Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Supakaiser View Post
    Just need to get used to it with my recent UI and keybind revamp I suppose.

What are the current BM reforge weights? Is mastery valued greater than/equal to crit or not? I need to iron out my scenario before Tuesday and I'm gung ho about it.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...asera/advanced
    Depends on your gear.

I got pretty much the same gear as you:

Crit > Mastery = Haste

The better gear you get, the better Mastery gets because more Agility = More crit = Mastery's worth increases because of amazing Crit synergy.

At ~476 iLvl (pretty high), Mastery is definitely better than Haste, until that point, shoot for Haste.
    It's variable, though. If you got lower iLvl than that, but got tons of crit, Mastery might still be the better choice.

Use SimCraft, and of course, take results with a grain of salt.

You should try and go for Crit / Mastery on your gear.

I guess I'm supershit if I can't reach higher than 40k <.< Might just have to go back to survi..

This is my burst.

Pre-pot
    ---Pull---
    ALL CD's + Trinkets + Kill Command
    Stampede
    Lynx Rush
    Dire Beast
    Glaive Toss
    Serpent
    Kill Command (Should have just enough time to use a second Kill Command before you readiness, if you didn't KC twice before readiness your doing it wrong)
    ---Readiness---
    Kill Command
    Glaive Toss
    Arcane (Till first BW / RF are off CD)
    CD's + Trinkets
    Kill Command / Glaive Toss off CD
    Arcane filler only after keeping Serp alive with Cobra's
    Focus Firing at 4-5 stacks and only after all other priorities have been used.

Following this rotation your burst can reach 200k for the first 20 seconds, then drops off to around 70k after a minute or so. Make sure you use that KC twice before the readiness
    Last edited by Dize; 2012-10-15 at 05:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the moment i have a serious damage issue with my BM Hunter. I think this thread really comes in handy.

The last time i checked my dps on recount i had like 22k damage with gear of item lvl 430-440 or something on Coren Direbrew. I try to follow the rotations and everything that is written by Noxxic for BM PvE Hunters. I dunno if that is good actually. I haven't done (hc) dungeons yet btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    At the moment i have a serious damage issue with my BM Hunter. I think this thread really comes in handy.

The last time i checked my dps on recount i had like 22k damage with gear of item lvl 430-440 or something on Coren Direbrew. I try to follow the rotations and everything that is written by Noxxic for BM PvE Hunters. I dunno if that is good actually. I haven't done (hc) dungeons yet btw.
    Depending on how serious you are, Noxxic will serve you fine.

Do take everything it says with a grain of salt, reading through it, I see a number of mistakes.

Would be better with some logs of your gameplay on some boss really.

I have one question: Rabid should be macro with BW or rather with Lynx Rush?

Quote Originally Posted by dzidek View Post
    I have one question: Rabid should be macro with BW or rather with Lynx Rush?
    it should be on auto cast now that it is changed.

Its a 70% attack speed increase now rather then a damage increase. It does nothing for lynx rush anymore and does not line up with BW well

Thanks for advice.

I know there were some macros listed earlier, but could some people post their Start the fight Burst Macro, I don't seem to be doing it right.

Thanks!

Few questions about stampede:

Do they use Rabid when I call?
    What is better: With or Without Glyph?
    Do I use to start my burst or after popping all my cd's?

This macro simply uses CD's and saves me a GCD in the process. Instead of using a GCD for cooldowns, and then KC, putting it into one macro saves you time and damage. Always use this CD instead of your KC hotkey if your KC and BW are both off CD at the same time.

#showtooltip Rapid Fire
    /petattack
    /use 13
    /use 14
    /use 10
    /cast Blood Fury
    /cast Bestial Wrath
    /cast Rabid
    /cast Kill Command
    I'm seeing this macro as showing the tooltip for rapid fire but rapid fire isn't in there. Your last step in the opening sequence mentions using RF again but I don't see it used a first time. Is RF supposed to be in this macro? Also with engineering enchants on a 10s cd is this macro supposed to be spammed? Trust me I'm wanting this macro to work but from my limited perspective it looks like it would generate alot of errors with not alot going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam-OC View Post
    I'm seeing this macro as showing the tooltip for rapid fire but rapid fire isn't in there. Your last step in the opening sequence mentions using RF again but I don't see it used a first time. Is RF supposed to be in this macro? Also with engineering enchants on a 10s cd is this macro supposed to be spammed? Trust me I'm wanting this macro to work but from my limited perspective it looks like it would generate alot of errors with not alot going on.
    This is an old macro where I just haven't changed the Tooltip. It's not supposed to have Rapid Fire in it. My Rapid Fire is currently Macro'd in with Stampede. If you look at +3, you will see that I am using my Stam/RF Macro at that point.

The problem with all of the new abilities, and old ones, is many of them are on GCD. You must use the least GCD's possible when using yor DPS cooldowns.

So my macro order would be.

/cast Rapid Fire
    /cast Stampede

Wait 2 GCD's

#showtooltip Rapid Fire
    /petattack
    /use 13
    /use 14
    /use 10
    /cast Blood Fury
    /cast Bestial Wrath
    /cast Rabid
    /cast Kill Command

Then Lynx Rush. Your pets damage is automatically updated with any buffs you get.

Like I said in my first post, you will not burst as high as you may see other hunters do, but your sustained DPS will be much higher, and in a raid fight that is far more important.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeyed View Post
    Hey guys,

Thought I'd sign up to give my 2cents on this matter. I've been playing BM since i dinged 90. I guess i use something very close to your guys rotations. But i seem to be pushing 170k+ burst in 5mans and 200k+ in 10man raids.

Heres what i do:

MD Tank
    Pre-pot
    Serpent Sting
    BW+RF+Trinkets
    Stampede
    Rabid
    KC
    Direbeast
    LynxRush
    Glaive
    Arcane Shot
    KC
    Readiness
    KC
    Direbeast
    LynxRush (Usually BW runs out about here)
    BW
    Glaive
    SS
    Arcane spam with KC on cd
    RF when BW runs out

As i said, not much difference but it may just be because im in a group.
    This guy is probably the only one in the thread that knows what he's doing and he didn't even come off with the "i am right this is how you do it" arrogance.

Some of you should take note.

That's pretty much how I burst too, except I stampede before BW.
    I dont play BM, and tried this tonight, first time I set everything up and did it, I got too 196k every other time while I waited for everything to be off cd, stampede cause of how long it is, I could never replicate my 1st go which hit 196, every other one is around 96, 88k not sure why.

Once this opener rotation is over with, what then ? I know topic is about openers, but I'd like to keep trying to play BM but don't know what you do beyond that insane opener, are we just spamming KC, arcane, and cobra until anything comes of cd and then hit whatever is off, cd.. or is there more of some kind of routine ?

Ive tried for past 2.5 hrs, waiting inbetween each time for stampede to come off cd to re-do my first attempt's dps but i have never got near it on trainning dummies

Oh and what pet are you guys using as BM ? in raids.
    Last edited by Mission; 2012-10-17 at 07:33 PM.
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

Arktem,

I'm just wondering where you throw in the next Dire Beast after you pop readiness; I don't see it in your sequence. Great info though, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuut View Post
    Arktem,

I'm just wondering where you throw in the next Dire Beast after you pop readiness; I don't see it in your sequence. Great info though, tyvm.
    I'd presume its straight after the readiness. As you want that puppy on CD all the time. No use holding it back unless you know it wont get 15 secs of uptime.

Quote Originally Posted by Mission View Post
    Oh and what pet are you guys using as BM ? in raids.
    If i have all buffs covered in raid, I usually stick with my Spirit beast. The extra heals dont hurt :P
    The 5 pets i do have are (ofcourse this comes down to raid setups):
    1. Hyena - 10% Melee Haste
    2. Sporebat - 5% Spell Haste
    3. Spirit Beast - Mastery
    4. Quillen (Wolf if not BM) - Brez + 5% Crit
    5. Turtle - Tank spec for owning solo

I feel its a good comp of pets, 3/5 give you your best buffs, 1/5 for spell casters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mission View Post
    Once this opener rotation is over with, what then ? I know topic is about openers, but I'd like to keep trying to play BM but don't know what you do beyond that insane opener, are we just spamming KC, arcane, and cobra until anything comes of cd and then hit whatever is off, cd.. or is there more of some kind of routine ?
    Keep SrS up and Glaive on CD other than that I dont think so, Rabid should now be used whenever its off CD as it doesnt help lynx rush anymore and as it doesnt line up with BW often. I raided last night and i was 1 of top dps in guild still with rabid changes. If my CDs are a few seconds apart i usually wait to use them together. I also save my 2nd pot for my BW after initial burst.

With the Lynx Rush burst nerf i dont believe we will see number quite that high again hahahaha. But hopefully overall isnt affected too much.
    Last edited by Hawkeyed; 2012-10-18 at 01:13 AM.