Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    So, people, in another posts someone made me aware of the existence of this interview (still dont know how i missed it at the time)

http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/pc/games...s-of-Pandaria/

where the lead producer from MoP says clearly that we wil reinstate Thrall as Warchief. This and Metzen's words should be enough to clear all doubts.
    Gameplanet: Can you tell us a bit more about the upcoming raid on Orgrimmar?

Brack: Sure. We haven't designed very much of it right now, we just know we do want to have the recognition from the Horde and Alliance that we have to depose Garrosh as the leader of the Horde and reinstate Thrall as Warchief. I'm really excited about it from a player perspective, because I think if you're an Alliance player, the idea about doing a raid into the heart of your enemies capital is really satisfying, and deposing the enemy leader is super gratifying. On the Horde side, it's going to be super cool to have a raid in your own home town, and who doesn't want Thrall to be the leader of the Horde?

Yep. That's pretty clear.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    I'm not disputing the facts as presented in this thread, but I do not believe that Thrall, Greatmother, and Aggra are necessarily indicative of the entire race. There's lots of examples in-game of untainted orcs behaving badly. Unless there is some sort of retcon suggesting a preternatural influence on Garrosh, he seems rather attuned to his ancestors' nature. His father's memory doesn't seem like "enough" to drive him to the wild-eyed, crazed bloodlust he is currently experiencing.
    There are also a lot of example of HUmans behaving badly, that doesnt make the entire race a bloodthirsty savage one. The race, as a whole, was a peacefull shamanistic race like Taurens. And as Taurens, there were some savage bloodthirsty ones (like Grimtotems).

Again, THE OFFICIAL SITE says that Orcs were a peacefull shamanistic race before Kil'jaeden, they use those exact words.

So you might not like it, but the ones making the lore say it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, people, in another posts someone made me aware of the existence of this interview (still dont know how i missed it at the time)

http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/pc/games...s-of-Pandaria/

where the lead producer from MoP says clearly that we wil reinstate Thrall as Warchief. This and Metzen's words should be enough to clear all doubts.
    I made a debate thread on what J Allan Brack said there. The only problem though, is a month after he said that stuff, Zarhym made a post partly debunking what Brack said, telling us it may not have been 100% accurate. so well this could still leave it open that Thrall could come back, it also throws yet another red herring into the mix.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post

- Baine is/was friends with Jaina, and is friends with Anduin. Vol'jin doesn't have any friendships within the Alliance.
    This could actually work against him as some ppl may think he's too friendly with the Alli similiar to Thrall. IMO the idea is a Warchief with no friendships or connections with the Alli.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I made a debate thread on what J Allan Brack said there. The only problem though, is a month after he said that stuff, Zarhym made a post partly debunking what Brack said, telling us it may not have been 100% accurate. so well this could still leave it open that Thrall could come back, it also throws yet another red herring into the mix.
    Again, seriously, community manager against the sayings of a Lead producer and the VP of Creative Development.

Seriously, Zarhym was trying to get the suspense going.

Nope, because they made it a point to have the blues point out it was not accurate information later on. This has already been brought up to you.

Thrall coming back may very well have been the plan, but plans can change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, seriously, community manager against the sayings of a Lead producer and the VP of Creative Development.

Maybe. I'd honestly like to believe Brack well before Zarhym in this case, but tbh it wouldn't surprise me if Zarhym got wind of how they changed there ideas around and let slip.
    #boycottchina

As it stands, if Thrall became Warchief again, I'd Faction Change to Horde... :P

You do realize that Zarhym is not allowed to talk out of his ass, right? As a community manager he is not supposed to just make up story information on the spot and, worst yet, lie out of his ass about it. It looks bad for the company.

Zarhym's information comes later then Allan's, thus his is a more updated source.

Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    Nope, because they made it a point to have the blues point out it was not accurate information later on. This has already been brought up to you.

Thrall coming back may very well have been the plan, but plans can change.
    Sure, two high developers of Blizzard lied to us and the only one without influence in the development of the game that was ambiguous in his sayings is correct, sure....

That's more probable that just Zarhym being intentionally ambiguous to try to get some suspense back again, sure.

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 12:33 PM ----------

You do realize that Zarhym is not allowed to talk out of his ass, right? As a community manager he is not supposed to just make up story information on the spot and, worst yet, lie out of his ass about it. It looks bad for the company.

Zarhym's information comes later then Allan's, thus his is a more updated source.
    He hasnt come out of this ass, he doesnt say shit in his posts, he only gives and ambigous say about things that MIGHT not be entirely accurate. They may as well be entirely accurate too.

This reminds when the leak about mop came out and blizz said mist of pandaria wasnt the next xpac

blizz really sucks at keeping the lore secret

why did they ruin the whole story arc by saying siege of orgrimmar was gonna be the last raid

if they never had said anything us lore nerds couldve argued our balls off but seeing we know how this shit is gonna end its ruined

He hasnt come out of this ass, he doesnt say shit in his posts, he only gives and ambigous say about things that MIGHT not be entirely accurate. They may as well be entirely accurate too.
    When he says "not entirely accurate" he is pointing out there is an issue in what was said. In this case, Thrall returning to the Horde? Accurate. Thrall returning as Warchief? Not Accurate.

I mentioned it in the other thread, but the twitter quote from Metzen you keep bringing up didn't answer the question "Is Thrall coming back as Warchief?", it was answering the question of "Is Thrall returning to the Horde?" That answer has been "Yes" for months, but coming back to the Horde does not mean he is going to be Warchief.

Hard to believe, I know, but Thrall can be a part of the Horde, AND have a new Warchief. One is a person, the other a title, and both don't need to be connected by default.

Deleted
    It will be Dezco's sons, dual Warchief. :P

When he says "not entirely accurate" he is pointing out there is an issue in what was said. In this case, Thrall returning to the Horde? Accurate. Thrall returning as Warchief? Not Accurate.

I mentioned it in the other thread, but the twitter quote from Metzen you keep bringing up didn't answer the question "Is Thrall coming back as Warchief?", it was answering the question of "Is Thrall returning to the Horde?" That answer has been "Yes" for months, but coming back to the Horde does not mean he is going to be Warchief.

Hard to believe, I know, but Thrall can be a part of the Horde, AND have a new Warchief. One is a person, the other a title, and both don't need to be connected by default.
    The tweet itself doesnt indicates he is returniong to the horde. All the info together does. And Zarhym post is ambiguous, while Metzens and Bracks sayings arent.

Deleted
    Actually, I think something like this is about to go down: We kill Garrosh, and we spark a civil war among the Horde as hundreds of power-hungry people want to claim the title of Warchief. Sylvannas quickly seizes this opportunity, and dispatches her Forsaken full force into Orgrimmar, so she can claim the throne. She is stopped by the other leaders. Sylvannas then leaves the Horde of her own will, claiming the the Forsaken no longer need the Horde having outgrown it. Of course not all of the forsaken agree with her and so a part of them chose to remain in the Horde under leadership of Koltira Deathweaver (or someone else). Sylvannas leaves to follow her own agenda ultimately resulting in her death. The other leaders come to a conclusion that a divided Horde cannot stand, and thus form a coucil, comprised of all the Horde leaders: Vol'jin, Baine, Lor'themar, Thrall and Koltira (or whoever is chosen to lead the Forsaken).

I know the whole council thing is just an Irongforge rip-off, but I can totally see it happening.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by savutitus View Post
    Actually, I think something like this is about to go down: We kill Garrosh, and we spark a civil war among the Horde as hundreds of power-hungry people want to claim the title of Warchief. Sylvannas quickly seizes this opportunity, and dispatches her Forsaken full force into Orgrimmar, so she can claim the throne. She is stopped by the other leaders. Sylvannas then leaves the Horde of her own will, claiming the the Forsaken no longer need the Horde having outgrown it. Of course not all of the forsaken agree with her and so a part of them chose to remain in the Horde under leadership of Koltira Deathweaver (or someone else). Sylvannas leaves to follow her own agenda ultimately resulting in her death. The other leaders come to a conclusion that a divided Horde cannot stand, and thus form a coucil, comprised of all the Horde leaders: Vol'jin, Baine, Lor'themar, Thrall and Koltira (or whoever is chosen to lead the Forsaken).

I know the whole council thing is just an Irongforge rip-off, but I can totally see it happening.
    Doubt they will just kill off sylvannas, she is too much of a "unkown character" atm, I think they want to develop her more.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Also, didn't answer my question. The orcs, the largest body of fights within the horde, will need to be lead. And they are not going to be commanded by a none orc. So, who would become there leader?
    Sorry, I thought it was an accident the first couple of times. Apparently it wasn't, I feel I have to say something lest I shall surely explode. "led", "non-orc". Also I like how you assume to be the source of all information orc related.

Deleted
    I think everybody is forgetting the Pandaren in this btw.

The new Warchief will be Thrall's son. Aggra was pregnant according to Miss. Red Dragon, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Glaucus View Post
    The new Warchief will be Thrall's son. Aggra was pregnant according to Miss. Red Dragon, right?
    Yep, the Horde is going to have it's first infant leader. For the Horde!

/sarcasm.