Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nameuser View Post
    LOl at everyone trying to make up excuses.

There's a reason a lot of people stopped caring about wow.
    Then why are you still here

Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    EDIT: We're not talking about the USER SUBMITTED REVIEWS on metacritic here (which can be ignored), we're talking about the actual CRITIC Reviews from respected people like IGN, eurogamer and gamespot.
    Lol that was funny.

No one should ever guide themselves by the current critics. They give great games poor scores and poor games great scores.

But yea, the respected part was really something.

I never really take reviews very serious. Not for games or for movies. In fact, I barely read them. So many of them are biased and got a obvious smell of "I dont like this game personally, so im gonna flame it".

You should never base what games you are going to play on these reviews. Never. As I said earlier many writers are biased. Lets say a person who dont like mmos gotta review a mmo. Whats likely going to happen? It will be a bad review.

Everyone should do extented research about games they might want to play. Just skip these bad reviews and just go to the games main page and discover what the game is about, check videos on youtube etc.

I take whats being written here om mmo-champion more serious than those reviews. Yeah. I do.
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

Just because you stopped playing and don't enjoy it anymore, it does not mean that it is a bad game. There are still many many people playing and enjoying themselves. Critic "score" means NOTHING to the individual.

Quote Originally Posted by nameuser View Post
    LOl at everyone trying to make up excuses.

There's a reason a lot of people stopped caring about wow.
    There is also a reason wow has 10 mill subs.

Really, all you people who hate wow so much since you invested months into the game and dont like it anymore, you gotta get over it. Get over the game and move on. Realise that there are OTHER people in the world and they enjoy something you dont.

I hate Forza motorsport, but I enjoyed the first in the series. Does not mean im gonna go on forum and talk shit about the game when in fact alot of people are having fun with it.

Deleted
    we're talking about the actual CRITIC Reviews from respected people like IGN, eurogamer and gamespot.
    <snip>

Mod Edit: Large meme removed.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2012-10-14 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    It's not so much that they're getting worse, it's that they're getting less innovative. By settling into a mold with expansions, people are getting bored and leaving. Simple as that.
    Wait, people are leaving MoP already?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

15+ Year Old Account
    A few months ago I posted a thread asking people to predict review scores for MoP:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-review-scores

The results were indisputable, most people predicted MoP would score 90-94%.

Now look at the score on metacritic: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...ts-of-pandaria

It is around 83%. This is the worst score a WoW expansion has ever had, and way below the expectations of what people predicted.

I'm not trying to start a war of words here, I'm pointed out factual data we now have regarding the quality of the expansion.

EDIT: We're not talking about the USER SUBMITTED REVIEWS on metacritic here (which can be ignored), we're talking about the actual CRITIC Reviews from respected people like IGN, eurogamer and gamespot.
    First, this is an MMORPG, which I'm 100% sure these "respected critics" you are saying haven't played to full (aka. get to 90 and actually do some stuff). The game hasn't been out for a month and what are they reviewing? Login screen?

Second, I don't give a flying fuck about these "respected critics". If I had listen to them about what game is good and what wasn't I would never play some games which got low grades and were much better (at least for me) than those which got good grades.

Third, actual numbers posted by Blizzard on course of this expansion will show was this expansion good or bad. Until then it would be nice if people would restrain themselves of posting these threads.

Deleted
    I bet all the respected critics have seen all content and gotten world first-achievements to back up their verdicts.

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    First, this is an MMORPG, which I'm 100% sure these "respected critics" you are saying haven't played to full (aka. get to 90 and actually do some stuff). The game hasn't been out for a month and what are they reviewing? Login screen?

Second, I don't give a flying fuck about these "respected critics". If I had listen to them about what game is good and what wasn't I would never play some games which got low grades and were much better (at least for me) than those which got good grades.

Third, actual numbers posted by Blizzard on course of this expansion will show was this expansion good or bad. Until then it would be nice if people would restrain themselves of posting these threads.

Yeah you are into something very important. Personal taste. Game got bad review? dont care, I like it. Game got insane good review? Dont care, hate it.

These reviews is more of a issues with games than with movies. Most times it's so obvious that the writer really dont play alot mmo, fps or whatever game he is revieving.

It was downvoted by expert critics e.g. IGN, eurogamer etc.
    After IGN gave SWTOR game of the year for 2011, which it was out for less then two weeks of, they lost any and all credibility. When iit comes down to it the opinion that matters is your own. Do you like the game? If so keep playing it and having fun, if not quit it and move on.

---------- Post added 2012-10-14 at 04:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    I bet all the respected critics have seen all content and gotten world first-achievements to back up their verdicts.
    Check out the dates of the posts many of them posted the day of release, so you know they got some solid info to judge the games quality on. This would be like watching the first 10 minutes of a movie then telling ppl how good it is.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Honestly I find it silly MoP is already being compared to Cataclysm at all. Imo you shouldn't do that until MoP is over and has more patches.

At any rate I'm having way more fun at the start of MoP than I ever had in Cataclysm. Point being, I don't even bother reading critic reviews any more. I used to, when under the impression I should share their thoughts and feelings, then I realised they tend to over-think everything.

This is anecdotal evidence. The figures I've produced have far more credibility.
    I am sure if need be he could get 21 of his guildies to log onto that site and vote also, would that give them more clout?
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven;18745081
    Check out the dates of the posts many of them posted the day of release, so you know they got some solid info to judge the games quality on. [B
    This would be like watching the first 10 minutes of a movie then telling ppl how good it is[/B].
    Thats exactly why I laugh at these kind of threads, and wonder why they are made.

Deleted
    I heard Metacritic is the universal indicator of what the majority of people think.

A few months ago I posted a thread asking people to predict review scores for MoP:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-review-scores
    I'm not trying to start a war of words here, I'm pointed out factual data we now have regarding the quality of the expansion.
    Opinions are not factual data.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what? You play a game because YOU like it.... just like you listen to music you like and eat food you like. Critics can be a bit of a guide but should never be something you decide on. THere have been plenty of movies that have been murdered by critics yet were all time favourites by the public....
    And so far ingame most people think it's one of the best expansions...
    And factual data??? Yeah right!.... So far you're just another troll/hater... have fun with that.

Deleted
    It was downvoted by expert critics e.g. IGN, eurogamer etc.
    Probably because blizz didn't bribe them, like EA does.

I'd believe a user written, well argumented review over IGN and the likes any day. "professional reviews" are plain marketing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's look at the numbers on metacritic.

World of Warcraft: 93
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade: 91
    World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King: 91
    World of Warcraft: Cataclysm: 90
    World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria: 83

Now, I don't know about you fellas, but last time I checked, 83 was a pretty darn high score. Furthermore, the drop in score from Cata to Mists of Pandaria is around 7,8%. The word "substantial" does not qualify here.

Furthermore, add in the fact that has been pointed out by many other already, "professional" critics are biased, and their opinions are not law... Yeah.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

All the reviews are positive. 21 out of 21. IGN and Eurogamer both had very positive things to say about it.

What am I missing here?