Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Not necessarily. From what I heard, there was a powerful artifact (divine bell?) in Darnassus for some reason. The shield may have been put in its location to prevent anyone from getting it. When it is stolen, Jaina even thinks at first that it was an inside job, that the thief was in Darnassus. Protecting an artifact is not an act of war or breaking neutrality. Neutrality does not prevent any form of cooperation between two governments. It all depends of what the Night Elves wanted to do with the bell.
    It doesnt change the fact that she was protecting alliance city. Why not put it on neutral grounds. But no, they had to give it to Elves. Never trust someone with pointy ears.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not necessarily. From what I heard, there was a powerful artifact (divine bell?) in Darnassus for some reason. The shield may have been put in its location to prevent anyone from getting it. .
    She is aiding one of two factions that are currently at war.
    That is far from neutral.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Their oldest alliances are with Lordaeron and the human kingdoms.
    Older yet : Azshara.

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 11:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    It doesnt change the fact that she was protecting alliance city.

From what ? For what purpose ? That's the question.

Older yet : Azshara.
    The High/ Blood Elves were never in an alliance with Azshara. Kael'thas was in one with Illidan (and by extent, Lady Vash'j), but the only tie the Blood Elves have to Azshara is blood.

From what ? For what purpose ? That's the question.
    It doesnt matter for what reason. Point is, she was knowingly protecting it from the assault of the opposing faction, thus she picked the side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    She is aiding one of two factions that are currently at war.
    That is far from neutral.
    Red Cross may help countries that are at war. A neutral country could send medications to a country at war without breaking its neutrality. It could also share scientific knowledge and work in research with a country at war without breaking its neutrality.

Deleted
    Old alliances? The Burning Legion?

Red Cross may help countries that are at war. A neutral country could send medications to a country at war without breaking its neutrality. It could also share scientific knowledge and work in research with a country at war without breaking its neutrality.
    That's different. She was actively protecting the city, under her personal protection. She wasn't letting any Horde in or out. Hell, she killed rogues. That's not neutral.

Neutral would be offering the same supplies to both sides (medication, magical research, etc), not giving one side her personal protection and attacking the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    It doesnt matter for what reason. Point is, she was knowingly protecting it from the assault of the opposing faction, thus she picked the side.
    Sorry, but we don't know that yet. We do not know A) what is the Divine Bell, B) what is its use C) why was it in Darnassus. At least I don't know that. It may have been a protection against anyone to protect the artifact. She may have been there to study it, as someone pointed out, or to give advices about it.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    That's different. She was actively protecting the city, under her personal protection. She wasn't letting any Horde in or out. Hell, she killed rogues. That's not neutral.

Neutral would be offering the same supplies to both sides (medication, magical research, etc), not giving one side her personal protection and attacking the other.
    Its kinda like how the US acted before Pearl Harbor
    They were technically "neutral"
    Yet they still supplies Britain with tons of supplies, and even harrased and attacked German subs.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    The High/ Blood Elves were never in an alliance with Azshara. Kael'thas was in one with Illidan (and by extent, Lady Vash'j), but the only tie the Blood Elves have to Azshara is blood.
    Blood Elves are corrupted High Elves, named Quel'dorei, the Highborne. They came to the eastern continent by following Dath'remmar Sunstrider, a Highborne formerly loyal to Azshara.

Blood Elves are corrupted High Elves, named Quel'dorei, the Highborne. They came to the eastern continent by following Dath'remmar Sunstrider, a Highborne formerly loyal to Azshara.
    I know the backstory of the Sin'dorei. ANd that's why I said the only tie they have to her is blood, the Blood Elves (or High Elves) have never been allied with Azshara.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know the backstory of the Sin'dorei. ANd that's why I said the only tie they have to her is blood, the Blood Elves (or High Elves) have never been allied with Azshara.
    Yeah, I wouldt say they were "allies", as they were one and the same.
    Then again that was thousands and thousands of years ago.

the highbourne who later became the high elves/blood elves were the ones who rebelled against azshara and allied with malfurion and whatnot. after they all defeated the burning legion the druids forbid them from using arcane magic despite the fact that they helped them and didnt plan on abusing it. in an act of protest they created an arcane storm and malfurion exiled them.

considering the naga allied with kael'thas at the sunwell i doubt they were talking about azshara
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    It could just be as simple as Theron extending the olive branch out to Varian et al when it becomes Everyone vs Garrosh. The guy was a former Alliance hero in the Second War, after all...

You know, tipping the Alliance off about the specifics of the budding rebellion.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2012-10-15 at 11:36 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the highbourne who later became the high elves/blood elves were the ones who rebelled against azshara and allied with malfurion and whatnot.
    I think that parts a lil wrong

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 11:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    It could just be as simple as Theron extending the olive branch out to Varian et al when it becomes Everyone vs Garrosh. The guy was a former Alliance hero in the Second War, after all...

You know, tipping the Alliance off about the specifics of the budding rebellion.
    Maybe, but he dsnt seem to happy about humans at the mo, or at that moment in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the highbourne who later became the high elves/blood elves were the ones who rebelled against azshara and allied with malfurion and whatnot. after they all defeated the burning legion the druids forbid them from using arcane magic despite the fact that they helped them and didnt plan on abusing it. in an act of protest they created an arcane storm and malfurion exiled them.

considering the naga allied with kael'thas at the sunwell i doubt they were talking about azshara
    To rebel against someone, you must have been loyal to him first. Anyway, I don't believe Theron was speaking of another alliance than the one he already has with the Horde. He wants to reconsider his alliance with the Horde. He wants Quel'thalas to stand on its own. The High/Blood Elves always were isolationists. Not as isolationist as Gilneas, but still.

To rebel against someone, you must have been loyal to him first. Anyway, I don't believe Theron was speaking of another alliance than the one he already has with the Horde. He wants to reconsider his alliance with the Horde. He wants Quel'thalas to stand on its own. The High/Blood Elves always were isolationists. Not as isolationist as Gilneas, but still.
    Not neccisarily. The pandaren rebelled against the Mogu despite not being loyal to them, they were just forced into slavery. Threall lead a rebellion against the humans to free his people from the internment camps, etc. It doesn't indicate loyalty, only that the on you're rebelling against holds some sort of power over you and you want to change that.

10+ Year Old Account
    pretty much this, thats the idea I got from it. Theron was just calling it that he is looking at the pack he made with the horde to be wearing thin with Garrosh leading it.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    if the explosion was as big as you say it was supposed to be, then it would have wiped out the Horde along with Theramore.
    Hah! You think Garrosh wouldn't wipe out scores of his own horde to kill the alliance leaders gathered at Theramore? You think a little too highly of the bastard. His new little pet blackrock orc killed two high ranking commanders of the blood elf and forsaken forces because he thought they might have bad mouthed Garrosh behind his back. And everyone that was with them in the inn in Razor Hill.