.

first off, the sha doesn't make you do things, they are manifested by peoples own negative energy, and leech off of it to grow stronger. So the sha isn't making Garrosh do anything, he's doing it himself.

And I don't get peoples belief its a good idea to see someone like anduin die, when he's not even had the chance to develop as a character. Thats just wrong.
    They are the manifestation of negative emotion, that also ramps up and overwhelms others with said emotion and controls them through the emotion. The sha of fear played up the paranoia of the mantids and soon consumed and controlled them through it.

I would rather he didn't die, but it's more of the shock value that I find interesting. There are plenty of other lore characters I feel got shafted worse than he does if he doesn't come back.

There are plenty of instances where a person becomes so overwhelmed by the Sha's energy that they perform acts they never would have otherwise. It's a feedback loop where the Sha both create and feed off of negative emotions. Plus the more powerful ones actually can possess someone outright. When Taran Zhu is possessed by the Sha of Hate he refers to himself in the 3rd person, indicating full possession rather then just emotional manipulation.

Now I personally don't think it needs to happen with Garrosh. Personally I think it would be best if Garrosh is absolutely right and he can control the power of the Sha via the Divine Bell. Not that it's a good thing for anyone else of course.

And I of course agree that it would be a bad thing for Anduin to die. It doesn't really serve a narrative purpose since the Alliance is already in total war mode, and the other Horde leaders have already been pushed to the brink of rebellion anyways (and Vol'jin's scenario even has him ambushed by Kor'kron, so no additional justification needed there). Will be interesting to see what the other side of the dialogue is.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Putting my money on Sunwalker dezo (Pretty sure i got his name wrong) OR Vul'jin saving Anduin but hellscream thinks his dead.
    Aye mate

See, this is why you fellow members of the Horde should just be praising Garrosh. He is pure genius. He successfully destroys Theramore, to the point it was a total and utter victory in every conceivable angle. Now he manages to kill Anduin? He is incredible, because he's accomplishing so much more than the Alliance can in such a small time frame.

Garrosh forever.

It's all good, Wrathion is hiding the real Anduin in his giant treasure chest. ><