Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Blizzard should rename Strand Of The Anicents.

I guess most of the wow players did like me when MoP released, BLACKLISTED Strand of the Ancients. I've never understood how they could make such an crappy bg, did they fire all the designers from the bgs before WOTLK and hire som new cheap ones?

Anyway, yesterday I for removed the blacklist on it because I was so tired of getting in to the new shitty bg, Silvershard Mines. And ofcourse I got Strand of the Ancients 6 times in a row. EVERY SINGLE PLAYERS IN THE BG WERE BOTS. Not one of them were humans, not one.

So, Blizzard. Just rename it to Strand of the Asians.

made me giggle
    Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin.

I think Blizzard need to up the count for blacklisting BGs. Seems like I lose a lot in Silvershard Mines, Temple of Kotmogu, Strand of the Ancients, Twin Peaks, and Battle of Glineas. All I can do is block two of them. For me, Horde is generally derp around those BGs and Alliance tends to beat us regardless of skill.
    My General Gaming Blog *Latest Updated: 9/25/14*

Deleted
    Am I the only one around here who likes SotA`?

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate every single BG. BGs are stupid as hell. But when SotA came out, it was fun as hell, until they hotfixed it so Alliance won everytime for the next 4 years. Sigh.. it was nice winning every match for awhile.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Deleted
    SOTA gotta be the hugest disappointment i ever had in WoW. When i first heard vehicle pvp i thought "holy sht that sounds cool".

Deleted
    I didn't mind it so much at the start, but saying as everyone other bg was SoTA i began to hate it quite quickly

I blacklisted Alterac and Isle of Conquest. I would also blacklist SotA if I could.
    In both BGs, Alterac and IoC, people try to avoid the enemy, so it's basically a PvE thing. It's even worse than that, most of the time you are riding on your mount or just wait. This is horrible BG design.

Good BGs allow you to instantly engage your enemy, have very short ways and allow you to fight with your character and not with some crappy vehicle.
    So indeed I like the two new BGs the most. No downtime riding on your mount or waiting for something to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you are not the only one who likes it. To me, it was always a small, fast paced, high hk version of Wintergrasp, and the fact that it lasts only 20 minutes tops if both side fail, and on average only lasts about 10, was good back when I didn't have much time to play but I wanted to farm as much honor as I could. Its fast, its zergy, and for me its really just a simple, relatively bg where you can relax, hit some tanks, and farm some hks.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonasknepper View Post

Nope. Imo it's one of the best bgs ever made. Even though Horde (in my pool) seems to loose 90% of it. With a 100% loosing rate vs. German groups. But anyway I like it aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Yonasknepper View Post
    I like SotA aswell, but I got very dissapointed when they nerfed the tanks.

Strand was pretty fun when it was first released. Now, everyone pretty much ignores how it works.

Me personally, I have blacklisted Twin Peaks and WSG. Any BG with a flag. No more sitting in turtle matches while the bear tank holds the flag with 7 healers on him. I used to be a fan of AV and Isle of Conquest too, but once again, everyone ignores the mechanics and it's just a huge zerg. WTB 2 more blacklist options!

The 2 new BGs for MoP feel a bit small, but as Sarevoc said, getting to jump right into the action without much downtime is awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Same here.

Deleted
    The only pvp BG i dislike is EOTS. Tho im not sure why i hate it. Is it the color? Is it the map? Is it thunderstorm making you fly away as if youre in a mount? Nah. Something else.

SOTA can be fun at the yellow gate, i mean, REALLY fun totally ignoring tanks and just go full pvp but getting it 90% of the time, i would cheer if it got deleted one day.

Basically, i like the SOTA map but getting it all the time and those vehicles are pissing me off. Would be nicer to just lay bombs. (Buffing it ofcourse).

Strand of the Ancients was awful before botting/AFKing became so common in BGs. Probably the worst designed BG ever, although AV comes in at a close 2nd place (at least it USED to be good).

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i enjoyed it at first. but it quickly became more about who had the most mages wins battle

Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    riding on a tank as ranged dps was just amazing, it gave like a 35% damage buff as well i'd use full pve gear on my ele shaman....if ppl came to kill it, i'd 2-3 shot them, would end up killing almost their whole team 1by 1 before they got the demo down.

now its just boring

Believe it or not, I LOVE SOTA! The 2 BG's that I've blacklisted are Alterac Valley and Arathi Basin just because people fuck around and don't know what the fuck to do to win most of the time. WTB Vanilla AV!

10+ Year Old Account
    strand was fun when it took more than 1 person to take down a vehicle. now its a coin toss whether it'll be a botfest or a turtle/draw

functioning as intended, go play your pandas and battlefrogs

Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    I hate every single BG. BGs are stupid as hell. But when SotA came out, it was fun as hell, until they hotfixed it so Alliance won everytime for the next 4 years. Sigh.. it was nice winning every match for awhile.
    Yes, they hotfixed it so one faction would win it.

I liked it when it was first out, but the changes make it lame. I've had Horde storm through in about 45 seconds and that was WITH Alliance actually trying to stop the siege engines rolling along faster than you can run.