Poll: Poll

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    He willing became corrupted because of his lust for power which led him down the path of insanity. He only has himself to blame. I wouldn't call him evil though.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    There is no greater good if even one life must be lost.
    Thats just naive. There always exist one living being that is standing in the way. To progress, it must be gone.

If Illidan isn't evil, than Arthas isn't either. Atleast he got corrupted by the Lich King, Illidan was still himself during his reign in WC3 and WoW

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Uh, ofcourse Illidan is evil, its weird to see that the ''no'' option is winning by a landslide..
    Fanboys. Fanboys everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Thats just naive. There always exist one living being that is standing in the way. To progress, it must be gone.
    You don't seriously believe that do you?

Deleted
    I don't think he's evil, no. Not irredeemably so at any rate.
    He's kind of a dick, though, as is evident in the Well of Eternity where he goes "I tried teleporting Tyrande and myself out" at his brother... note that nowhere he says that he intended to take Malfurion -or us- along

Buuut he kinda went downhill a lot after his beloved Shan'do Rhonin taught him how he could use magic to fight the Legion. Subsequently losing his love, getting ousted by his brother, getting cooped in an underground hole for centuries until excrement hits the airconditioning AND then getting betrayed by another person he thought he could trust (Arthas) did do a royal number on him.
    He has reason to be paranoid after failing Kil'Jaeden twice, and his already fragile mindset only got worse with his own delusions of having killed Arthas.

Now despite the storyline in TBC not being that well-defined around Illidan, I choose to believe that he was trying to do the Right Thing, but completely failed in his execution and most of the stuff that happened at the Black Temple and around it was done without him knowing it. I mean, how else would Theron Gorefiend just wander on in and set up base?
    We don't just kill him because he had the good loots, we kill him because we got set up to do the dirty deed while the rest could look like the good guy. I don't exactly recall Akama asking to not kill too many Ashtongue while we're inthere, but he does come up and go all "I have released us all from our bonds! Hurray me!"
    No, Akama was out for revenge, and since he couldn't get it on the people who originally corrupted 'his beloved temple', Illidan was the next best thing.

Anyway, rambling mode off. No, not evil. Severely misguided and slightly insane, yes. And allowed to be a bit of a dick and retort with "You DID kill me you know..."

You don't seriously believe that do you?
    And you do believe that everything can be resolved by diplomatic means? There is always someone who will spit in your face instead of shaking your hand.

And in your analogy the spitter would be evil.

Though I don't personally believe the act of spitting to be an "evil act"...just a very disgusting one...and one that will most likely get you a beat down.

And in your analogy the spitter would be evil.

Though I don't personally believe the act of spitting to be an "evil act"...just a very disgusting one...and one that will most likely get you a beat down.
    I didnt mean it literally.

I think a lot of people are missing the difference between reasons and excuses.

While Illidan wanting to 'help his people' is a good goal, with all the actions it entailed, he was corrupted by it. Inadvertently, which makes it tragic. It's a reason. But it's not an excuse. His actions are evil. Thus, he is evil. A tragic case, but nevertheless evil.

You don't get to do what Illidan's done, work with the creatures he worked with, and get a pass because 'you meant to do good for your people' or such.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Illidan is Chaotic Neutral, possibly Chaotic Good. Following your own moral compass with no regard for social norms and expectations, with the best intentions at heart, is the calling card of Chaotic Good--people just forget that Good doesn't mean Nice.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Most of u are right The best answer is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Illidan is Chaotic Neutral, possibly Chaotic Good. Following your own moral compass with no regard for social norms and expectations, with the best intentions at heart, is the calling card of Chaotic Good--people just forget that Good doesn't mean Nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fir_ost View Post
    he isnt evil he isnt even bad , he made some radical choices all tho for greater good . Even Tyrande and Furion agreed to let him free <-- those guys are pretty good so if they judged him worthy of theyre trust .

Lots of "good" characters did stuff lot worse , and also most he did was to himself , consume guldan's skull . Pledge for sargeras , loosing his eyes , and stuff . He didnt actually harmed innocent , even akama he didnt do anything to him , i mean didnt locked didnt killed until he came to him , he was still "free" they twisted him a bit in tbc tho even so , he wasnt by any means a villain .
    plus the words: "hearthbroken", "misguided", "missunderstood".

Good psychologist will tell u, that's the correct answer If u think differently, I feel for your wife/gf/kids. Trully.

Sometimes sacrafices must be done, and greater good exists. Good =/= nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyur View Post
    Aint evil -agreed
    Misguided - not at all. misguided by whom?
    He was lead under the impression that by obtaining the power of a demon that he'd be able "help" the Night Elves. If I'm recalling this correctly it wasn't just by a single person.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    since Blizzard hinted he's obviously returning
    Where!?!? Illidan was one of my favourite characters it would be awesome if he came back.

I really want Illidan to come back in reasonable way. Many people misunderstand that Malfurion and Illidan hate each other. In fact I would say that Malfurion showed that he still care about Illidan in Vanilla WoW's quest and in WC3 when Illidan parted away from Mal he said that he wished there's peace between them.

Deleted
    Nope.

He is power hungry, childish (has that desire to be the sole and only hero who everyone looks up to), unstable and arrogant, but also he acted for what he thought to be the best for his people and the best for Azeroth. A lot of shit he got from Malfurion and the nelf society is also unjustified so some of his shit is kinda understandable. He is what he was designed to be, an anti-hero and a damn good one while we're at it.

That is until TBC, that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    definitely better off dead than alive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    Yep. He's in a gray area.

How can a hint mean he's obviously returning? All we have is that a lot of fans would like to see him return.
    No Metzen said its likely they're gonna bring him back. And theres a scenario in 5.1 where you head to the black temple, retrieve an artifact and head to the top, where illidan died.

He's better than his hypocrite brother Malfurion and his Prejudice alliance friends
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"