Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    That's a bit more difficult. If you want it to do something regardless of whether you're in an arena or not it's simpler, for example
    [...]
    I can't think of any way to make a second conditional to only fire when not in an arena, however. You'll need to have two buttons for something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xer View Post
    What do you want it to do when you're not in arena?
    I think you can use this to change it to do what you want:
    [...]
    This will:
    In an arena : Target Party1
    Not in arena: Cast Attack Spell at your current target (change this if you want), whether you are in a party or not.
    sorry for wasting your time.
    i scrapped that idea a few hours ago =/

So I had this macro for shadowfiend and it always used to work, and it worked for Mindbender when 5.0 came out, but it doesn't work anymore and I don't really know why. It basically should make my SF/Mindbender attack that target of whomever I happen to be targeting.

#showtooltip Mindbender
    /cast [nopet,harm][nopet,target=targettarget,harm]Mindbender
    /petattack [harm][target=targettarget,harm]
    /cast [harm][target=targettarget,harm]Shadowcrawl

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asyra View Post
    So I had this macro for shadowfiend and it always used to work, and it worked for Mindbender when 5.0 came out, but it doesn't work anymore and I don't really know why. It basically should make my SF/Mindbender attack that target of whomever I happen to be targeting.

#showtooltip Mindbender
    /cast [nopet,harm][nopet,target=targettarget,harm]Mindbender
    /petattack [harm][target=targettarget,harm]
    /cast [harm][target=targettarget,harm]Shadowcrawl
    since you always have the [harm]conditional before the @targettarget, the latter isn't even checked. I wonder how that was supposed to work before.

Code:
    #showtooltip Mindbender
    /cast [nopet,@targettarget,harm][nopet,harm]Mindbender
    /petattack [@targettarget,harm][harm]
    /cast [@targettarget,harm][harm]Shadowcrawl
    should work. I would recommend throwing in some extra nodead with the harm, but that's not necessary.

Deleted
    I think you can shorten it a bit, the conditionals for the last part shouldn't be necessary.

Code:
    #showtooltip Mindbender
    /cast [nopet,@targettarget,harm][nopet,harm]Mindbender
    /petattack [@targettarget,harm][harm]
    /cast [@pettarget,exists]Shadowcrawl

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cleartarget
    /tar Black Ox Statue
    /use [exists] Provoke; Summon Black Ox Statue
    /targetlasttarget

i want a macro that targets enemy arena frame 1 on first hit 2 on second 3 on third hit and resets to enemy frame 1 after 2 seconds

there isnt such thing as a tagetsequence so i dont know if its possible

/target [bar:1,@arena1][bar:2,@arena2][bar:3,@arena3][bar:4,@arena4][bar:5,@arena5]
    /changeactionbar [bar:1]2;[bar:2]3;[bar:3]4;[bar:4]5;1

is what i found so far but it isnt instant cycling
    Last edited by eosgreen; 2012-10-13 at 01:52 AM.

I'm a GM of a large guild and get several invite request per day. What I'm looking for is a macro that will invite someone when they whisper me. I'm not looking for a "mass" guild invite macro or anything like that, just a simple reply-invite macro.

I know this isn't correct, but something like:

"/r ginvite %t"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterSalty View Post
    I'm a GM of a large guild and get several invite request per day. What I'm looking for is a macro that will invite someone when they whisper me. I'm not looking for a "mass" guild invite macro or anything like that, just a simple reply-invite macro.

I know this isn't correct, but something like:

"/r ginvite %t"
    Drycoded:
    Code:
    /run local n=ChatEdit_GetLastTellTarget() if n then print(("Inviting: %s"):format(n)) GuildInvite(n) end

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Drycoded:
    Code:
    /run local n=ChatEdit_GetLastTellTarget() if n then print(("Inviting: %s"):format(n)) GuildInvite(n) end
    You are a genius! Thank you so much

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else having problems with using [mod] in macros now? or just me.

Trying to do a macro for my monks Transcendance

#showtooltip
    /cast Transcendance: Transfer
    /cast [mod] Transcendance

Refuses to acknowledge the mod part =\
    Last edited by Treeskee; 2012-10-14 at 04:54 AM.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Deleted
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod]Transcendance; Transcendance: Transfer

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Anyone else having problems with using [mod] in macros now? or just me.

Trying to do a macro for my monks Transcendance

#showtooltip
    /cast Transcendance: Transfer
    /cast [mod] Transcendance

Refuses to acknowledge the mod part =\
    The reason is that macros commands with conditionals have to come before the one without the conditionals.

What your macro says is "Always cast Transcendence: Transfer. Then, if a modifier key is pressed, cast Transcendence."
    This fails because Transcendence: Transfer triggered the GCD.

Treeston's rewrite puts the [mod] conditional first, which allows the macro to work as you wanted it to.
    Last edited by Taryble; 2012-10-14 at 05:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome! thanks guys.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Deleted
    I'm trying to make a macro that with the first click puts me in Metamorphosis and the second click uses buffs + Imp Swarm.
    The other way around, using buffs + Imp Swarm first and then cast Metamorphosis is pretty straightforward, but I'm not sure how to do this one. This for one doesn't work, as it will cast everything one at a time:

#showtooltip Metamorphosis
    /castsequence reset=15 Metamorphosis, Grimoire of Sacrifice, Dark Soul: Knowledge, Dreadful Gladiator's Badge of Dominance, Imp Swarm

I need to cast everything after Metamorphosis in one click.

Would it be possible to have a macro that, using Control as a modifier, Intervenes a mouseover and Charges the current target?

Thanks for all the help! I personally don't really know how it used to work either because I found this YEARS ago and just have been using it ever since, I personally am terrible with complicated macros.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erinis View Post
    Would it be possible to have a macro that, using Control as a modifier, Intervenes a mouseover and Charges the current target?
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:ctrl, @mouseover, help] Intervene; [@target, harm, exists] Charge
    Should do what you want.

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 09:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
    I'm trying to make a macro that with the first click puts me in Metamorphosis and the second click uses buffs + Imp Swarm.
    The other way around, using buffs + Imp Swarm first and then cast Metamorphosis is pretty straightforward, but I'm not sure how to do this one. This for one doesn't work, as it will cast everything one at a time:

/castsequence reset=15 Metamorphosis, Grimoire of Sacrifice, Dark Soul: Knowledge, Dreadful Gladiator's Badge of Dominance, Imp Swarm

I need to cast everything after Metamorphosis in one click.
    Castsequence can't do that, but you can set it up to work on a modifier or right mouse button.

Code:
    /use [button:2] Grimoire of Sacrifice
    /use [button:2] Dark Soul: Knowledge
    /use [button:2] 13
    /use [button:2] 14
    /use [button:2] Imp Swarm
    /use [button:1] Metamorphosis
    This one will use all the buffs and Imp Swarm (unless GoSac triggers GCD? Not sure on that, but I don't think it does) on a right click, while a left click activates Metamorphosis. Also note this uses both your trinkets (inventory slots 13 and 14). Replace [button:2] with [mod:ctrl] for a CTRL modifier, or just [mod] for any modifier, and remove [button:1] at the end if you prefer not clicking it.

Deleted
    Morning all,

I'm looking for a simple macro but not sure how it would be typed out.

I would like a macro that my tank friend can press which will basically taunt whatever my target is. Something along the lines of targeting my target then casting taunt, as I could be tanking any mob I can't simply use /tar "mob name" as it could be a mob I'm not currently tanking.

Something like... having me as his focus target and taunting the focus's target?

Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by Virana View Post
    Morning all,

I'm looking for a simple macro but not sure how it would be typed out.

I would like a macro that my tank friend can press which will basically taunt whatever my target is. Something along the lines of targeting my target then casting taunt, as I could be tanking any mob I can't simply use /tar "mob name" as it could be a mob I'm not currently tanking.

Something like... having me as his focus target and taunting the focus's target?

Thanks all.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focustarget,harm,nodead] Taunt
    If the unit saved as your focus target's currently targeted unit is an enemy and is not dead then:
    Cast Taunt on the unit saved as your focus target's currently targeted unit

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

Deleted
    Or without the focus, if for whatever reason you could want that:

Code:
    #showtooltip Taunt
    /tar Virana
    /cast [@targettarget,harm,nodead] Taunt
    /targetlasttarget
    I would personally recommend Mordret's macro, but if he needs to use something else as a focus target or if he doesn't remember to set and re-set focus targets whenever it clears (it still clears from zoning, doesn't it?), the above should work just fine. Of course, substitute Virana for whatever in-game name you have.