Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Actually not that much. But it would make no sense, and show just how wrecked the lore has become.

The alliance for one is having the leader of the humans becoming the defacto leader of all the alliance. You know what that means, it means the humans are the primary race of the alliance because there ruler is now the high king.

And yet your suggesting a none orc, in world of warcraft, the game that is set on as orcs vs humans as its main theme, would work somehow having a none orc stepping into the role as leader of all the horde?

Vol'jin is leader of the darkspears, your expecting him to leader the horde, the orcs and his own people in one go? Think about it a moment.

I'm not put off by it, what I'm put off by is how people just have jumped to the wrong conclusions based on some unrelated subject matter. It feels like people here have just lost the point of what the story is about, which annoys me a lot.
    That being said, can you name one orc that has capability to lead his people + horde by not being a warmongering power hungry twit like Garrosh, yet not as peaceful as Thrall to simply do nothing when an enemy is knocking on your doorstep, not old as hell like Saurfang, member of some dark organisation like Garona or occupied with other priorities in another world like Rexxar?

Just asking.

Tauren! I'm calling it :3 Sunwalker Dezco! We saw his children being born, and we see him with that alliance prince at Arena of Annihilation.

The obvious answer is Medan for leader of the combined Horde/Alliance Consortium so we can stop all the fussin' and a fuedin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    That being said, can you name one orc that has capability to lead his people + horde by not being a warmongering power hungry twit like Garrosh, yet not as peaceful as Thrall to simply do nothing when an enemy is knocking on your doorstep, not old as hell like Saurfang, member of some dark organisation like Garona or occupied with other priorities in another world like Rexxar?

Just asking.
    Saurfang's age is an asset, not a liability.

The only other choices are what... Eitrigg and Rehgar(lol)?
    Nearly every "important" orc is dead, undead, busy, or old.
    Last edited by Lassira; 2012-10-15 at 12:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    That being said, can you name one orc that has capability to lead his people + horde by not being a warmongering power hungry twit, yet not as peaceful as Thrall to simply do nothing when an enemy is knocking on your doorstep, not old as hell, member of some dark organisation or occupied with other priorities in another world?

Just asking.
    Well thats just it, the options aren't there at the moment, and it could still be anyone. There are more faults in the options people are giving because, thinking there the story is heading, you can't very well repeat mistakes of the past, but neither can you make a bigger mistake with the wrong choice.
    As you say, Saurfang is to old now to lead proper. Rexxar doesn't want to rule anything and would be out of character. Nazgrims just a tool who follows Garrosh every word.
    And as for a none orc warchief, it just wouldn't add up, like I say, since the alliance is lead by a human now, having a none orc as the orcs leader? That would fundamentally change the horde. I mean I would not expect a night elf to rule the alliance, that makes no sense.

I think about how metzen said he wanted to do this as a social experiment, but tbh, I think his experiment will backfire.
    #boycottchina

15+ Year Old Account
    I still don't think so. Baine would be a much better Warchief.

- Vol'jin has done basically nothing. He won't stand up to Garrosh anymore for fear of his people, but Baine is willing to stand up (Tauren are farther away from Org than the Darkspear, though).

- Vol'jin doesn't have the right qualities to lead. Baine has learned much in his time from being High Chieftain.

- Baine is/was friends with Jaina, and is friends with Anduin. Vol'jin doesn't have any friendships within the Alliance.

- Frankly, I don't even think Vol'jin would WANT to lead. He isn't the type to want power, if the time came, he'd hand the leadership over to someone who he thinks would be a better leader.

However, I have to agree, it is looking like Vol'jin could end up being Warchief. All of these the above things could change in the novel and the coming patches, but honestly, I'd much rather have Baine as Warchief.

I hope not.. i dont hate trolls, but the WARCHEIF has always been an Orc and it needs to keep being an orc.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Yes, make a stupid troll that never did anything warchief, he cant even control that little island he got conquered by rseoh,jlsheshmselh or whatever his name is.

Actualy, yes, do it. At least horde will finaly fragment into pieces.
    vol'jin is that guy you don't know is gonna kick your ass until after he kicks your ass. and he is going to kick your ass and you're powerless to stop it.

you don't have to wave your dick around to be powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Well thats just it, the options aren't there at the moment, and it could still be anyone. There are more faults in the options people are giving because, thinking there the story is heading, you can't very well repeat mistakes of the past, but neither can you make a bigger mistake with the wrong choice.
    As you say, Saurfang is to old now to lead proper. Rexxar doesn't want to rule anything and would be out of character. Nazgrims just a tool who follows Garrosh every word.
    And as for a none orc warchief, it just wouldn't add up, like I say, since the alliance is lead by a human now, having a none orc as the orcs leader? That would fundamentally change the horde. I mean I would not expect a night elf to rule the alliance, that makes no sense.

I think about how metzen said he wanted to do this as a social experiment, but tbh, I think his experiment will backfire.
    A Troll leading the Horde would be more like a Dwarf leading the Alliance then a Night Elf. Sounds odd right now, but not something we couldn't get used to assuming there was sufficient lead-up content. Heck, back in classic one could almost see Magni as the de facto leader of the Alliance since Ironforge was the faction's main hub back then. It wasn't really until Cataclysm that Stormwind firmly supplanted Ironforge as the capital of the Alliance, even if things had been trending that way for awhile.

As for Vol'jin, he's getting more then a little story development. The next Warcraft novel will be dedicated to him, which indicates that even if he isn't Warchief he's going to have a big role to play going forward.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure about it. My guess is we'll have to wait till April for the actual book, and see what the story is like AND probably wait to see what kind of role he plays when the Trolls/Mogu/Thunder King story hooks get resolved. My guess is that we will know then if he is intended to be warchief or not.

Oh and btw. Giving the Orcs a leader is as simple as posting Saurfang at the throne with some title of Orc leader. It's not like he has to do anything, just be there as a figurehead.

as much as i love vol'jin...he's troll...and having him be warcchief would make orcs not have a racial leader.

Quote Originally Posted by bklutz View Post
    as much as i love vol'jin...he's troll...and having him be warcchief would make orcs not have a racial leader.
    Horde warchief and Orc warchief do not have to be the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jaina Proudmore for Warcheif ofc, she just had a novel and also got and scenario already!

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    Well it kinda would be ackwerd really,

Vol'jin = Trolls
    Sylvanas = Forsaken
    Baine = Tauren
    Hair flip guy that is soon to be awesome in 5.1 = Bloof elf
    ??? = Orc

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananaias View Post
    Calling it now.
    honestly, I would cringe if Vol'jin lead the Horde

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 12:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    yes, but Orgrimmar is an Orc city, the duel capitol of the Orcs and the Horde.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Deleted
    I think the theme is EVERYONE will be duking it out for war chief; Sylvanus, Lor'Themor, Vol;Jin, Baine is staying very neutral but Cairne was always neutral. It is obvious though it will not go to another orc due to ummm Garrosh creating a fourth war. He kills Anduin, invades Darnasseis, nukes Theramore, isolates Dalaran, levels Ashenvale and Kalimdor to the alliance.

The alliance have tried to stay passive aggressive and it has wound them nowhere in fact it got them worse off. I can see Tyrande calling the shots now because she is freaking psychotic.

As for the Horde it will probs be in the final cinematic and the leaders will vote. I can actually see Sylvanus being the final vote and casting it to vol'jin rather than herself. By the lore story last time I think she has learnt her lesson. eith Baine or Vol will get it.

I do believe that the number of Forsaken + Blood Elves + Tauren + Trolls + Goblins + Pandas far exceeds the number of Orcs in the Horde.
    I'd like to see a non-orc leader on the Horde as much as i'd like to see a non-human leader in the Alliance.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Well it kinda would be ackwerd really,

Vol'jin = Trolls
    Sylvanas = Forsaken
    Baine = Tauren
    Hair flip guy that is soon to be awesome in 5.1 = Bloof elf
    ??? = Orc
    What he/she meant was that if the title of Warchief was given to another race than Orc, the Orcs would get a new racial leader.

We'd have a Warchief of the Horde and another guy being the Warchief of the Orcs.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdpride View Post
    I do believe that the number of Forsaken + Blood Elves + Tauren + Trolls + Goblins + Pandas far exceeds the number of Orcs in the Horde. I'd like to see a non-orc leader on the Horde as much as i'd like to see a non-human leader in the Alliance.
    Orcs are still the majority in the Horde.
    The Horde exists because of them.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Orcs are still the majority in the Horde.
    The Horde exists because of them.
    How long do you think the horde would exist if everyone but the orcs left?