Thread: Is my raid bad?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezool View Post
    Hardcore is with the mentality, and I'd argue that it is often misused, just like the term "casual".

Nothing beats the term no-life though, people misuse that all the freakin' time.
    They really do, don't they.. I've heard people being called no-lifers for just doing their dailies every day, or capping VP in 3 days (lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    They really do, don't they.. I've heard people being called no-lifers for just doing their dailies every day, or capping VP in 3 days (lol).
    You mean like people arguing in Trade all day everyday, about how they cant be skilled because they have a life?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hezlek View Post
    Hi guys, I'm just coming here for some advice regarding my raid.
    I've recently joined a newly formed "Hardcore" raid group (Yes they do consider themselves hardcore :|), However, Right now we are wiping to NORMAL Garajal, due to the holy paladin being unable to keep us up when the other healer is in the spirit realm.

The top of the DPS on every fight is either our hunter (Normally BM or Survival, Depending on the fight. I'm fairly sure he runs with BM during progress), or Me, an Elemental shaman.

I'm not a great shaman by any means, and I am fairly sure that I shouldn't be topping. I am worried about our other member's skill levels due to this. I have heard that hunters are not that great either. I can attach a world of logs report if you would like to see it.

If that didn't make sense, what I am basically asking is, Does my raid suck?
    I got up to the bold part. In short, yes.

Deleted
    If you think yourselfs hardcore and can't down spiritbinder yet, I'm sorry to say but you are better off going for casual raiding. Hardcore raiding isn't everyone's thing really.

I was checking the logs for the rogue on Stone Guards(as i am playing rogue myself). He's not even @ 40k DPS and is Extremly far below everyone else, yet he's playing Combat on that fight. I am at around 70 - 80 k DPS on that fight, thanks to the Cleave from Blade Flurry. His proffessions are LW @ 1 and Skinning @ 26. Just by looking at your rogue, there's nothing Hardcore about your team. :/

Sorry if i sound Harsh, but good luck in the future, fixing your problems!

10+ Year Old Account
    No problem, haha. Would you consider the ele shaman good enough for a hardcore guild? that's me. The stone guard log may not be ideal due to the tanks being unable to hold aggro, so I had to stop dps there.
    Elemental - Dragonslayer, Firelord, Savior, Delver

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux View Post
    You mean like people arguing in Trade all day everyday, about how they cant be skilled because they have a life?
    Yeah, those people. Seriously, they're so annoying. Though I guess that's why ignore is there.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Looked at the log for Feng, your rogue had only a 54% uptime on RvS which is absolutely horrible, it should be nowhere below 95-97%. He had an uptime of only 67% on SnD which also should be at least 95-97% uptime. Your rogue has some major problems with those two abilities.

Your prot paladin should switch to using Seal of Insight considering how badly Seal of Truth was nerfed, the extra self-healing from it combined with Glyph of Battle Healer makes it very powerful, I'm doing 20k hps while tanking thanks to it. Your prot paladin also should be using Glyph of Divine Protection. Glyph of Alabaster Shield and Glyph Word of Glory are both quite weak. The active tank during the fight should be chaining CDs at the start once the first healer goes into the spirit realm to reduce the strain on the other healer. Paladin tank needs to enchant their bracers and cloak, need to remove the haste reforge from the bracers and change into mastery. Remove reforge from gloves, hit is more valuable than haste. I'd suggest swapping Stay of Execution for Light's Hammer, the AoE healing is handy for the heavy aoe phases on Feng and other bosses(Holy Prism is currently rather broken so don't bother with it).
    This is good advice. I made a couple of changes you mentioned and it's made dungeons a little breezier. OT: I'm not the tank he's referring to, but it's good advice anyway!
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

Deleted
    Don't forget that logs are not to be relied on on this particular fight because of the amount of time people spend in different realms. WoL only show the contents of the combatlog of the person that uploaded

Pretty sure the tank could factor into the reason for wipes, as far as i know anyway, if the Tank isn't saving cooldowns for voodoo doll / when other half are in spirit realm, then that's not helping the holy pala, needless to say though, (i took a look at longest attempt of log) the Hpala is falling behind the resto druid, by 20k, give or take.

Work on helping the pally, if hes someone who accepts help you can easily make a good raider of him, however make sure the tank is using CD's on voodoo phases, haven't read much above, so if this is a repeating comment, sorry xD

from your feng kill, your holy pally only used Divine Plea twice, when the CD is 2 minutes and the fight took 8 minutes. Not a big issue, but if you're saying he's ooming so fast, might want him to take use as many DP as possible. Also, your pally is not saving holy power for Light of Dawn on that entire fight, and instead used it on eternal flame, which seems odd since Feng does so much AoE damage, rather than tank damage.
    Last edited by hplaner; 2012-10-13 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hplaner View Post
    from your feng kill, your holy pally only used Divine Plea twice, when the CD is 2 minutes and the fight took 8 minutes. Not a big issue, but if you're saying he's ooming so fast, might want him to take use as many DP as possible. Also, your pally is not saving holy power for Light of Dawn on that entire fight, and instead used it on eternal flame, which seems odd since Feng does so much AoE damage, rather than tank damage.
    Reading this made me think. DP causes a 50% decrease in healing, and if a healer was overstressed by tank damage, they wouldn't be using that as much. I would take a look a the tanks.