Thread: NCAA football

Page 41 of 141 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    No. 22 Texas A&M at No. 23 Louisiana Tech: Not often you see two ranked teams not make the national TV, but alas. Would be fun to watch. I haven't seen Louisiana Tech play yet, but I heard it's a fun watch. Speaking of fun watch:
    Florida Atlantic at Louisiana-Monroe: ULM was so close to being ranked. Unfortunately, this isn't on national TV either, so nuts. They're fun to watch. Two spread quarterbacks in the backfield at the same time, one left-handed, one right. It's quite entertaining
    Texas A&M vs Louisiana Tech will be on ESPNU, as well as ESPN3.

Also, ULM wasn't even remotely close to being ranked. They had zero votes in the AP, 3 in the Coaches, and 2 in the Harris. Or are you saying they would've been ranked had they beaten Auburn and Baylor?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finangus View Post

Also, ULM wasn't even remotely close to being ranked. They had zero votes in the AP, 3 in the Coaches, and 2 in the Harris. Or are you saying they would've been ranked had they beaten Auburn and Baylor?
    Had they beaten Baylor, they would have likely been ranked.

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 12:40 AM ----------

This is just messed up. Some of the BCS prjoections make no sense. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--...n-its-way.html

Florida at number 1 boggles my mind, and this is coming from a Gator fan. They beat an overrated LSU team. Bama beat an out-of-conference competitor in Michigan. I can see Notre Dame being that high, given their schedule, but it still doesn't really make any logical sense.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Yes it would. It would be a far more impressive achievement than anything Oregon has done. Oregon has played one road game and looked terrible. South Carolina has also looked wildly mediocre on the road. A win at LSU this week is far more impressive than Oregon beating up on nobodies at home so far this year. Oregon has one impressive win this year, the blanking of Arizona. As of right now, South Carolina's best win, against Georgia, is so ridiculously far ahead of Oregon's best win it is a joke. A win @LSU gives them two far more impressive wins. Frankly that is more than Oregon is going to have this entire season if they run the table. USC looks beatable and nowhere near the juggernaut I was expecting. Stanford is beatable. The rest of the PAC is decent enough, but is at best comparable to the SEC.

The good news is the argument is irrelevant since there is no way South Carolina makes it through the season unscathed while Oregon absolutely can. The head ball coach is so overrated.
    LSU has been at best laxidasical this entire season. Close games against shitty opponents and poor wins over mediocre ones don't make any kind of victory win for South Carolina. Granted, SC has played more highly ranked opponents than Oregon currently, but they'll hit the same number by the end of the year. The SEC isn't looking great this year, any more than the PAC-12.

I agree, though, that right now the win over Georgia is better than anything Oregon has done. And yeah, until the end of the season we just won't know. Oregon being second on the BCS wouldn't be an entire travesty of justice. I think I'm just tired of people saying that Oregon (and therefore the PAC-12) can't hang with the SEC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finangus View Post

I don't consider either of those "national TV". Most basic cable packages don't come with ESPNU (so you'd have to pay extra for it) and ESPN3 is online, and requires a cable package already (which never made any sense to me).

Well now, I think that definitely proves who's better between Oklahoma and Texas. What a beat-down .

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Texas Tech destroying WVU in the first half; wonder how many other high-ranked teams are gonna struggle this week...
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

10+ Year Old Account
    Bama/Missouri game suspended for 30 minutes. Shortened halftime, so Saban didn't have time to yell at his team for two fumbles and a bobbled punt.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do believe Stanford just got robbed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayl View Post
    I do believe Stanford just got robbed.
    Uhm, I missed the end of that game. Damn it. Should of just watched it.

Bama/Missouri game suspended for 30 minutes. Shortened halftime, so Saban didn't have time to yell at his team for two fumbles and a bobbled punt.

Caught the tail end of that one, some kid suplexed the hell out of another one with about 5 minutes left on the clock which made me laugh - the injury at the end though looked pretty grim!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like LSU's gonna come away with the win.

On the topic of the Stanford/Notre Dame game, coming from someone who does not care about either team, it looked like on fourth down that he rolled over another player and then stretched his arm and the ball over the line. More importantly though, it just continues to prove how completely incompetent and useless Lou Holtz and ESPECIALLY Mark May are. Nobody needs this worthless piece of John Madden times ten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like LSU's gonna come away with the win.

On the topic of the Stanford/Notre Dame game, coming from someone who does not care about either team, it looked like on fourth down that he rolled over another player and then stretched his arm and the ball over the line. More importantly though, it just continues to prove how completely incompetent and useless Lou Holtz and ESPECIALLY Mark May are. Nobody needs this worthless piece of John Madden times ten.
    What do you mean by that? I know they were pretty biased in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    What do you mean by that? I know they were pretty biased in the game.
    Exactly. These people are paid to analyze these games. As terrible a job as they normally do, they can't let this shit get in the way. It's not entertaining, it's annoying. It's not professional. So what good are they?

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly. These people are paid to analyze these games. As terrible a job as they normally do, they can't let this shit get in the way. It's not entertaining, it's annoying. It's not professional. So what good are they?
    Well yeah. As a Seattle fan I pretty much know that first hand with John Madden. Good god everytime we were in the playoffs it was like a constant barrage of bias from him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Well yeah. As a Seattle fan I pretty much know that first hand with John Madden. Good god everytime we were in the playoffs it was like a constant barrage of bias from him.
    At least with Madden it is still entertaining. Lou Holtz is terrible and always has been terrible. Also, ya Stanford would have tied that game. Looked like he scored to me. Other thoughts: God MSU looks awful. Their offense might as well just not even take the field. Wish I could have watch the AM/LA Tech game. Looks like that one was pretty crazy. WTF WVU. Only a couple more weeks until Bama has to play a real team for the first time since week 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first BCS rankings are out, and as I've said time and time again, Florida is ranked too high. As is Mississippi State. The only thing the have going for them is three in-conference wins, but it's all bottom-tier teams. This week they play Middle Tennessee State, and after that we'll see what they can really do. I'm also very surprised to see Iowa State so high. Ohio an Louisiana Tech deserve a top 25 spot as much, if not more than they do.

15+ Year Old Account
    The first BCS rankings are out, and as I've said time and time again, Florida is ranked too high. As is Mississippi State. The only thing the have going for them is three in-conference wins, but it's all bottom-tier teams. This week they play Middle Tennessee State, and after that we'll see what they can really do. I'm also very surprised to see Iowa State so high. Ohio an Louisiana Tech deserve a top 25 spot as much, if not more than they do.
    Florida has high quality wins over then ranked Tennessee and against LSU. Two is probably too high for who they actually are, but at this point in the season they have a more impressive resume than most teams in the top 10. Alabama has one quality win against an overrated Michigan team in the first week. Oregon has two wins against low top 25 teams. KSU only played Oklahoma while ranked. Frankly Notre Dame has the most impressive resume with three wins against top 18 ranked schools. Margin of victory isn't computed. It will all shake out in the end, and ya Florida will probably drop with a loss or two, but right now I think Bama is the most over ranked on what they have done this season alone. I don't get the Cyclones rank at all. They have a good win against an overrated at the time TCU and a close loss to KSU. Not overly impressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that Notre Dame has the most impressive resume so far, and will by the end of the year. If they survive that gauntlet, they deserve a national title shot. However, most SEC teams are just now getting to their bulk, so in a couple weeks there's no telling. I would love for Mississippi State to somehow go undefeated. Otherwise, Bama's schedule is fairly weak. It's LSU and MSU. Plus whoever wins the East.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait wait wait ND has beaten Big Ten teams.... I'm not even going to start with that and the other "quality" win was against Stanford who lost to Washington and it took them an overtime to win such game against Stanford. Having said that I would have keep the ducks at 2 and the gators at 3 ND will probably lose against the Sooners,USC, and possibly Pitt.

I agree that Notre Dame has the most impressive resume so far, and will by the end of the year. If they survive that gauntlet, they deserve a national title shot. However, most SEC teams are just now getting to their bulk, so in a couple weeks there's no telling. I would love for Mississippi State to somehow go undefeated. Otherwise, Bama's schedule is fairly weak. It's LSU and MSU. Plus whoever wins the East.
    There's no way Sate goes undefeated. They've scraped by in games against sub-par teams. They won't beat Bama and they won't beat LSU. TAMU will be a good game. Arky is looking better (granted it's been against Auburn and KY). The game against Ole Miss is in Oxford and it's gonna be a tough one. Miss. State is not undefeated good, they're not even 7-0 good. Their scheduler should get MVP of the season.

I think TAMU is better than Miss. State and will be a tougher game for Bama.

On the Stanford/ND game - I also don't really care about either team, but it looked like Stanford got robbed to me. On the 4th down the guy with the ball didn't look like he ever touched the ground. Maybe they wouldn't have won still, but they deserved another go round to try.

I'm kind of lackadaisical about most of the teams in the running for the National Title. No one has a truly trying schedule. Still, just from watching all the top dogs roll over their competition, Bama looks the most impressive. They've beaten all but one team by 20 points or more, and all but two by 30 points or more. They're just flat out dominating. Oregon has some similar win margins, but they're allowing a much higher average number of points. Oregon/USC will be a fun one and a decision maker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lylyth View Post
    There's no way Sate goes undefeated. They've scraped by in games against sub-par teams. They won't beat Bama and they won't beat LSU. TAMU will be a good game. Arky is looking better (granted it's been against Auburn and KY). The game against Ole Miss is in Oxford and it's gonna be a tough one. Miss. State is not undefeated good, they're not even 7-0 good. Their scheduler should get MVP of the season.
    Arkansas has Tyler Wilson back, so you can't call them completely washed up. I don't really think Miss. State will go undefeated, I just thought it'd be interesting to see. Imagine sticking them in the national title game