Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    Ohh burn..."We're sending in more AFGHANS to do the job. AFGHANS."
    Yeah. Again, I don't know how the average person responds to this, but I'm a lot happier with Biden's answer than Ryan saying we need to send more Americans to what the two of them agreed is the most dangerous place in the world.

Biden is laying the smack down HARD.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Better than the last (4 years ago) VP debate as well. If I remember correctly, Biden was very restrained because they were afraid of appearing condescending to Plain.

Not this time.
    I do wonder if gender has anything do with that. I suppose that's part of it, but I think more of it is that Ryan's presented himself as an intellectual wonk. Palin... well, she didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Better than the last (4 years ago) VP debate as well. If I remember correctly, Biden was very restrained because they were afraid of appearing condescending to Palin.

Not this time.
    Yeah a little condescention would actually play in Biden's favor this time. Paul is young and new to politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I do wonder if gender has anything do with that. I suppose that's part of it, but I think more of it is that Ryan's presented himself as an intellectual wonk. Palin... well, she didn't.
    In 2008 there was all this crying that Palin was being attacked because she was a woman, just like that meanie Obama attacked Hillary for being a woman. So because of that criticism it is believed that Biden held back.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 50 million dollar question: Will conservative pundits be as honest as the liberal pundits, and admit that Biden won this debate?
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Some of the conservative personalities are actually blaming the moderator on twitter right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    The 50 million dollar question: Will conservative pundits be as honest as the liberal pundits, and admit that Biden won this debate?
    I think some will, but then say it's the VP debate and it doesn't matter

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 02:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Some of the conservative personalities are actually blaming the moderator on twitter right now.
    They attacked her before the debate too.

That is a hell of a question on abortion.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    Even New York Times has been saying Romney won the first debate.

I hope other news sources have that much class.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Ryan saying you can't separate faith from public life.

So is mormonism fair game now?

Ryan saying you can't separate faith from public life.

Ryan backtracking on exceptions. Cute.

And making some weird 1st amendment argument....

And Biden retorts with the correct argument.

15+ Year Old Account
    Listening to the debate, sounds like Biden is doing better. Ryan is dodging too many questions.

It should have been the whole fucking time. That the media has treated it with kid gloves is the clearest example of media pro-religion bias in politics that I've seen in awhile. Someone should absolutely be asking Romney what his beliefs are.

That is a fantastic answer on abortion from Biden and a great turn around. "I believe that life begins at conception but I don't believe I have any right to place that position on others". Turns around GOP rhetoric on that and should play well.

My god that condescending smirk on Ryan's face is annoying.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    My god that condescending smirk on Ryan's face is annoying.
    Biden laughing and interrupting is kinda annoying too.

That is a fantastic answer on abortion from Biden and a great turn around. "I believe that life begins at conception but I don't believe I have any right to place that position on others". Turns around GOP rhetoric on that and should play well.
    Ryan's response is completely terrible.

Stupid moderator should have let him keep digging his own hole rather than interrupting.

Well, Ryan just very clearly spelled out why I couldn't possibly vote for a Republican ticket as the party is presently constituted. Their position on abortion is both incoherent and patently evil, in my opinion.

Excellent work by Biden articulating that so clearly.