15+ Year Old Account

Feeling Really Weak at 90

Well I finally hit 90 today and I feel weaker than ever as assassination. It probably takes me a good 30 to 45 seconds to take out a mob. I figured it must be my daggers so I ran Arena of Annihilation and got a the 450, then I did a quest and upgraded my other dagger to a 347. Still feeling super weak. When I compare my rogue to my friend's fire mage there's like no comparison. He can take out mobs super quick, and I feel like I'm watching paint dry.

So is this a common experience for rogues? Or just mut? Should I spec something else for questing/dailies?

Haven't Rogues always been pretty gear dependent? Once you're in heroic 5 man gear you'll probably feel a lot better.

That said, mobs in Pandaria generally have a ton of HP, so it will take longer to kill them than mobs from prior expansions.

I generally do dailies with a firend arcane mage to avoid that problem.

Anyway, we have really scaled down a lot with gear - try to get your 463 weapons or even better ones if you're raiding. It eases the pain.

Also i found sub to be pretty effective; i open with CS - Rupture - Ambush and the mob has lost a lot of hp + having all needed debuffs running on him.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

People forget that we all just went from epic Cata gear to green/blue MoP gear. Forget about ilvl for a moment. Obviously you will feel weaker because you don't have all the juicy haste/mastery/crit etc that you used to. On top of that (as mentioned above) yes Rogues are very gear dependant. Then again so are Warriors and they seem to have no issues. There is issues with the rogue class but it gets better as the ilvl increases. Currently my Rogue is 453 in pvp gear with almost all of the blues and 1 epic, it's starting to feel better.

im wondering how stats will explode at the end of MoP i guss we will be seeing items with 2k agi 3-4k vitality and like 1-2k secondary stats ^^
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Deleted
    Get some gear.

I'm now at 476ilevel and the big 600k life daily quest mobs at the Golden Lotus area barely even survive a single Killing Spree anymore, when I'm at moderate/deep insight they won't survive it. I can even pull 2 and cleave them this way.
    Its really hilarious how much we scale with gear. From 440ilevel at fresh 90 to my current 476 I've more than doubled my damage.

My suggestion is, stay assassination till you get some gear (455+), then switch to combat for dungeons and daylies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegirl91 View Post
    I can even pull 2 and cleave them this way.
    Man.. my main is rogue but i am 'little' dissapointed what blizz do with my class. I started lvling my alts: warrior and priest. And with those classes i can get like 5-10 mobs at the same time and kill them before they can kill me.. So good to hear that u can take 2 mobs with your ilvl gear..
    Rogues are broken :/ i dont feel much 'rogue style' in any of our specs. Bad dmg out of shadow dance, lack of control, mechanic like spamming feint to reduce dmg, with Shuriken Toss we can try play as rdps ;P.

Deleted
    Even seeing first few words of thread title on main page, knew this would be about rogues.
    Just terrible at the moment. Will gear up and see but some of the dailies are way more difficult than for other classes with equal gear (and skill).

Deleted
    rogues are just bad at the moment, refusing to play mine (weak, boring, slow paced, 60%+ passive damage) why bother? every other class is in better shape atm
    the less people playing rogues the quicker blizz will do something to fix us

I don't know how other classes felt, but I did feel the same when I hit 90. I quest as combat (however, I did 89-90 as assassination) though because it is still the only spec I can pull 4-5 guys at a time with and not get stomped, and I like being able to fight multiple at a time, even if technically I am not killing them faster, just so I can tag the mobs if I find that many together so other people don't tag them for their own dailies before I finish the first one.

Deleted
    It will be fine once you hit level 90

Oh wait

Betting you don't have deadly momentum glyphed.

Rogues are very poor in the gear level you describe, however- easily the worst of all classes/specs. You will need better gear soonest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AnarchyEU View Post
    rogues are just bad at the moment, refusing to play mine (weak, boring, slow paced, 60%+ passive damage) why bother? every other class is in better shape atm
    the less people playing rogues the quicker blizz will do something to fix us
    rogues are already the least played class at 90. (there are even more monks then rogues). i don't know how much bigger of a red flag we can throw them.

i guess we could always show them how good rogues are doing in pvp right now (oh wait, i meant bad).

Rogue definitely feels down on the questing front, we dont really have the big upfront damage of other classes. My 448 Warrior quests a lot better than my 470 rogue, if you choose to blow all CDs as a rogue stuff will die fast, but my warrior has the same burst but Bladestorm is god like on the AoE front and generally much easier to use.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    Well I finally hit 90 today and I feel weaker than ever as assassination. It probably takes me a good 30 to 45 seconds to take out a mob. I figured it must be my daggers so I ran Arena of Annihilation and got a the 450, then I did a quest and upgraded my other dagger to a 347. Still feeling super weak. When I compare my rogue to my friend's fire mage there's like no comparison. He can take out mobs super quick, and I feel like I'm watching paint dry.

So is this a common experience for rogues? Or just mut? Should I spec something else for questing/dailies?
    Seriusly I can't express this enough: playstyle and how to control your character does it all.
    At lvl 88-90 killing mobs with 400k HP went FLYING, they die SO fast and I can chain kill and take more than one at a time easily. Seriusly it's about spec, glyphs and most importantly skills (or the ability to maximize the usage of your abilities)
    And this is as assassination which IMO is WAAAAAAY faster for questing than sub or combat.