Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arridor View Post
    Who says you have to make a D&D bard? If you read more than just the class name from my post, you'd see it uses the flavor of the class (a wandering musician) without being a "pure support" class. As a healer or spell/mobile DPS, it can very well fit into WoW.
    Actually they pretty much don't fit into the thematic elements of the lore for the entire history of Warcraft. In fact there are several older posts, wikis, etc where it has been expressly stated this would be terrible in this game.

At this point it is going to be hard to justify any 'established' classes into the game. I think things from scratch, sorta like the Monk will work best going forward.This way there is an explanation for why we haven't seen any running around. I don't really want to have new classes retconned into the WoW lore, even if they already exist in the established universe.(I'm looking at you Troll druids :P )

Deleted
    Necromancers are a much needed class in a game like WoW. Necromancers are cool!

Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    yepp, people outa play warcraft 3 to get a good view of what the demonhunter is like
    they dont have an excuse. Theres demonhunters in vanilla, a whole bunch in TBC as raid bosses and enemies for Black temple terrace questing, cata had the renewed quest zones have you resurrect one. And iam not even mentioned Illidan.

and...now i see people putting up links related to the Diablo 3 Demonhunter. *exasperated sigh*.

I don't really want to have new classes retconned into the WoW lore, even if they already exist in the established universe.(I'm looking at you Troll druids :P )
    retconed into wow lore even if they were already in wow lore?

Thats not a retcon then. The only reason troll druids and tauren sunwalkers play like other races druids and sunwalkers is the same reason night elf priests play like human priests. ingame consistency.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2012-10-13 at 09:51 AM.

Deleted
    Okay I'm gonna go ahead and answer this question in 5 sentences:
    1-Dragonsworn
    2-Tinker
    3-Battlemage
    4-Demon Hunter
    5-Invoker

I hope this helps everyone make up their mind =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    1-Dragonsworn
    2-Tinker
    3-Battlemage
    4-Demon Hunter
    5-Invoker

All of them, I love the sound of Invoker...can't wait to play my Invoker undead wooh!

---------- Post added 2012-10-14 at 06:59 PM ----------

1-Dragonsworn
    2-Tinker
    3-Battlemage
    4-Demon Hunter
    5-Invoker

Invoker sounds amazing, did you post that class idea on the world of warcraft forums?

---------- Post added 2012-10-14 at 07:08 PM ----------

1-Dragonsworn
    2-Tinker
    3-Battlemage
    4-Demon Hunter
    5-Invoker

Good demon hunter idea too!

---------- Post added 2012-10-14 at 07:09 PM ----------

I would sure as heal play a demon hunter class...!
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duito View Post
    All of them, I love the sound of Invoker...can't wait to play my Invoker undead wooh!

---------- Post added 2012-10-14 at 06:59 PM ----------

Invoker sounds amazing, did you post that class idea on the world of warcraft forums?

---------- Post added 2012-10-14 at 07:08 PM ----------

Good demon hunter idea too!

---------- Post added 2012-10-14 at 07:09 PM ----------

I would sure as heal play a demon hunter class...!
    HAHA that's it m8! Keep ur comments comin XD! Just fyi I am still need to optimize the combat rotations for the demon hunter and the invoker so it means you havent seen them in their fullest =). anyway votes are open and in regards to ur question, no, I am currently not playing WOW so I can't post in the official forums. Anyways, I am only looking for some feedback for now, because I want to make it as good as possible before presenting it to Blizz ^^.

10+ Year Old Account
    HAHA that's it m8! Keep ur comments comin XD! Just fyi I am still need to optimize the combat rotations for the demon hunter and the invoker so it means you havent seen them in their fullest =). anyway votes are open and in regards to ur question, no, I am currently not playing WOW so I can't post in the official forums. Anyways, I am only looking for some feedback for now, because I want to make it as good as possible before presenting it to Blizz ^^.
    Well with your threads, you should space it alittle more and a color and underlining, and bold what needs to be bold

sort of like this post: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...emon-(Defiant)

---------- Post added 2012-10-14 at 07:21 PM ----------

I don't thin your Dragon Sworn idea would make it into the game

---------- Post added 2012-10-14 at 07:22 PM ----------

Your "Tinker" post is well constructed

LIFE

As long as any new class doesn't use caster gear then it should be fine.

It is hard already as a cloth class to gear up sometimes but adding another competitor for non armour type gear will make getting new gear close to impossible.

Deleted
    Demon hunter in xpac 5, training grounds Shadowmoon Valley - 99.9%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelk View Post
    I'm going to go for a runemaster, plate intellect- 2 dps specs and one healing spec.
    Yeah that isn't what a Runemaster is. I refer you here: Runemaster

Personally I would hope for a true Runemaster. I would love to see a role be solely dedicated to support and these could fill that role beautifully and at the same time provide an excellent new melee dps / caster dps roles.

That or Windriders, but Blizz wouldn't do that because everyone would complain that everyone couldn't fly and fight at the same time.
    Last edited by Nonfictionless; 2012-10-14 at 07:42 PM.

Tinker as a mail wearer with guns, and bombs robots, heals based on pain killers and electricity. missles and bombs dps, steamwarrior as a tank, and then a healer who uses a stagger like mechanic. and then Demon Hunter Hero Class with leather, dps, caster, tank = naztherim(sp?), eredar and pit lord respectively.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duito View Post
    Well with your threads, you should space it alittle more and a color and underlining, and bold what needs to be bold

sort of like this post: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...emon-(Defiant)

---------- Post added 2012-10-14 at 07:21 PM ----------

I don't thin your Dragon Sworn idea would make it into the game

---------- Post added 2012-10-14 at 07:22 PM ----------

Your "Tinker" post is well constructed
    I know i need to tidy my threads to be visually captivating lol, I just have been more focused on the mechanics and combat flavour rather than images. But I will take care of that asap! Now why do u think my dragonsworn wouldn't make it to the game?
    Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2012-10-14 at 07:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the next 2 expansions will be focused around old gods and burning legion, so a mail wearer demon hunter time, would make the most sense.

Deleted
    Let's think smart, assuming that they will introduce a new class in the next expansion (i think they will if the next xpac will be the last one ONLY) soo the next xpac most likely will be LEGION themed as alot of things right now lead there, soo in my oppinion the next class is going to be either necromancer or they will introduce a new subclass system as they love to change the talents systems all the time. OR a new type of class, like the druid for example, i havent played soo many mmos but im pretty sure that the wow type of druid is unique.

Deleted
    liked some of the demon hunter concept and ideas, but double wield crossbows? please dont copy d3 demon hunters, wow's demon hunters are nothing alike :P

10+ Year Old Account
    liked some of the demon hunter concept and ideas, but double wield crossbows? please dont copy d3 demon hunters, wow's demon hunters are nothing alike :P
    I wouldn't say that. Not completely at least.

They are both outcasts of society. They both use the demon's powers against them to slay them. Both of these things pretty much form the core of what it means to be a Demon Hunter.

Deleted
    Well I dont take it badly that u dont agree with my choice for a demon hunter spec, but tbh, I think it's the most advantageous situation for the game, would it be done. Think about it. What other options were there? another fel magic based caster? Warlock covers that already. A healer? I dont see how demons can be used for healing(unless someone gives me a solid example lol) nor do I have heard of a demon hunter healer... from what I know, demon hunters are all about fighting fire with fire. Another benefit of a my ranged spec is the addition of another ranged physical class that can compete with the hunter by having the ability to roll on guns and crossbows(ofc they would need to be shrinked with the help of shrinking demons lol, but I guess it works =P). Anyways, I know its not a spec that goes strictly by the book, but I think its plausible, doable and cooler than any other options I heard so far....

10+ Year Old Account
    I know i need to tidy my threads to be visually captivating lol, I just have been more focused on the mechanics and combat flavour rather than images. But I will take care of that asap! Now why do u think my dragonsworn wouldn't make it to the game?
    I have to read it better...I just skimmed before

LIFE

Plate Intellect based DPS is probably something we're going to see soon.

I have a wild guess:

Next expansion there will not be a new class, instead they are giving the fourth spec to every class:

Warlocks - Tank, based on the current experimentations with DA

Mages - Melee dps focusing on Lightning as element

Rogues - Healing spec, themed after Bard. Unique concept of instruments as exclusive spec equipment.

Paladins - Ranged dps spec, themed after Shockadins.

DK - Ranged dps spec, themed more directly at necromancy. Revolves into micro managing several minions at the same time.

Druids - Melee dps, themed after druids of the fang (a reason for them to finally invest on their lore): you spend most time dpsing in humanoid form but activates snake form at key times to apply powerful poisons.

Priests - Ranged dps, themed after exorcism (goes well with demon-themed expansion). Can bring more interesting mechanics to smite and holy fire.

Monks - Ranged dps that uses chi and a bow.

Hunters - Melee dps, hunters will be able to use melee weapons again on this spec, and those old skills like raptor strike will make a comeback. Plus marksman will be reworked to be able to exist petless if the owner wants, with a mechanic similar to grimoire of sacrifice, but only avaliable to MM.

Warrior - Ranged dps spec, with exclusive equipment called "chain-glaive", wich you craft with bladed weapons and a chain. It's a ranged class, but his main attack "glaive toss" has a cast time, so it's like a mage that deals ranged, physical dmg.

Shaman - Tank spec, themed after the earth element.