Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So Blizzard is finally using their faction leaders to develop them and continue the story inside the actual game? If this is a taste of what is to come this expansion (and others as well), I am pretty darn excited. I am starting to get those "WarCraft 3" wibes again when listening to these clips and to me, that is a really, really good sign. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    When the blood elves finally did join the legion, they were as fodder. Eredar and Draenei are the same race, the only difference is one serves the Legion, point still stands.
    At this point, both have developed significant differences from each other that they can be called different species, I think. Draenei aren't born 20 feet tall wreathed in flames.

I'm sure the Eredar were used as fodder when they first joined as well. You don't join an organization/army at the top.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    At this point, both have developed significant differences from each other that they can be called different species, I think. Draenei aren't born 20 feet tall wreathed in flames.

I'm sure the Eredar were used as fodder when they first joined as well. You don't join an organization/army at the top.
    You do if your talented enough.
    MMO-Champion too bright for you? Give Dark Champion a try.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh please let us get information soon with voice acting from varian .. i really want to hear his reaction.

And i hope its not "RAGE" or something like that but a far calmer reaction a reaction that comes across like a man that just has been shattered to pieces. A high king that lost the last important thing in his life.
    That would set the correct tone to go along with the more patient varian that is shown by the voice acting from tyranda. That hes not rushing into things like a headless chicken.

Archimonde and Kil'jaeden say hi. Also, the legion didnt exist at the point, that was when Sargeras was creating the Legion.

It's seriously about time Blizzard started to add more story in-game and this patch is already shaping up to be great for lore/story. Cutscenes introduced in Cata and now scenarios have def given them the ability to do a better job at it, than with tradional questing.

Can't wait to hear the sound files for Varian whenever they turn up.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    The latest video link on the front page reveals, just how much of a double standard hypocrite Jaina has become.

One moment, she's telling Anduin how she wants to make Dalaran into a beckon for both sides to come together as one. The next moment, after hearing about Anduin, she snaps again, showing herself to be as unstable as Varian, and all she said before being meaningless.

It makes her into a flake, someone who can't hold into her own values despite whatever happens. So if Anduin does live, and she finds out, and then says 'oh well thats ok then, maybe we can get along?', you honestly think the sunreavers should give her any air to breath out her crap again? They should nuke dalaran till is crashes.
    Peace will only happen if both sides can work towards it. Aethas has made it painfully clear now he isn't willing to police the horde in Dalaran. This is the second time the horde has used Dalaran to attack an alliance city.

Theramore was an Alliance settlement. Not a Kirin'Tor outpost. Using that is different. Jaina never used Kirin'Tor resources to attack the horde. She even gave Aethas a second chance, and he wasted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    When the blood elves finally did join the legion, they were as fodder. Eredar and Draenei are the same race, the only difference is one serves the Legion, point still stands.
    Most eredar are just fodder though as well, only the most talented are not.

Most of the Highbourne are terrible (downright noobs, in fact), but the Draenei are at least few in number, so that somewhat balances it out. But, I disagree with his statement that the Draenei are the best Arcane magi; The Blood/High Elves are far more fluent with any magic, I'd wager.
    I wouldn't say that, my guess is going by raw talent they are about equal, both have an incredible arcane heritage.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    The latest video link on the front page reveals, just how much of a double standard hypocrite Jaina has become.

One moment, she's telling Anduin how she wants to make Dalaran into a beckon for both sides to come together as one. The next moment, after hearing about Anduin, she snaps again, showing herself to be as unstable as Varian, and all she said before being meaningless.

It makes her into a flake, someone who can't hold into her own values despite whatever happens. So if Anduin does live, and she finds out, and then says 'oh well thats ok then, maybe we can get along?', you honestly think the sunreavers should give her any air to breath out her crap again? They should nuke dalaran till is crashes.
    You want Jaina to be a passive doormat, endlessly forgiving the Horde no matter what they do. It's getting ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    is like.. everyone forgetting that Dalaran elected Jaina as their leader, per that prophecy? So her picking a side, her sending away traitors, etc etc... are kinda her doing her actual job and.. yaknow... leading?

---------- Post added 2012-10-14 at 10:24 PM ----------

Not to mention she -did- state she wouldn't be neutral as long as Garrosh was warchief. So.... yeah. There's that.

Once garrosh goes bye-bye, Dalaran and Jaina will go back to being Neutral.

Though really, when Jaina needed BOTH the aspect of magic, and green-jesus thrall to stop her from putting Org under a vat of water.... Why cant she just conjure a flame-orb right in Garrosh's face?

Quote Originally Posted by anisadora View Post
    is like.. everyone forgetting that Dalaran elected Jaina as their leader, per that prophecy? So her picking a side, her sending away traitors, etc etc... are kinda her doing her actual job and.. yaknow... leading?

Not to mention she -did- state she wouldn't be neutral as long as Garrosh was warchief. So.... yeah. There's that.

Though really, when Jaina needed BOTH the aspect of magic, and green-jesus thrall to stop her from putting Org under a vat of water.... Why cant she just conjure a flame-orb right in Garrosh's face?
    I don't know. The only reason that Dalaran was neutral was because they wanted the help of the blood elves magic wise in the nexus war. With the Sunreavers ousted in such a controversial way, I doubt they'll want to rejoin even if Jaina offers and apologizes. MAYBE if the rest of the council overthrows Jaina, but I don't think a Jaina led kirin tor will become neutral again.

Which is fine with me. I find this more interesting than the Kirin Tor ending up as the arcane magic version of cenarian circle/argent crusade/earthen ring.
    Last edited by Florena; 2012-10-15 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    You want Jaina to be a passive doormat, endlessly forgiving the Horde no matter what they do. It's getting ridiculous.
    I think Lor'themar's right on the mark. Alliance war mages are probably allowed to pass through Dalaran without any problem. It's only when it's Horde that there's a problem.

Well to be honest the Iris was a very good help back then

But ya...Jaina is one of the very few that can port anywhere...hell she can port into garroshs bedchamber and flame him while he sleeps.
    While this is possible in a non mmo game it would lead to massive outrage in an mmo (and justified even tho i dont like the horde much and garrosh not at all)

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    I think Lor'themar's right on the mark. Alliance war mages are probably allowed to pass through Dalaran without any problem. It's only when it's Horde that there's a problem.
    Maybe, maybe not. We'll have to see the content in game. Either way the Kirin Tor has been leaning Alliance since Rhonin leant his aid to an Alliance city. Even refusing to go offense on the Horde, the Kirin Tor technicaly broke its neutrality before Jaina even took office.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Please link me the Loreparts where the Alliance used Dalarn to transport troops directly into a warzone.
    We are not talking about 2-3 people walking around minding their own business.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    Please link me the Loreparts where the Alliance used Dalarn to transport troops directly into a warzone.
    We are not talking about 2-3 people walking around minding their own business.
    Please show the part of my post where I confirmed it as being a fact? I merely expressed my agreement with Lor'themar's statement that the Alliance was likely transporting Alliance war mages through Dalaran. His tone suggests he's not implying war mages strolling around on personal business.
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2012-10-15 at 06:22 AM.

It's unlikely that Dalaran was being used for anything akin to sending Alliance members to a Horde city. Anduin and Jaina's conversation suggests that Jaina is not throwing the full support of Dalaran behind the Alliance, though it's also apparant she's giving some limited aid as she was sealing off Darnassus from Horde entry. So I doubt the Alliance was infact ferrying war mages about unless the SC was up to the same shenanigans as the sunreavers.

Deleted

if they keep making alliance heroes go neutral il puke :/

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    This, this, this, this.

If anyone thinks it's out of character or stupid for Jaina to be pissed at the Horde by now, then I don't know what to say. The horde has brought it upon themselves and now they finally get what they want.

If anything, it'd be 2D if she kept forgiving the horde even after doing to her what they have done.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

Ok this expansion develops great! I am close to forgive them for the kill-30-sprit-things-for-golden-lotus-quest-in-a-full-pvp-server fuck-up!