View Poll Results: How do you think Diablo 3 will fair in 2013 ?

Voters
403. This poll is closed
  • Diablo 3 will be a better game in 2013

193 47.89%
  • Diablo 3 will be a worse game in 2013

69 17.12%
  • Diablo 3 will remain the same

141 34.99%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    I voted: will be a better game (because it cannot get any worse... can it ? )

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    You probably started in the "pickit" days. I ran groups and if anyone didnt leave loot on the ground for at least 3 secs, they didnt get invited to the next game. Kinda like wow before the random server thing.

The thing in d2 was that there wasnt really a lvl cap (cow days dont count, baal leech semi legit cause it takes so long), so a lvl62 item was still good for a lvl 80. We have lvl60+ or trash in d3. There arent enough end game items in d3 because the window is so small. The itemization system is getting better with the proc's but they are still limited by a lack of required stats points to achieve a certain build (dr stormshield sorc stacking str for example). Why can all my chars (not really on dh) use the same wep?

Lack of stat points killed the itemization basically.
    Agreed, the shift away from strong lower level items really hurt the appeal for me. I loved items like Magefist, Bloodfist, Peasant Crown etc. No low level dueling, or dueling of any kind in D3 is a big problem also.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will not come back... after such a long wait d3 came as an insult.
    I only hope blizz learned something and they deliver better stuff in the future.
    I guess they earned alot of $ from sales and RMAH, so I don`t pity them.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn View Post
    Agreed, the shift away from strong lower level items really hurt the appeal for me. I loved items like Magefist, Bloodfist, Peasant Crown etc. No low level dueling, or dueling of any kind in D3 is a big problem also.
    To go along with this idea, even though it is mostly 'artificial', TL2 does a great job of rewarding your play at a low level. It's fun getting set pieces and 'legendaries' (uniques) in your teens and up. It makes exploding the monsters that muhc more enjoyable.

If Diablo 3 actually rewarded your play with anything other than nothing, it would be a great game with the changes that are coming.

I love Diablo 3. It's got some flaws, and every once in a while some stupid *!%$ pops up that makes me wonder what's going on in the devs' heads, but it's a fun game with genuine staying power, in my humble opinion.

I was a big fan of the Diablo series until D3. These are the changes they need to make:

1. Make top end gear account-bound.

Removing the AH won't happen. But the game is terrible when you can completely kit out using the AH. The compromise is allow people to use the AH for mid level gear and top end gear cannot be traded.

2. Dramatically improve the chat system.

Its trash. People need to build communities. They can't in this system.

3. Remove the automatic game-matcher system

The system of creating public games with a name and pass is vastly superior.

4. Endgame should be about finding equipment that define your character.

In D2, you had items that granted special skills or spells, like Enigma granted teleport, or marrowwalks granted bone prison. Or Runewords that granted valkryie or pally auras. It took time to farm them. The hunt for those items kept you going.

Unfortunately, I think a lot of these ideas are firmly in conflict with Blizzards philosophy. So it will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    ...the game is terrible when you can completely kit out using the AH.
    Weird how something you "can" (see: don't have to) do makes the game terrible.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    Weird how something you "can" (see: don't have to) do makes the game terrible.
    Especially when they state they base drop rates and some design around the fact that this feature exists. A very wordy way of saying that they want your freaking money on their RMAH...and no duh. It's probably the only reason Diablo 3 was released at this point.

With that being said, this upcoming patch looks pretty awesome. While it still makes the leveling game kinda completely useless, they are improving the life of everyone who has reached the end. There's not a single new feature that I don't think is interesting. They had to take the time to focus on solving this problem and they have made a great start on it. Not only does it seem like you will be more rewarded for your efforts, but there are things to actively pursue and progress on.

Still not as great as TL2 out of the gate, but I'm glad they are showing some heart somewhere...even if it is just to keep the money printing machine rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I love Diablo 3. It's got some flaws, and every once in a while some stupid *!%$ pops up that makes me wonder what's going on in the devs' heads, but it's a fun game with genuine staying power, in my humble opinion.
    I have to side with this, though with all the system changes in 1.0.5 I have felt like playing has been a little pointless the last little while. Plan to be back at it when 1.0.5 drops when I can find time for it.

all this RMAH stuff is hilarious. I did a search this morning on ceremonial knife with int and socket (no values) and i received 3 items. Sure looks like everyones buying shit from the RMAH.

Edit: EU to be clear.

10+ Year Old Account
    It became dead 2 months after release, D3 is a big flop imo, got bored after 3 weeks.
    Qui a rejeté son démon nous importune avec ses anges.
    -Henri Michaux

RMAH is useless when you can get the same items from normal AH without spending real money (and getting billions of gold isn't a issue for those who play ah regularly).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Diablo 3 will become most played RPG behind WoW in 2013.

Watch patch 1.05 and the jump it will make.

The game could even set new records when the PvP patch will be launched in a few months time.

No problem for the next decade either because D3 is better suited than an mmo to stand the test of present day internet play.

Certainly when it will be launched on consoles...

The fact is that those still playing it, will never leave as long as Blizzard keeps up with these dramatic changes in game play.

D3 post patch 1.05 is a wet dream of sandbox tools incorporated in a gear chase dungeon crawler and the attraction of hitting the lotto numbers is just more icing on the chocolade cake.

More choco please
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-10-16 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    The game could even set new records when the PvP patch will be launched in a few months time.
    I personally disagree. I think D3's player numbers peaked at release, never to be reached again. Not even an expansion will, IMO.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."