Poll: Poll

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    He is one of the most interesting characters in WoW lore, though he was really, REALLY misunderstood. Had his brother been more understanding and less orthodox in matters of magic, he would've seen the truth behind Illidan's every action and intent - that Illidan is a true scientist, seeking to understand, master, and ultimately use the dangerous and immense power of primal fel magic for greater good and, of course, because he's not Jesus, for personal power.

He fought the Legion, he fought the Lich King, he fought the Legion again - and every time the protagonists defeat him only to go the long way and save the world the way it's supposed to be saved. We did it the boring way, while he always had the alternative.

Illidan x Warden pr0nz anyone? Locked in a prison with her for centuries, ~.^

Hopeless romantic, and I just finished watching something really romantic (Sword Art Online), I guess it's leaking into my WoW posts :P
    Time to go read a [steamy] romance novel <_<

His is just good intetions going awry.

Hell, if he'd had his way we'd never have had to worry about the Lich King.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

He's evil in an anti-hero way, non-hostile to us. Similar to Sylvanas.

I would call him vilified rather than evil. He dabbles with the enemy for personal gain but has proved difficult even for them to control. Afaik he has never been malevolent, but was cast out for magic use. Kind of similar to Arthus' ordeal at stratholme, the alliance really do love to alienate their heroes. He is coming back you say? Kael 'dan, the 2 headed ogre magehunter, aligned with the horde, callin it now.

Deleted
    i would say chaotic neutral also, he does bad things with good intension, but also wants power, but agian to help the night elfs.

But the real question is, is anyone ever truly evil? To ask why we fight, is to ask that is to ask why does the leaf fall.

Hes deff evil now since we killed him!

10+ Year Old Account
    The 3 hour login que time makes illidan evil( people from illidan will see what i did there)

Made by dubbelbasse

Deleted
    evil is a figment, and is only a majority of perspective.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    No. I never got the impression he was evil. He definitely wasn't a 'good' guy but I never really thought he was anywhere near the same league of evil as other bosses we've killed. Misunderstood and insane, perhaps..

In my day we didnt have anti-heroes or "misunderstood heroes" people were either evil or good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah he ain't evil. He's just a misguided insane NE/Demon hybrid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Heartbroken / Betrayed / abandoned / cursed and twisted. I think as a night elf that can live for thousands of years with all that he's allowed to be a bit insane, but he was never evil, just completely betrayed by his brother and his race, hence the nickname.
    Maeiv: You are insane
    Illidan: Isolation do that to the mind (warcraft3 mission 3)
    I think I memorize everything Illidan did

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 10:05 AM ----------

No one here really remember the outburst on official forums when a blue poster said we kill him for epics? No one?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    True.
    But he did those also for personal power.
    In this age and time who did thing for free?
    It's like you can get money by working or by stealing.
    Work = good // stealing = bad.
    He want power but didn't give his loyalty to burning legion even though if he did he will be a lot powerful.

Seriously if he comesback he better come with a vengeance.... Make Malfurion becomes a warlock druid because Azeroth needs it when the burning legion comes and then we have a silly excuse for why is he still alive/revived by random gnome priest in game. He is an awesome character but making him all good out of nowhere is the same thing as making garrosh evil because blizzard felt like it after giving hima different mindset in cataclysm...

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Nobody in World of Warcraft is evil. Every villain in the game was either corrupted by someone else or some event.
    The old gods are pretty much chaos and evil incarnate :P
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Suikoden View Post
    Nah he ain't evil. He's just a misguided insane NE/Demon hybrid.
    Aint evil -agreed
    Misguided - not at all. misguided by whom?

he isnt evil he isnt even bad , he made some radical choices all tho for greater good . Even Tyrande and Furion agreed to let him free <-- those guys are pretty good so if they judged him worthy of theyre trust .

Lots of "good" characters did stuff lot worse , and also most he did was to himself , consume guldan's skull . Pledge for sargeras , loosing his eyes , and stuff . He didnt actually harmed innocent , even akama he didnt do anything to him , i mean didnt locked didnt killed until he came to him , he was still "free" they twisted him a bit in tbc tho even so , he wasnt by any means a villain .

I see all this talk of "For the Greater Good"....

There is no greater good if even one life must be lost.

He is Evil pure and simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    He's not evil, just misguided and misunderstood. Everything he did was for the good of his people, he just couldn't see the negative consequences of his actions.

-Recreating the well - So his people would have a fount of energy to fight the Burning Legion should it return
    -Drinking the demon blood - To become strong enough to fight the Legion
    -Using the skull of Guldan - To destroy the Lich King

Siding with Azshara was his only real misstep, but he realized it at the end and essentially saved the world from Sargeras.

He's also my best friend :|
    I sort of agree with this. He's not evil, but he is unstable. He's willingly taking extreme risks, no matter what the cost is, to do good. But ends up being imprisoned then banished.

I guess I can say that he may have grown vengeful of the Night Elves banishing him when he was only trying to save his people - and/or impressing Tyrande.

I like Illy. He's just a poor unfortunate soul. >> <<