Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    It's just too much damage. The problem is that with the removal of minimum range, hunters have exactly zero weaknesses to exploit. You can't kite them, you can't get close to stop their damage, you can't interrupt them. All you can do is disarm them. Mechanically, they're arguably the best class now, healers aside, for that very reason. I'm not suggesting go back to having a minimum range, but either the damage needs to be lowered, or they need an exploitable weakness like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    It's just too much damage. The problem is that with the removal of minimum range, hunters have exactly zero weaknesses to exploit. You can't kite them, you can't get close to stop their damage, you can't interrupt them. All you can do is disarm them. Mechanically, they're arguably the best class now, healers aside, for that very reason. I'm not suggesting go back to having a minimum range, but either the damage needs to be lowered, or they need an exploitable weakness like everyone else.
    Well technically Disarm (10 second silence for you mana users). That is something that no other class in the game has to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocknrule View Post
    Well technically Disarm (10 second silence for you mana users). That is something that no other class in the game has to deal with.
    What? Every class that fights with weapons has to deal with it. Besides, that's not a positional class weakness, that's crowd control. I'm just saying, hunters are the only class in the game that it doesn't matter where you are relative to him. If he isn't under some form of crowd control, he's doing full damage. That's a problem.

What? Every class that fights with weapons has to deal with it. Besides, that's not a positional class weakness, that's crowd control. I'm just saying, hunters are the only class in the game that it doesn't matter where you are relative to him. If he isn't under some form of crowd control, he's doing full damage. That's a problem.
    Every other class can put on a weapon chain which reduces the disarm time by 5 seconds. That cannot be considered a CC because we do not lose control of our character. It is effectively a silence which we can not reduce or remove unless we use our trinket. It also does not matter to a mage, warlock, shadow priest, elemental shaman, or boomkin where you are relative to them. Every ranged wants to stay at ranged.. just because our minimum range is gone has effectively changed nothing. Any of the classes I just listed are also doing full damage unless they are under some form of crowd control. I am not saying that BM burst is fine. It does need to be toned down but the fact of the matter is what you are saying is silly. Hunters are not some god mode class with out any sort of counter. Yes we do have insane burst right now and yes it will be nerfed, everyone knows this.

well, in pvp, especially arena, positioning always matter. I know these days it's not quite as bad as it used to be, but "pillar hugging" (dunno the english exression for it, you know what I mean) is still a problem. hunters are still massivly dependand on being able to see a target to not only do damage, but to also regain focus. (after burstphase with BW+rapidfires)
    if a rogue manages to LoS you for 10sec, he has full energy to burst on you, while you sit at only 40 focus.
    funnily the hunter went to the positionally weakest class to one of the best, but we have ohter class weaknesses. lets say that our pet for example.

Every other class can put on a weapon chain which reduces the disarm time by 5 seconds. That cannot be considered a CC because we do not lose control of our character. It is effectively a silence which we can not reduce or remove unless we use our trinket. It also does not matter to a mage, warlock, shadow priest, elemental shaman, or boomkin where you are relative to them. Every ranged wants to stay at ranged.. just because our minimum range is gone has effectively changed nothing. Any of the classes I just listed are also doing full damage unless they are under some form of crowd control. I am not saying that BM burst is fine. It does need to be toned down but the fact of the matter is what you are saying is silly. Hunters are not some god mode class with out any sort of counter. Yes we do have insane burst right now and yes it will be nerfed, everyone knows this.
    If a caster has a melee on his butt, he isn't doing full damage. Good luck getting any casts off without being interrupted. Most of a hunter's damage is instant though, so no, nothing silly about what I said. It's true haha. Also, nobody uses a weapon chain so that's a moot point. It's not worth losing the enchant.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    well, in pvp, especially arena, positioning always matter. I know these days it's not quite as bad as it used to be, but "pillar hugging" (dunno the english exression for it, you know what I mean) is still a problem. hunters are still massivly dependand on being able to see a target to not only do damage, but to also regain focus. (after burstphase with BW+rapidfires)
    if a rogue manages to LoS you for 10sec, he has full energy to burst on you, while you sit at only 40 focus.
    funnily the hunter went to the positionally weakest class to one of the best, but we have ohter class weaknesses. lets say that our pet for example.
    No doubt about that last part. That's a problem in general I think, not just for hunters but all pet classes. They're way too easy to kill now.

If a caster has a melee on his butt, he isn't doing full damage. Good luck getting any casts off without being interrupted. Most of a hunter's damage is instant though, so no, nothing silly about what I said. It's true haha. Also, nobody uses a weapon chain so that's a moot point. It's not worth losing the enchant.

No doubt about that last part. That's a problem in general I think, not just for hunters but all pet classes. They're way too easy to kill now.
    If a Hunter has a melee on his butt he is also effected by pushbacks just like a caster and chances are he will be in Fox which will cause a serious attack power loss. The longer his Steady/Cobra shot are pushed back the less focus he has thus the less instant shots he can put out. At this point I don't really understand what you are complaining about. The loss of minimum range? And are you saying that rogues, warriors or pretty much any physical damage dealing class doesn't use a weapon chain.. cause that is not true. Casters don't use weapon enchants ofc if that is what you are talking about.

Did you ever played hunter before in PvP we got rid of minimum range??? We were the worst class out there for PvP. Even now we have highest amount of keybinds and hunter is considered the most hard class to master but easy to play. Before that range fix, we were actually free kill for almost everyone. All you had to do is slow and hop into melee range and hunter was actually f***ed up. If you managed to exploit our traps like for example DK's, warriors, rogues and mages, all hunter has left was disengage. And even that was often countered with gap closer very fast. Being focus starved and locked down 90% of the fight into melee range was NOT fun at all!

Also blizz can't just nerf our damage output as we will be then worst class in PvE and I'm sick and tired of PvP crybabies who cries for nerfs after they got owned once in arena. Arena is total bullshit in WoW and I don't ever want to have BM specc nerfed because of that. BM is most fun and overall useful in PvE. I can tank scenarios, I can offtank in need if tank dies, I can solo almost everything I need. Hunters were crap since TBC, for a whole WOLTK and Cata. It's time for us to get some love back and some good reputation and it's very nice to be respectable class once again, where people value us in raids, dungeons and scenarios!

Go back to your corner and learn to play. That is what I got when I was crying during WOLTK and cata when I cried that we can't do shit in PvP. I can't believe how much PvPers are selfish and want to have fun only with their FOTM classes all the time. At least I can now eat mage face and hit them back as they had fun last 2 expansions!

Oh, and reduced casting speed debuff says hello. No other class in the game is as penalized for that debuff as hunters. So there you go there is 2 weakness that the hunter class has the none of the other classes are as effected by it. Full duration disarm and reduced casting.
    Last edited by Rocknrule; 2012-10-12 at 05:44 AM.

Could it be a macro bug which causes the CD on claw to be reset? Like enabling / disabling auto-attack over and over during stampede?

The players abusing this bug are keeping very quiet, leaving the rest of us to figure it out. If the bug abusers aren't careful, the whole class is going to get nerfed to the ground unnecessarily.

Oh, and reduced casting speed debuff says hello. No other class in the game is as penalized for that debuff as hunters. So there you go there is 2 weakness that the hunter class has the none of the other classes are as effected by it. Full duration disarm and reduced casting.
    as far as im aware these dont exist in mop anymore.

BM burst is OP, that is a fact. Whether it's due to a bug or not is what I want to know.

Also it's incredibly easy to counter hunters right now. BM doesn't have nearly the amount of kiting tools that MM had in cata so keeping in range is pretty easy. If you don't use any cc abilities and just keep hammering on the hunter you will eventually win unless they blow BW. If you see them blow BW without you using any cc yet: you've won.

Every class now has multiple forms of instant cc and it's not hard to just force BW+trinket out of a hunter because damage outside of BW is pretty hilariously bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    as far as im aware these dont exist in mop anymore.

BM burst is OP, that is a fact. Whether it's due to a bug or not is what I want to know.

Also it's incredibly easy to counter hunters right now. BM doesn't have nearly the amount of kiting tools that MM had in cata so keeping in range is pretty easy. If you don't use any cc abilities and just keep hammering on the hunter you will eventually win unless they blow BW. If you see them blow BW without you using any cc yet: you've won.

Every class now has multiple forms of instant cc and it's not hard to just force BW+trinket out of a hunter because damage outside of BW is pretty hilariously bad.
    I am pretty sure Warlocks, Warriors, and DKs still have the cast speed reduction. Ill give you a hint why bm burst is so crazy, go look at the Claw tooltip for pets.
    Last edited by Rocknrule; 2012-10-12 at 07:35 AM.

I still feel hunters will forever be OP for as long as their close range weakness is there, it was a way to shut them down. Now, they are doing almost the same damage as a meele, except for the fact that they are not meele and ranged which gives them WAY more uptime therefore more damage in total of the fight, also, if you LoS them, they probably have a pet that deals OK damage too, which makes their sustained damage incredibly stronger than most classes... hell, i've been finished off by a BM when I had 30% hp left, because I couldnt outheal 5 pets jammering me as a boomkin even though the hunter had no chance at shooting me himself. Hunters need a disadvantage again, right now they are like a meele, just with 40y range, with better survivability AND burst. Hell I'd be happy to have 50% of that survivability as a Boomkin.

Don't necro old posts, there's tons of PvP topics already. ~eschatological
    Last edited by eschatological; 2013-05-18 at 07:27 PM.