Brawler's Guild!

Is anyone else really really excited about Brawler's guild? Info here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2961-Patch-5-1-on-PTR-Official-Patch-Notes

Excerpt:

Brawler's Guild

Underground fighting rings have sprung up in Stormwind and Orgrimmar that will give brawlers a chance to earn bragging rights by testing their solo PvE mettle against some of the toughest creatures found in World of Warcraft.
    Players will prove their skill, and increase their rank with the Brawler's Guild, as they win matches against some of the most difficult solo encounters in World of Warcraft.
    As their Brawler's Guild rank increases, players will unlock additional rewards and activities within the Brawler’s Guild.
    Brawlers on a realm will gather together into the blood spattered ring to watch as their peers face down their own opponents. They can watch the battles in progress to learn from hardened Brawler's Guild veterans as they wait for their own turn to fight.
    If this is your first night at Brawler's Guild, you have to fight.

I smiled ear to ear when I read this! Sounds really fun to me. I enjoy soloing difficult raid bosses (being a paladin *cough*) so it will be nice to get something out of it! I am a little worried that they say "wait their own turn to fight." I hope this isn't a queue...

15+ Year Old Account
    Im so looking forward to this, but i hope that being Blood DK i wont faceroll it, that would be a HUGE disappointment if the top 100 players on an server was all blood DKs and prot paladins ^^
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Yeah, it might as well be called the Blood DK's guild.

Yeh this sounds pretty awesome, I hope it turns out ok. I dont raid anymore and enjoy solo content so this could be right up my alley.
    I'm thinking it will be like one of the last firelands dailies where you kill one of four(or 5?) named elites that have specific abilities to avoid except much harder of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Im so looking forward to this, but i hope that being Blood DK i wont faceroll it, that would be a HUGE disappointment if the top 100 players on an server was all blood DKs and prot paladins ^^
    It'll probably be varied from spec to spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling this will be as much like soloing old content as scenarios are like doing a dungeon >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    I did think it sounded kind've neat. Sounded like an easier way to solo powerful mobs than tracking down and camping rares.

10+ Year Old Account
    tbh I'd love it just for that last line

but even with that aside I still think it's a great idea and my Brewmaster can't wait to get in there and pwn some faces!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

i wonder how it will work? is it just a pure dps thing? will things be different for tanks? can healers do it too?
    I see Stupid people!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's about time we got something that was like a solo PvE challenege.

I just hope that you can do it as much as you want to every day.

Deleted
    I hope this won't be fun only for dps/tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerhunter247 View Post
    Yeah, it might as well be called the Blood DK's guild.
    This is something I'm concerned about as well. Some classes are just plain better at soloing than others, so how are they going to balance this?

it probably would be. it's not called the medic's guild or anything.
    Nelf Druid. Tank/Melee/Feral PVP. Dreadmaul

They will likely have mechanics that make them more than just a "use your abilities wisely" fight. At least, if Blizz decides to do it right. They can easily make fights where you have to use the environment, movement, item or situationally given abilities, etc.

Of course, it seems inevitable that some specs/classes end up consistently on top. They can't balance every spec around 1v1 fights, I don't think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffter View Post
    This is something I'm concerned about as well. Some classes are just plain better at soloing than others, so how are they going to balance this?
    Perhaps put either healing absorption effects or enrage timers.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II