Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Matutin View Post
    Now I get why there is not a single guide on this forum.

We should really put a thread with a bunch of links together, heck, if everyone just check EJ, why is this forum still alive?
    EJ has always been the pinnacle of guides for Rogues. I tried to fill the void when EJ didn't really have an updated Subtlety guide, but other than that they usually have all the bases covered. And they do a good job for the most part.

But that doesn't mean that there's no room for any guides here. Since there's a void in the Rogue world right now, a well written guide would be very much appreciated by many. The recent thread complaining about the lack of guides is testament to this. But the fact remains that a sticky'd guide demands a certain standard, and I don't think this one is up to that standard yet. I don't mean to shoot you down since you obviously put some effort into this, but it's nothing more than a "quick and easy" guide, and that isn't enough to justify a sticky in my opinion.

If you aren't willing to look at things objectively with the view of improving, then you shouldn't be writing a guide in the first place. People here are willing to help as long as you can take criticism. Don't try to turn me into a villain for being the guy to say the OP is full of waffle and below sticky-standard, because I'm doing you a favor by saying it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kinda curious why Prep is considered a DPS increase in non-movement fights since none of the things whose cooldown it resets influence DPS. If anything, it seems like the only place where it might have an edge is movement fights since it will let you sprint again. Am I missing something or was that an error?

I mean, it still seems like a decent choice for more survival cooldowns.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I'm kinda curious why Prep is considered a DPS increase in non-movement fights since none of the things whose cooldown it resets influence DPS. If anything, it seems like the only place where it might have an edge is movement fights since it will let you sprint again. Am I missing something or was that an error?

Vanish -> Shadow Focus (Free Ambush)
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account

Cause you can use Vanish 2 times, meaning 2 free Ambush / Mutilate.
    My Rogue

Veni, vidi, vici.

I like MoP now c:

It resets Vanish, which is a very minor DPS CD. The gain is much larger for Subt using Subterfuge than the other specs. The DPS from Prep for Sin or Combat is equal to a few seconds of uptime. For Subt, it's probably around a dozen seconds of uptime.

ShS will net you more DPS for every single fight in MSV, barring Gara Jai if you don't go into the spirit realm.