10+ Year Old Account
    Is windsong a good sub for weapon enchant while you get shards?

It procs haste+crit for me fairly often.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Is windsong a good sub for weapon enchant while you get shards?

It procs haste+crit for me fairly often.
    Nice thing is it can procc all the buffs at once too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    Nice thing is it can procc all the buffs at once too.
    yup, was using Windsong and Collosus, but then got a new weapon and switch to dual Windsong....

omg so many procs it's awesome, and it grants a fairly nice amount of stats so you can notice when it's up.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurhlag View Post
    It also counts the stagger damage you take as your own damage so if you want to rank high don't ever press PB
    Haha sure your healers would just love that but would be a sneaky trick to pull if your raid can handle the extra damage. I mostly clear soon as I hit Moderate stagger and ranked on Stone Guard this week.

Was told I was easier to heal than our warrior but WoL are kind of hard to figure out exactly where you stand on damage taken cause of the messed up ways it counts our heals/shields/stagger. I guess you have to subtract out absorbs + stagger to get the true "damage" taken number?

I was having trouble with Dizzy'ing Haze too and our over eager rogue got shanked a few times until I realized DH was basically generating zero threat. Would be nice if the debuff proc'd on bosses I always figured that was counted in to our over all mitigation/damage as a class.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Deleted
    To reply to enchants - I'm running Colossus mainly because I'm more comfortable with it, I will however switch to the 1650 agility proc once I get suitable weapons (still 2x 463 fists after 2 weeks of raiding, and using bonus rolls on all bosses that can drop weapons).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalya View Post
    To reply to enchants - I'm running Colossus mainly because I'm more comfortable with it, I will however switch to the 1650 agility proc once I get suitable weapons (still 2x 463 fists after 2 weeks of raiding, and using bonus rolls on all bosses that can drop weapons).
    How are you finding Colossus? I've been debating from switching to it from windsong.

Also you'll hate me for this. I have x2 fist weapons off the Spirit binder and 2 Polearms from the 4 kings. Depending on how you look at it, Them bonus rolls suck. ;p

So I've tanked about six or seven heroic dungeons on my Monk. I stack expertise, hit, agi, haste, the classics. I have a decent uptime for shuffle, and move into health globes. Today in SM (The one with the new Herod), we wiped on the boss that does the tornado, and my group said it was because I have no mitigation gear on. I responded with "You obviously have no idea how a monk tank works", they respond with "Neither do you." then remove me from the group.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is that boss a beast in general? It seems like he hits like a truck on my monk. Currently 455ish gear.

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

Were you dying before anyone else due to his base attacks or did you stand in Tornado?

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Were you dying before anyone else due to his base attacks or did you stand in Tornado?
    We ended up killing him on our second try. I was taking a ton of damage from him, just from normal attacks + mobs. I didn't stand in Tornado. Just checkin to see if anyone else noticed him doing a lot of damage or if it was just me. >.>

Also, the three people that were clowning me were all friends from what I gathered. I think they might have been saying the crap because the healer was really really bad (I almost died on the first pull of the dogs >.>)

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

10+ Year Old Account
    The blue posts today about Windsong leads me to believe that using a 2-hander with Windsong is going to be the strongest wep/enchant combo Brewmasters have. If I recall Colossus was simming pretty high, but with the new RealPPM system for Windsong.

From Zarhym:
    In this case, it refers to the highest of your casting speed multiplier, or your attack speed multiplier. So, haste rating, increased attack speed effects (such as the attack speed raid buff), pure haste (such as Heroism or Bloodlust), or even Mind-Numbing Poison will all affect it.

With the 40% increased attack speed from using a 2-hander this seems like it will be multiple proccing constantly.

The formula in question is
    2*haste*(time since last chance to proc capped at 10)/60=chance to proc

So in my shitty 452 equipped gear(haven't gotten our raid group going yet) I have just under 51% haste. Using both extremes of 0 seconds(just procced) and 10 seconds(the cap) we get a 5.03% chance to immediately proc again on the next anything(white, yellow, dot, healing) up to a 50.3% chance to proc if we haven't had one in the last 10 seconds. So this is telling me we should have 1 up just about all the time...and 2 or poss 3 up fairly consistently.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    We ended up killing him on our second try. I was taking a ton of damage from him, just from normal attacks + mobs. I didn't stand in Tornado. Just checkin to see if anyone else noticed him doing a lot of damage or if it was just me. >.>

Also, the three people that were clowning me were all friends from what I gathered. I think they might have been saying the crap because the healer was really really bad (I almost died on the first pull of the dogs >.>)
    During his Tornado, the boss gains a stacking debuff which increases his dmg a lot. This stack has to be debuffed by a rogue or hunter because its an enrage effect. If this isn't done every tank will receive a lot of damage.

--> not your fault.

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 05:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    The blue posts today about Windsong leads me to believe that using a 2-hander with Windsong is going to be the strongest wep/enchant combo Brewmasters have. If I recall Colossus was simming pretty high, but with the new RealPPM system for Windsong.

From Zarhym:
    In this case, it refers to the highest of your casting speed multiplier, or your attack speed multiplier. So, haste rating, increased attack speed effects (such as the attack speed raid buff), pure haste (such as Heroism or Bloodlust), or even Mind-Numbing Poison will all affect it.

With the 40% increased attack speed from using a 2-hander this seems like it will be multiple proccing constantly.

The formula in question is
    2*haste*(time since last chance to proc capped at 10)/60=chance to proc

So in my shitty 452 equipped gear(haven't gotten our raid group going yet) I have just under 51% haste. Using both extremes of 0 seconds(just procced) and 10 seconds(the cap) we get a 5.03% chance to immediately proc again on the next anything(white, yellow, dot, healing) up to a 50.3% chance to proc if we haven't had one in the last 10 seconds. So this is telling me we should have 1 up just about all the time...and 2 or poss 3 up fairly consistently.
    I would really like to know: is this RPPM mechanic also applies for dancing steel or the dodge enchant. Does somebody have infos ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Loktarok View Post
    How are you finding Colossus? I've been debating from switching to it from windsong.

Also you'll hate me for this. I have x2 fist weapons off the Spirit binder and 2 Polearms from the 4 kings. Depending on how you look at it, Them bonus rolls suck. ;p
    Well, my bonus rolls have sucked hard - only ever got legs from Sha bonus roll, and that's the only loot I've gotten from 3 weeks of Sha + 9 bonus rolls. Besides, here's to hoping I get the heroic fists next week, because it's rather likely Gara'jal is going down on wednesday or thursday.

On the point of Colossus though - sure it's a small shield, but every bit helps, Windsong doesn't give all too much when it comes to stats either though, once I get my hands on good weapons, Dancing Steel will hopefully feel like the top of the line enchant.
    Last edited by mmoc14827eacb9; 2012-10-16 at 05:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    So I've tanked about six or seven heroic dungeons on my Monk. I stack expertise, hit, agi, haste, the classics. I have a decent uptime for shuffle, and move into health globes. Today in SM (The one with the new Herod), we wiped on the boss that does the tornado, and my group said it was because I have no mitigation gear on. I responded with "You obviously have no idea how a monk tank works", they respond with "Neither do you." then remove me from the group.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is that boss a beast in general? It seems like he hits like a truck on my monk. Currently 455ish gear.
    Herold simply its like a truck. Not much you can do. If your dps sucks and it takes to long and noone can take the stacking buff of him you eat healer mana. Herold is almost the only boss in 5man where i actually clean stagger since it hits yellow.

on a sidenote my worldboss bonusloot luck was awesome. My raid bonusroll luck just sucks.
    Last edited by Asmalya; 2012-10-16 at 06:03 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalya View Post
    So what enchants are you running? 2x Colossus? 1x Colossus 1x Dancing Steel? I got my first fist from the Spiritbinder yesterday and feel like dual-wielding now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by imbanane View Post
    During his Tornado, the boss gains a stacking debuff which increases his dmg a lot. This stack has to be debuffed by a rogue or hunter because its an enrage effect. If this isn't done every tank will receive a lot of damage.

--> not your fault.

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 05:10 AM ----------

I would really like to know: is this RPPM mechanic also applies for dancing steel or the dodge enchant. Does somebody have infos ?
    atm it is only windsong and elemental force on the realppm. I thought windsong was just a bit behind colossus in the sims before. This seems like a.rather large buff so it would push it ahead. theorycrafting isn't about what feels best or what you think might work better, it's about the math. barely behind plus lrgebuff pushes this ahead with my napkin math.

Talking about it over on EJ too if anyone wants to follow the more mathiness of it. Had someone field test it but his numbers seem off.
    Last edited by Chuupag; 2012-10-16 at 04:40 PM.

i dont understand why i shoudlnt use pb to remove stagger, when i use it i still see shuffle on my buff bar

It's not that you never use pb, it's that you should wait until it's a good time to do so (I.E, when your stagger DoT debuff hits yellow or red)

As well, shuffle is not stagger. Shuffle PROVIDES stagger.

Deleted
    Whats people views on DW vs 2H now? I switched to DW earlier and found the windsong procs to be awesome. I hit a dummy for a few minutes and the procs barely dropped off. I read on EJ someone said they had something like 60% uptime but I felt I had more and the 3 simultaneous procs at one time is wicked. I changed my full gem to agi the reforged to hit and exp as much as poss then an a rhc and found my survivability just as it was but with greater single target dps. My set up is'nt tested n a raid yet due to some wife agro but I'm confident it's a viable one although as I'm not exp capped a KS parried does really hurt so I've taken the chi brew to try and counter this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by naZbaZ View Post
    So what enchants are you running? 2x Colossus? 1x Colossus 1x Dancing Steel? I got my first fist from the Spiritbinder yesterday and feel like dual-wielding now.
    Double Colossus. Might try some Windsong with the RPPM, and see how it works out. Got the mats already made for Dancing Steel, and just need a couple thousand rep for the recipes - and some suitable weapons, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    It's not that you never use pb, it's that you should wait until it's a good time to do so (I.E, when your stagger DoT debuff hits yellow or red)

As well, shuffle is not stagger. Shuffle PROVIDES stagger.
    why should i wait at all? stagger is a dot on you and thats bad. are you saying save it because it costs a chi?"