Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why does it seem like everyone quit playing a resto druid

I was trying to find a resto druid from any of the top guilds but none of them have one. The most geared resto druid right now is like 50 out of all the druids in the world. Seems pretty low. To me resto druids are still one of the best but i guess i am wrong. I have been playing resto druid for 6 years now, should i switch to another healer class??
    Last edited by mccdruid; 2012-10-12 at 06:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Top guilds are sitting resto druids for hardmodes. Unless you raid top end or your guild stacks raids you shouldn't have a problem.

As for playing a new class: Do you like your druid? We're lagging behind other classes in multiple areas, but if you enjoy playing a druid keep playing him. For normal progression guilds you'll have enough gear by the time you really need it that you won't be overly hindering your raid by playing the class you like.

Re roll monk and be that hipster for t14 =D

If you step into the arena you will see resto druids by the dozen!

In regards to the healing dilemma, I would recommend at the very least trying the other classes! I started out as a resto druid for the majority of classic/bc, and ended up going shaman in wrath and never looked back!

tree4life :3

I dont think they are bad raid wise, and in pvp they are great atm!
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

15+ Year Old Account
    its odd, in other forums people are saying resto druids are one of the better healers atm, although perhaps they're including pvp in there . . .

i fancied a change after playing resto druid since vannilla so i thought i'd try a disc priest on a different server and different faction :3

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Xets/advanced

Tree for you, maybe not for all fights but still and you don't get more top than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    They do seem few and far on my server as well, but I consistently outheal the resto sham / priest in our raid group by a large margin. Tree's are awesome right now if you ask me, so it's surprising to see so few. Of course this is 10 man, we lose value by a bit when in a 25 man. That may be why.

Definitely good enough for World First 10 man kills Might lack a bit in 25s at the moment but Method has Owld in their progression raids at the moment so...
    Last edited by Ashrr; 2012-10-12 at 04:36 PM.
    Ashr

Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Xets/advanced

Tree for you, maybe not for all fights but still and you don't get more top than that.
    lol thats there boomy

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 01:52 PM ----------

Resto is strong if you have enough mana regen... we are just very weak for spike damage. So in a ten man situation if you are running two healers it is almost better to run too reactionary healers instead of a preemptive heals and a reactionary heals.

I feel like I'm playing my best and I am putting out comparable effective healing, but I do feel like I'm being carried to a degree by my resto shaman partner in our 10 man raids. The inability to burn resources to put out burst healing like every other healer can do really sucks. Chain cast prayer of healing, holy radiance, crane kick + chi burst, healing rain + chain heal...all we can do is wait for wild growth to come off cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post
    I feel like I'm playing my best and I am putting out comparable effective healing, but I do feel like I'm being carried to a degree by my resto shaman partner in our 10 man raids. The inability to burn resources to put out burst healing like every other healer can do really sucks. Chain cast prayer of healing, holy radiance, crane kick + chi burst, healing rain + chain heal...all we can do is wait for wild growth to come off cooldown.
    You can spam rejuv on your partners. It is not burst healing but it is great for spike damage and you will heal for much more than other classes doing this. Druids are supposed to be like this(this is why 2 resto druids in a raid doesn't make sense.) We don't burst heal, but we heal a ton.

I am finding resto druid healing style way more dull than it was tho. Mushrooms don't feel right and is just an additional skill that we didn't need. Harmony on 20 sec makes the spec a serious no brainer and lifebloom doesn't even matter right now. You can let it drop and you won't suffer greatly from that. Without revitalize and any form of refreshment I think we are not able to perform the way we did. Only time will tell if the spec will ever be fun but I am not really enjoying it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawke View Post
    lol thats there boomy[COLOR="red"]
    No, Xets is their Resto. Look at their site and their Garajal kill video, he is healing. Lappe is their boomkin. All of them often switch to offspecs though.

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 04:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    lifebloom doesn't even matter right now. You can let it drop and you won't suffer greatly from that.
    You need it all the time for Clearcasting procs. Letting LB drop is bad, even now. Besides, a 3 stack LB heals for a lot.
    Last edited by Ashrr; 2012-10-12 at 11:28 PM.
    Ashr

Deleted
    Good druid healers will still perform really well. That said, you probably won't see a lot of Trees in the World First race due to how this tier is designed right now.

My guild runs 5 different healers (depending on the boss, attendance etc), funnily enough one of each class, and I'm outperforming them on most encounters. I do realize that's a lot down to the player and not the class, because an exceptional Monk or Paladin would probably outperform me. But I'm squeezing out a lot with the tools I have right now.

And no, don't let LB fall off (unless you really need the spike bloom for some reason). The Cearcasting procs alone are worth the spell, let alone the healing it does.

25 is the problem. Most other healers have strong cooldowns and real aoe heals. Healing 5-8 people on a wild growth is fine for 10's, not fine for 25's. In 10 you can also pretty much just hot the entire raid..
    Last edited by Shamgar; 2012-10-13 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Good druid healers will still perform really well. That said, you probably won't see a lot of Trees in the World First race due to how this tier is designed right now.
    Both the world first guilds had a resto main who participated in the final boss kills There's a chance they played an offspec on the final boss but we have confirmation they healed in certain fights. Great resto druids are viable for world first kills. That being said, you may not see more than one in a raid.

MV is actually pretty good for resto druids. We're far from being the resto shammies of tier 12. It's just that it's better for some classes.

Edit: Just asked a friend in Method. Owld played resto in the Will of the Emperor encounter.
    Last edited by Ashrr; 2012-10-13 at 07:23 PM.
    Ashr

10+ Year Old Account
    It's way better than it used to be. Before 1-2 classes were just shit for the whole tier. Now it's 1-2 classes are shit for different fights. Top guilds won't bring every class to all encounters, but none of the specs are so bad that they are being sat for everything, which is a good start.

At least higher end guilds that aren't top but still stacked raids(just not as much as world 1st guilds) probably won't need to stack raids at all when it comes to healers. They will just bring their best players instead of sitting great players for a better class(outside of the rare fight where someones CD is insanely OP for the mechanics or something).

Deleted
    Resto druids are currently being benched in almost 50% of the encounters since there is no real need for one. We can't contribute with something crucial such as crazy aoe healing (monks), raid cooldowns (disc priests/resto shamans) or tank healing. That doesn't mean we're useless, we just have a certain healing style which isn't needed for most encounters. Druids are supportive healers, meaning that we keep people up while other healers top them off.

In encounters where you need full health quickly to soak a cleave or to avoid being killed next time you're hit, you can't afford to have people at 70% hp and druids are simply not preferred. We excel at high healing whilst moving in fights with a lot of spread out damage, as well as constant damage fights such as Will of the Emperor HC. Our healing is very strong and can compare/beat other healers IF our HoTs get to heal. Most of the time, people get topped off so quickly that we just overheal most of the duration, which is unnecessary and a waste of mana.

What druids need is something to make a difference because our healing simply doesn't cut it anymore; something like a crucial raid cooldown. No, I don't consider Tranquility a major raid cooldown because it can be matched by several other spells and it's no longer unique. We used to be beasts at aoe healing, but with the immense nerf to shrooms and the introduction of monks we no longer shine in that area.

All of the above only applies to top tier heroic raiding where every little bit matters, of course, and if you're raiding normal there's no need to worry as long as you keep up with other healers. It sucks that it has to be this way, but as long as I'm there for the last heroic boss I don't complain. Being benched on so many fights though may result in falling behind in gear, which is another reason to bench us. Very good geared healers are rare since we prioritize gearing our DPS over healers.
    Last edited by mmoc2bfbeaac95; 2012-10-13 at 07:49 PM.

Deleted
    I would say resto druids are just fine if you're not pushing for world firsts. I'm in a 1/6HC guild, and so far I haven't really felt that I'm getting carried by the other healers.

I am leveling a druid (currently level 87) just so I can play as a resto druid. I personally love the gameplay of a resto druid because it forces you to think more long-term than short-term.