My arms DPS need help

Hey guys, Last night I did Stone Guards and my dps was very subpar.
    My rotation is Shout>charge>BS>CS>CDs>DR>MS>OP>slam and heroic strike when i have full rage.
    Am i doing something wrong, or should certain CDs be popped at certain times, or should certain CDs be popped together for maximum dps, right now I just hit all of them at the start.
    Edit: When do i use sweeping strikes, seems like it makes me rage starved?
    Last edited by Gumby; 2012-10-15 at 10:06 PM.

Deleted
    For stone guard I'd assume you'd keep up sweeping strikes at all times. Try to squeeze in some heroic leaps. Do you mean by BS Bladestorm?

glyph sweeping strikes .

There is something terribly wrong with your rotation if your abbreviations are what I think. For one, you can't bladestorm and dragon roar, so im not sure what bs and dr are. Also, you can macro charge and heroic leap together, so I would do so for your opener. Sweeping strikes should ALWAYS be up on this. If you do in fact have blade storm, for this fight, go get dragon roar instead and line it up with bloodbath if you have that. Blade storm is only good with 4+ targets. Also, a couple things i'm not 100% sure on since I haven't been able to raid on my warr yet, you should try and switch targets often and keep deep wounds on both, and also i believe cleave may take priority over HS on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Eluo View Post
    you should try and switch targets often and keep deep wounds on both, and also i believe cleave may take priority over HS on this one.
    You can keep DW running on all targets in range with Thunder Clap. You don't need to switch targets for that.

Cleave is probably better, and may be even better than HS because of the Overpower Glyph. I can't say for sure though.

Does "sweeping strikes" grant 100% damage on a second target? If so, there's no way, that cleave will take over HS for 2 Targets. If it is 50% on the second target, cleave would take over at roughly 15k base weapon damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eluo View Post
    There is something terribly wrong with your rotation if your abbreviations are what I think. For one, you can't bladestorm and dragon roar, so im not sure what bs and dr are. Also, you can macro charge and heroic leap together, so I would do so for your opener. Sweeping strikes should ALWAYS be up on this. If you do in fact have blade storm, for this fight, go get dragon roar instead and line it up with bloodbath if you have that. Blade storm is only good with 4+ targets. Also, a couple things i'm not 100% sure on since I haven't been able to raid on my warr yet, you should try and switch targets often and keep deep wounds on both, and also i believe cleave may take priority over HS on this one.
    Bladestorm has one nice advantage on this fight, in that you can use it to pop loads of cobalt mines and not get rooted during the time when cobalt is petrifying. That said, I use Shockwave anyway.

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 12:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaljurei View Post
    You can keep DW running on all targets in range with Thunder Clap. You don't need to switch targets for that.

Cleave is probably better, and may be even better than HS because of the Overpower Glyph. I can't say for sure though.
    You should not use Thunder Clap on two targets, it's a waste. Just alternate which target you're hitting with Mortal Strike.