Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    it's faster to wait 30mins+ to get your group of 8+ into the same bg?

right.

I play with my friends all the time, we just don't take 10 man premades into the same bg together.
    this begs the question, why not?

random bgs don't matter, they don't affect rating and unless for some bizarre reason you are obsessed with your w/i ratio. i can't really see why occasionally getting rolled by a premade is such a big deal. its happened to me, it happenes to everyone, i don't get why people are so insulted by it, you just accept it as part of bging and move on. and its not like you don't have the exact same tools at your disposal to do the exact same thing.

maybe i just hate saying no to my friends
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

it's not really occasional anymore, it's absolutely rife throughout the community.

Seems everyone just went "cant beat em, join em"

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Rated BGs are for premades, use them to play with 10 of your friends. And use random to play with only a couple of friends.
    Problem solved, why still make it so difficult?
    Achievements it's all about the PvP Achievements (and Honor). And there's no easier/faster way than Pre-form AV enabler+Openraid.us
    Last edited by Scooby Dooby Doo; 2012-10-13 at 05:47 PM.

it's not really occasional anymore, it's absolutely rife throughout the community.

Seems everyone just went "cant beat em, join em"
    i really wish you would stop bumping this and being butt hurt about it.

do you really have so few friends that you can't make bg groups with them?

i've rolled full 15 man premades with a 5 man group. i've solo queued into a 13 man premade and forced a loss for them because they pissed me off. i've had amazing fights of 15v15 premades. premades don't guarantee wins, what's more it gives you a chance to relax and pvp with your friends without worrying about your rating.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost all of the "pug" premades have no gear requirement so an organized and geared 5man group will wreck them.

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    i really wish you would stop bumping this and being butt hurt about it.

do you really have so few friends that you can't make bg groups with them?

i've rolled full 15 man premades with a 5 man group. i've solo queued into a 13 man premade and forced a loss for them because they pissed me off. i've had amazing fights of 15v15 premades. premades don't guarantee wins, what's more it gives you a chance to relax and pvp with your friends without worrying about your rating.
    well luckily the drive behind me bumping this isn't subject to your wishes so unfortunately for you this will continue to be bumped as long as this addon exists.

I have plenty of friends, however not all of them are interested in pvp.

People who do premades with "friends" these friends are generally randoms you found from spamming in trade or a thread on forums or people you met on openraid.us

And yeah I've soloed a full 10man team by myself too because I felt like it.

premade vs premade is fine, i'm sure some people out there actually want to do that and that's where you find rbg and arena players.

People using openraid or pre-form are just looking for easy wins with no challenge because they're either lazy or insecure.

I can relax and pvp with my friends using the set rules defined in game by queuing as a maximum party of 5. It often does result in easy wins in 5-15 mans but at the same time we might meet another team of 3-5 and there actually is a fight worth fighting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of agree that this addon should not be allowed. Simply because it is bypassing a game limitation. If blizzard intended people to be able to make premades for battleground finder they would have added the option to queue as an accordingly-sized raid. However, since they have not, and this is kind of lame. This addon should just be broken and never return in any way, shape or form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premades at the core, are a group of people who aren't going to afk or selfishly screw over the team while communicating over VOIP.

1. Blizzard punishes people who afk with the report system.
    2. I highly doubt Blizzard's design goal for BGs is for people to screw over their team.
    3. Blizzard put a VOIP system into the game because they want people to communicate.

According to these criteria, premades fulfill the essence of what Blizzard intended with BGs.

It would be impossible to determine if you were facing a premade or a pug if people worked together and WoW didn't have a PoS VOIP system.

yet the limitation is with 5 people joining the queue at the same time, blue posts also have stated they do not like the use of this addon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Premades at the core, are a group of people who aren't going to afk or selfishly screw over the team while communicating over VOIP.

1. Blizzard punishes people who afk with the report system.
    2. I highly doubt Blizzard's design goal for BGs is for people to screw over their team.
    3. Blizzard put a VOIP system into the game because they want people to communicate.

According to these criteria, premades fulfill the essence of what Blizzard intended with BGs.

It would be impossible to determine if you were facing a premade or a pug if people worked together and WoW didn't have a PoS VOIP system.
    Wow, just wow. I never thought people could be as stubborn as this.

The addon allows people to make a premade group of a certain player level, a full premade of this is not what is intended by the game. Because fighting such a team as randomly compiled BG team is simply not fun.

Deleted
    I have used this addon to get the AV Blitz and wow the amount of times that we had to queue/requeue just to get everyone in was so boring I don't know can people use this all day everyday to power farm for one achievement that is there to reaward who has done bg's over the course of many years. Just stop using this and graveyard camping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Wow, just wow. I never thought people could be as stubborn as this.

The addon allows people to make a premade group of a certain player level, a full premade of this is not what is intended by the game. Because fighting such a team as randomly compiled BG team is simply not fun.
    That's because a randomly compiled BG team doesn't work together and they don't use VOIP. Many premades are randomly compiled with no gear requirement; making them PUGs with VOIP. They even post in BG chat inviting the randoms to join the premade.

10+ Year Old Account
    That makes it an organized raid. Which is a significant advantage over a randomly compiled team.

Also premades more often than not require you to be pvp armored to the teeth. Aswell as putting up proper healer/tank/dps balances.

All in all, it's WAY stronger than what random bg finder does for you, hence it should not be posseble.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    That makes it an organized raid. Which is a significant advantage over a randomly compiled team.

Also premades more often than not require you to be pvp armored to the teeth. Aswell as putting up proper healer/tank/dps balances.

All in all, it's WAY stronger than what random bg finder does for you, hence it should not be posseble.
    You can't use the organized raid argument. Randoms can work constructively and use the in-game VOIP, they just choose to not use the tools available to them.

I've only seen the openraid premades for achievements and HKs have gear requirements. There are plenty of public premades that openly invite anyone who wants to join. The only consideration is proper healer balance (which the game already tries to do).

You can't use the organized raid argument. Randoms can work constructively and use the in-game VOIP, they just choose to not use the tools available to them.

I've only seen the openraid premades for achievements and HKs have gear requirements. There are plenty of public premades that openly invite anyone who wants to join. The only consideration is proper healer balance (which the game already tries to do).
    dont be ridiculous, not everyone has a microphone.

There's no requirements set by blizzard stating you need a microphone to play this game. Plus the voice chat feature is awful and is not compatible with many sound cards.

10+ Year Old Account
    dont be ridiculous, not everyone has a microphone.

There's no requirements set by blizzard stating you need a microphone to play this game. Plus the voice chat feature is awful and is not compatible with many sound cards.
    Not everyone in a premade has a microphone either.

Your problem is with Blizzard's bad implementation of VOIP and not that premades use Vent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not everyone in a premade has a microphone either.
    You can ask for that.
    And most people do.

Really, why you even defend this addon blaffles me.

why are people still using this crap this early in the expansion?
    I enjoy some of the larger battlegrounds typically, and I have around 6 - 8 people who I want to PvP with. I don't want to do RBGs because I'm not really into competitive PvP, so this addon really helps.

the question here is, why isnt preform AV baseline ingame? the whole queuing as 5man is fine is bullcrap, bring back the old system and remove the limit!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    the question here is, why isnt preform AV baseline ingame? the whole queuing as 5man is fine is bullcrap, bring back the old system and remove the limit!
    Because being able to preform against randoms is not fun.

If there was a separate feature, skirmish battleground (rated bg without the rating), i would be all for though.