Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Well, this isn't going how I expected. I'm pleasantly surprised. It's easy to forget that Biden knows his shit.
    You don't get to be a Senator for as long as he was, from his background, without being pretty damn skilled.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is how a debate is supposed to be moderated...
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Am I really biased or is Biden absolutely mauling him?

I said yesterday, despite being well-spoken, Paul Ryan is boring. Biden is never boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this a debate or just two people constantly interrupting each other? Just turned it on.

I don't think Ryan is doing bad, but Biden is just teeming with confidence. I have no facts in-front of me, but Biden sounds more credible, is more specific, and using more numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Erenax View Post
    Is this a debate or just two people constantly interrupting each other? Just turned it on.
    That's more of a recent development because Ryan realized Biden was walking all over him. Seemed to me like Ryan was trying to be polite while Biden was trying to taken names.

Quote Originally Posted by Erenax View Post
    I see a lot of interjecting but not anything I'd call particularly rude. Its more constructive than giving both sides 5 minutes to bullshit with no interruption.

10+ Year Old Account
    You said more or less the same thing during the Romney/Obama debate. Then again, I'm not watching this one, so you may be right this time.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden is definitely entertaining. From the last 5-10 minutes since I've turned it on I'd say he's winning.

I really don't think Ryan wanted this to be as much about the GOP's behavior in Congress as Biden is making it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Biden is crushing Ryan. Can't wait for this to hit the Republican blogosphere. The Paul "Intellectual Heart of the GOP" Ryan annihilated by Joe "Foot It's What's for Dinner" Biden. Of course, the people who thought Biden wouldn't do well forgot that he's an expert debater while Ryan is completely inexperienced.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    You said more or less the same thing during the Romney/Obama debate. Then again, I'm not watching this one, so you may be right this time.
    Ryan is getting trampled. That's my opinion. I know I'm biased. But I think I have some sense about these things.

"there aren't enough rich people and small businesses to tax"

Yeah better cut PBS.

Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    Yes, I did. I still think Obama beat him handily on the facts. The thing is, these aren't measured objectively. As the debate wound down and I realized how it looked to low information voters, I acknowledged that Romney had probably "won", thanks to lying his ass off. I'm evaluating Biden by the standard of the electorate (or at least trying to).

Did I hear this wrong or was Ryan's logic just "Because taxing the top income bracket more won't fix the economy by itself, let's just not tax them more." Please tell me I heard that wrong

"Do you have the specifics on how that 20% will be financed?"

-- Ryan goes off on a tangent

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    "Do you have the specifics on how that 20% will be financed?"

-- Ryan goes off on a tangent
    "Specifically, guys... let's get along in Congress"

10+ Year Old Account
    Ryan's too stuck on "here's the maths" imo. Not enough charisma to pull it off without sounding nerdy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Paul Ryan asked for specifics about tax plan, still doesn't have any.

Wasn't he expecting this question?
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.